News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who's going?

Started by Neil Mcnab, May 26, 2022, 19:37:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on June 01, 2022, 21:45:30
Zinchenko has suddenly started going past defenders at will. He seems like a different player. We could be making a big mistake if we let him go.

Had a fantastic few games lately
Would be well to hang onto

Neil Mcnab

Jesus is strongly linked with Arsenal, another with a year left on his contract. Teaming back up with Arteta, Arsenals strikers have already left or going, so makes sense.

gavin

It makes sense for Arsenal but all of these players need to consider that any step to another club in England is a step down and it will be difficult for them to win trophies against City.

Stephen Paul

More game time for Jesus at Arsenal

gavin

More game time but in a side that is unlikely to compete for the title and isn't in the Champions League. I'd well understand it if he wants to play more but it is a trade off. There's very few players who are guaranteed a start in a team like City,

KunDB

With his contract running down and Haaland and Alvarez incoming Jesus might just conclude his game time at City will be negligible. Players want to play. I'm convinced he will be gone, a shame because he is such a good hard working player but Pep likes to manage squad size and rotation.

gavin

Bernard absolutely has to stay. Pep says Barcelona will find it difficult to sign him thankfully.

gavin

Fernandinho and Jayden Braaf are among five players to be officially released. 5 Premier League titles for Fernandinho. What a haul that is. Awesome. He has been such a crucial player over the years in the quiet but important position of defensive midfield. But we must not forget how many times he has filled in elsewhere for us too.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-released-retained-transfer-24182090

Man City released list:

Fernandinho

Mohammed Aminu

Jayden Braaf

Rowan McDonald

Kwaku Oduroh

Neil Mcnab

Hope theres no Chelsea type mistakes going, like the next KDB or Salah.

gavin

There's bound to be one eventually. Who knows even Sancho might find himself at a decent club yet.

Seriously, it is a difficult balance between giving players a chance at the right time and just playing youth for the sake of it. They really have to justify their place with performances. Players develop and it is very hard to keep late developers happy whilst they develop. There's going to be limits on loans which will make it even harder.

Regardless, losing both KDB and Salah is a bit careless and must be galling.

gavin

Raheem to Chelski for £60 million is the big story today. He's given us great service and to make a profit too would seem like a good deal. Personally, I'd miss him. He's much maligned by some but he showed that he still plays a key part in the final game of the season.

Neil Mcnab

Bernardos move to Barca is a step nearer. A massive loss if he does go, but he wants to go.

gavin

It would be a very big loss but I'm still hoping that he will see sense or that Barca simply can't afford him. He was one of our best players last season and would be very difficult to replace. There's not many in the world with his energy and even fewer who can ally it with such skill.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He's definitely worth £100 mil plus but if players want to leave then city don't seem to be the type to hold out for big money as other teams do.

Gareth

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on July 03, 2022, 22:40:48
He's definitely worth £100 mil plus but if players want to leave then city don't seem to be the type to hold out for big money as other teams do.

I can see the sense in letting players leave if that's what they want, but if they're still in contract and we're selling to a direct (Premier League) rival, I'd hope we wouldn't be selling cheap. Like, I really don't want to see City play a Chelsea team next season including Sterling, Ake, and Zinchenko and them thinking they got them cheap.

bbk

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on July 03, 2022, 22:40:48

If they want £60 odd for the dutch boy going to United, they cannot expect to pay less than £100 for Bernie. We should absolutely be holding out for market value. There may have been more to it, a significant human/personal aspect, but I feel they took the cnut with Torres.

gavin

Maybe a swap could be on the cards.

reddishblue

Gabby is gone and that makes me sad. However, he was replaced 6 months ago also potentially Sterling.

gavin

That goal at Southampton on the last day will always be a classic memory. Also plenty for Raheem..

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/manchester-city/12493446/sterlings-greatest-goals

Stephen Paul

Sterling gone

Good luck fella