News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Haaland

Started by Kilkenny Blue, April 27, 2022, 20:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

silvablue

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on May 14, 2022, 02:22:42
Lazy journos adding on cost of wages etc!

I take back my previous reservations and it's an absolute bargain.  Alan Shearer:
https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/newcastle-legend-alan-shearer-erling-haaland-prediction-manchester-city-transfer/

Just hold fire and wait, end of next season after we win the PL again and more and Haaland has scored 32 goals Alan Shearer will be saying. Yes it's a lot of goals but he's really fallen short of what he could and should have achieved in this team, he needs to improve and do better next season.

Stephen Paul

Erling Haaland is the only player I have seen easily push Dias of the ball
Exited to say the least

Stephen Paul

With the service from kdb and foden,this guy will be exceptional

bbk

Is anyone worried he won't fit in to our system? I think it's being over simplified to: top goal scorer + team creating lots of chances = many goals for said goal scorer. I worry it's over looking the nuanced interplay of our forward players and the potential for disruption of this.

Lukaku being the most recent example of this. Remember Chelsea were going to be unstoppable when in reality they were/are better without Lukaku.

Either way, it will be interesting and he won't lose value.

Also, if someone with the analytical incompetence of Anal Shearer thinks it will work, that cannot be good.

gavin

He won't fit into our system. The system needs to change. No team can play the same season after season. There's been numerous times this season where we have desperately needed something different. He has been bought as a new dimension. City will need to change and so will Haaland. Let's not forget Alvarez too. It is going to be another exciting season.

Tricky Trev

I don't rate him that highly, also very worried about his injury proneness. I do hope I am wrong however, as I am born and raised in the same city as him, and had several interactions with him. Even played against him when he was a wee lad or whatever you guys call it.

It's cool to have a guy from from here succeed and all, but mostly I want it because almost everyone here is moaning and bitching about him choosing city and supposedly the money. Everyone here and basically in all Norway supports the scum or scousers. It's all very tiring and funny when they moan. Entitled spoiled shits, but who cares when it's in Norway  :D

Neil Mcnab

Mbappe has settled for a £100 million signing on fee and a million a game and a say so in club affairs, all to stay at the same club. As far as I can tell Haaland is somewhere around KDB wages. Very reasonable. I expect Haaland can depart to Madrid at some point as one of the terms.  Pep will make a success of it, I am certain and Haaland will improve because of it. Win, win.

gavin

Tebas and La Liga are having a right good skrike about Mbappe. Makes me laugh. They've never minded outbidding other teams themselves.

KunDB

About time too.

gavin

Welcome onboard. Always great to see a City fan achieve his lifes dream of pulling on the shirt.

gavin

I'm already looking forward to the new season. It normally takes more than a month but the early signings of strikers has got me going already. The end to last season helped too of course. Looking forward to the fixtures tomorrow. If Erling is fit all season then we should be truly awesome.

gavin

He's not appeared in the training vid. Not injured already I hope.

Stephen Paul

A very low key signing by all accounts

If he had signed for the rags or dippers it would be front and back page for weeks

gavin

I prefer us to make headlines by being Champions anyway. Not too fussed about having the hype the rags and scousers get.

He did have niggles but hopefully fit for tonight.

gavin

Didn't take him long to get on the scoresheet did it? The bloke is a beast of a man and still growing. If he stays fit then we are going to score a lot of goals this season - even compared to our recent hauls.

reddishblue

Alvarez will be the secret weapon.

Stephen Paul

Neil Mcnab

Alvarez looked sharper, more in tune with how we have been playing. Haaland was just warming up though.