News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who's going?

Started by Neil Mcnab, May 26, 2022, 19:37:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Any from Sterling, Mahrez, Gundog, Zinchenko and Bernardo are all going to be in the news as potentially going. Sterling, Mahrez and Gundog all entering the last year of contract. Zinchenko might want to be a starter somewhere and Bernardo wanted to go last season. Would Ake go if Newcastle came in for him? Could be busy.

lee

Tough one to call but Mahrez can go for me..Keep Berny and a tough one on Raheem.He delivered the goods the last game.

I would like to see a new number 2 goalkeeper personally.

gavin

Steffen is a good lad. We won't find a better number 2. Everyone makes a fuck up every now and then. He'll learn from it.

All the players we have are very good so it'll be sad to see any of them leave. Raheem has been quite poor of late but showed his worth when coming on at the weekend. Bernard has been immense all season. That good that he has kept Gundo out of the team a lot and Gundo displayed that he is a crucial player again in the final game too. Mahrez has had a good season and will stay. Zinny is part of the club now and I'd be surprised if he left in the next few years. He always does a job every season but was amazing against Villa. He went past players at will.

KunDB

For me Steffen is the best number 2 we could get. It is not easy sitting on the bench and then having to be in tip top shape when called to perform.

Raheem such a disappointment because he just cannot pull the trigger when needed and useless in a one to one with goalies, not to mention penalties. A good transfer fee and I believe he will be away. I get the feeling he wants to go.

Mahrez wavers between his brillance, unbelievable first touch, and at times is world class. But a bit of a one trick pony cutting in on his left foot to shoot and top right corner for penalties. I still like him amd believe he should and will stay.

Gundogan should stay what a player, what a leader, what a team influencer. Only negative is his age but a good few years left yet.

Jesus is a brilliant worker and I love him as a player but he is no striker but I hope he stays.

Zinchenko is playing out of position and has been in and out but brilliant when needed last Sunday. Love him as a player but i suspect he needs to go and will go for more playing time.

Bernardo, does anyone sane really want him to go, what a worker, what a player. Brilliant if he stays but i fear he wont. Our loss sadly.

The great managers let their players go when their is still good value in them, just before their performances start to deteriorate. A good turnover keeps all players on their toes.

Neil Mcnab

Forgot about Jesus, all career as a bit part player? Desperate for Bernardo to stay, great player with a similar attitude. Sterling and Mahrez, both can go. Mahrez is a successful one trick pony. Sterling, we need pace, but not consistent enough, get a shave.

Stephen Paul

A difficult question

Sterling for me

KunDB

We can throw Ake into the mix. I can see a significant turnover this summer transfer window.

gavin

People are always very good at chucking players away but not very good at suggesting better that we could get for less than we get for the player that leaves. Also, we need a squad not just a first XI and we already have quite a sparse squad. Ake has filled holes for us on a number of occasions this season and never complains. He could well develop into more. Maybe he is one who could go but it would just create another hole to fill.

We can probably spare a forward player with the two strikers that we have bought. I don't think we have spare players elsewhere in the squad until we buy.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Definitely keep Ake. He's been steady since joining but this year has played really well. He's a good defender but he does unfortunately have three very very good defenders infront of him, but if he's happy to be a bit part/cup player then he needs to stay.

Stephen Paul

It looks like zinchenkho is off to Newcastle Utd

KunDB

I'm not saying anyone should go but some players are likely to want away for more first team playing time

Probably Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko & Ake fall into that bracket but only the players and City's management knows. Maybe Bernardo.

Remember Peps philosophy is if they want away and we get a fair fee they can go. Which is a god policy imho.

lee

Keep Ake and Zinnny.Both tick all the boxes.

bbk

As it stands, Sterling and Mahrez can go. We can upgrade.

Bernie Silva should stay. One of the best players in the midfield area. Nobody could afford him, if he wants to stay. Why wouldn't he?

Zinchenko won't want to go.

We need a left back and someone to keep Rodri on his toes and allow him a rest now and again.

gavin

Who are we going to get to upgrade on Mahrez and Sterling? I reckon one forward can go but I'd keep the others. I don't think that we need to mess about there. Though I can understand frustrations at time with Mahrez and Sterling, they are class players who have delivered year after year.

gavin

Zinchenko has suddenly started going past defenders at will. He seems like a different player. We could be making a big mistake if we let him go.

jingoe

Zinchenko was great against Villa and was MOM tonight playing for Ukraine against the jocks.He has skills hitherto unseen !

KunDB

Zinchenko is a midfielder not a wing back by trade. It's hardly surprising he has taken time to adjust, particularly given his limited playing time.

That said never equate International Football to League football. Many shine in the international matches that flip in league football.

gavin

He did it to create the equaliser against Villa from left back and a couple of other times in the match too. All of a sudden, he glides past defenders like Messi.

bbk

Quote from: gavin on June 01, 2022, 21:04:26
Who are we going to get to upgrade on Mahrez and Sterling? I reckon one forward can go but I'd keep the others. I don't think that we need to mess about there. Though I can understand frustrations at time with Mahrez and Sterling, they are class players who have delivered year after year.

Agree on only letting one of them go, don't want our apples falling off the top.

There are too many players to mention who are upgrades on both. I'd really have liked the boy Liverpool got, Diaz. Now that Sterling doesn't play as much, I'd say Bowen would be worth a punt in his squad role.

Neil Mcnab

Better to get something for players coming into the last year of their contract, than let them go for nothing. Their heads are bound to be filled with contract talks or pastures anew.