News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Haaland

Started by Kilkenny Blue, April 27, 2022, 20:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Looks like we have him.

Not for me.  Too injury prone, too expensive and hate that we're dealing with Mino Raiola.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Has there been an update somewhere?

gavin

Just the player we need. Young and incredibly talented striker. Who else could we sign that is a better fit? A player like him is going to be bucks these days.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Bindippers and Rags must have heard about Haaland.

'Agent Mino Raiola 'critically ill' in hospital'

https://www.skysports.com/share/12600729

Neil Mcnab

As long as his form or desire dont drop off a cliff, its a no brainer. Will score a shed load of goals. We get him for less than half of his value, in the open market £150 million is not out of the question. He has pace, which outside of Sterling who maybe off, we need in attack. Already being associated with us should mean he settles in very quickly. Only the effect on the wage structure could be a minus. KDB will want a raise.

silvablue

This would be an excellent signing and lift us to a level for sure. That said we need a sharp shooter back up for when he is injured to ensure consistency.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac link=topic=3623.msg46452#msg46452 date=1651152643

'Agent Mino Raiola 'critically ill' in hospital'

/quote]

He's gone.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Yee brown bread. Hope it doesn't affect our Haaland deal.

KunDB

At least we won't have to deal with Mr. Raiola if we get Haaland. RIP to him but he was a venom to team spirit.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He had a medical yesterday apparently and will be announced by the club this week.

gavin

Pretty much confirmed in Pep's presser. He says he will talk about it when it is fully completed. So it must be very, very near now. Alvarez also on the way means it will be a much different attacking team next season already.

Hesperus

👍👍👍 very happy with this deal if it gets confirmed. Awesome signing.

gavin

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/club-statement-erling-haaland-63787789

QuoteManchester City can confirm we have reached an agreement in principle with Borussia Dortmund for the transfer of striker Erling Haaland to the Club on 1st July 2022.

The transfer remains subject to the Club finalising terms with the player.

Stephen Paul

Bloody bargain at 60 million

jingoe

A great signing. Grealish must be pleased that he won't have the worst hair cut at the club anymore

gavin

Yes, next signing needs to be a top barber for them two.

KunDB

Quote from: Stephen Paul on May 10, 2022, 17:22:27
Bloody bargain at 60 million

Absolute bargain, but depends on the contract clauses. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he had release clauses in his contract that lets him move on at a knock down price, when he chooses to move on.

That said what a signing, just what we need to lift us to a higher level with an improved conversion rate of goal chances.

Neil Mcnab

We get the second most wanted player in the world, cant complain. Lets see if we can get Bellingham as well.

Kilkenny Blue

Lazy journos adding on cost of wages etc!

I take back my previous reservations and it's an absolute bargain.  Alan Shearer:
https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/newcastle-legend-alan-shearer-erling-haaland-prediction-manchester-city-transfer/

Rowley Birkin QC

Ticks all the boxes for me. We definitely need a proper striker. With one, this season, I firmly believe we would have wrapped up the Premiership several weeks ago.