News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City V Villa

Started by 93:2012, April 25, 2015, 16:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

There's a hell of a lot that needs sorting but it is three points in the bag. At the moment we just want to keep winning until the summer then there has to be big changes.

In some ways I was relieved it became a competitive game because it was fucking boring for the first hour or so.

KunDB

If only, we could be 'outstanding' like Liverpool were today, according to Brendan Rodgers, in defeat and not scoring mind instead of being awful, only scoring 3 and winning all 3 points.

Rowley Birkin QC

So we won then?
(sorry - I'm travelling...)
...but not convincingly?

Ludo

How do you travel unconvincingly?

We scraped it.

zacc

hubby wants to know (he's only come to support City last 5 years, don't ask!  ::) ) why is it regardless of how much money is spent , that it's totally different players, managers, City's  playing style doesn't change? Er blame the tea lady ? Seems to be the ethos of the place? 
Still reeling from the fact City scored last goal from a corner!!! :o

Swiss

Changed a lot from Pearce...

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 25, 2015, 23:57:35
So we won then?
(sorry - I'm travelling...)
...but not convincingly?

Think back to some typical City wins from the past and you'll get the picture - get a two goal lead via an opposition howler and a good free kick and then contrive to throw the game away in the last 20 mins or so and scramble a late winner. About as unconvincing as it gets.

As goat has already mentioned, Hart's two biggest flaws - judgement on crosses and distribution - have been there since he first arrived at the club and I think it's fair to say they're not likely to improve now. I didn't like his post-match comment that "sometimes you come out and just don't get there" - nope, that's an error of judgement, it doesn't happen by chance and for the first goal he was yards away from getting the ball and ended up in no man's land.

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on April 25, 2015, 20:11:19

Kolarov played well, he is rumoured to be one of those to be shipped out? Cant see him wanting to stay in anycase if Dzeko and Jovetic go.

I was pleased for him when he scored as one bloke near me did nothing but slag him off for the whole game, at least he had to shut up a bit when Kolarov scored.

Rowley Birkin QC

Ta Brendan...

I've always thought Kolarov was an important member of the squad. I know he has his faults defensively, but  he's one of our more positive, attack minded players - and he does deliver. Better than Clichy in many departments.

Hesperus

A good three points but a very unconvincing performance. Villa had more possession than we did which is unthinkable really.  Pellegrini reckons we've got our confidence back! Who is he trying to kid! 

The guy I sit next to reckons he's heard Viera will take over next season or sooner if results go down hill.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 26, 2015, 17:35:22
Ta Brendan...

I've always thought Kolarov was an important member of the squad. I know he has his faults defensively, but  he's one of our more positive, attack minded players - and he does deliver. Better than Clichy in many departments.

considering ow much pelle loves his 4-4-2 im amazed hes not had a run at left wing, too late now tho

Swiss

I thought Viera didn't have the qualifications and therefore can't take over?

goat

can they not just say he is coach instead of manager? that usually works around badges

KunDB

Quote from: goat on April 28, 2015, 02:09:21
can they not just say he is coach instead of manager? that usually works around badges

Do not be ridiculous you cannot just rename the job then.........oh so sorry, forgot we were talking football, of course they can.

bry the guy

I believe his contract is up in the summer.