News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Alvarez

Started by gavin, May 26, 2022, 12:04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Six goals in one match for River Plate the other day. Looks sharp.

Twitter video link

KunDB

Wow, impressive.

Now close your eyes and imagine the player as Sterling not Alvarez. Yes 6 shots never actually fired as he dithers deciding what he should do. A bit cruel but I never understand why he just doesn't shoot on sight like KdB does.

Neil Mcnab

Excellent, who needs Haaland? I think that Mangala might have been the defensive coach for the opposition though.

KunDB

Hopefully we don't buy the opposition's goalie.

Neil Mcnab

He can play on the wing apparently, if some of our forwards move on..

Hesperus

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on May 27, 2022, 08:57:59
He can play on the wing apparently, if some of our forwards move on..

Hope we don't play him the wing. He's a number 9 from what I've seen and a good one at that.

It'll be hard enough for a young lad, to move to a new country, pick up the challenges of the premier league and have to play in a position he hasn't been playing in.

gavin

I doubt that we'll be playing two strikers. I'm sure that he'll get plenty opportunity to play up front as we play so many games. But if Haaland is playing as striker a lot of the time then it will help him get in the team if he can do a good job from the wing. Given that we have lost Jesus and look likely to lose Raheem then we'll need him there too.

bbk

When it comes to attackers, Pep signs footballers who can operate anywhere. If it doesn't work out, it won't be because he was played out of position.

KunDB

Came across Really well in his OS media interview. As did Haaland, Phillips & Stefan.