News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Transfer thread

Started by lee, June 20, 2022, 12:43:30

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Might as well start off the gossip.

Rumours that we are heavily linked with Phillips at Leeds,Cucurella at Brighton and today Kieran Tierney at Arsenal..Tierney has always looked tidy to me but injured a lot.

Sounds like Jesus and Sterling are both on the way out.

gavin

Don't think that I'd want to lose both Sterling and Jesus. One or the other maybe. A left back and a defensive midfielder seem to be the main requirements. Work needs to be complete soon. Training must start in a couple of weeks now!

KunDB

Maybe making room for Alvarez?

lee

New left back and replacement for Fern for me.

Chelsea buzzing around Sterling and Laporte!! Also Silva to Barca as mentioned elsewhere..They will need a ton of cash for him.Cant let him go.

gavin

No fooking way can Laporte go. Ruben, Laporte, Stones, Ake. If one goes then we need to buy a centre half. Why would we create a new hole to fill?

KunDB

Sadly the club and clubs in general have little option but to let players go if they want and best that can be achieved is to get a good transfer fee.

Press is full of crap, so don't believe it. I can see Bernardo, Jesus & Raheem leaving but any more would be a massive overhaul of the squad. Bernardo because he wants out, he wants to go to Barca and they want and desperately need him. Sadly.

Stephen Paul

For me Bernie has been superb and needs to stay , plus he hates the dippers

Jesus and Sterling up the road

Neil Mcnab

Cucurella deal nearing completion.

lee

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on June 23, 2022, 22:04:58
Cucurella deal nearing completion.

He does look quite good from what i have seen.Looks like Zabba with hair!!

gavin

Quote from: lee on June 23, 2022, 22:45:22
He does look quite good from what i have seen.Looks like Zabba with hair!!

So not as good then

Neil Mcnab

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12639927/kalvin-phillips-man-city-agree-transfer-deal-to-sign-england-midfielder-from-leeds-united
Phillips deal agreed? Seems a decent price, a lot to live up to if comparing to Dinho. Darko Gyabi goes to Leeds as part of the deal.

KunDB

KP is a really good signing especially for the future.

Our transfer business is going really smoothly this year. I presume just Cucurella to come next week and all set for a good pre-season.

gavin

Another one with shite hair. We know how to pick them. Honestly, I've not paid much attention to him as a player and not noticed him stand out like Rice at West Ham. But he would have been double the money. I trust in Pep's judgement.

lee

Quote from: gavin on June 24, 2022, 21:27:32
Another one with shite hair. We know how to pick them. Honestly, I've not paid much attention to him as a player and not noticed him stand out like Rice at West Ham. But he would have been double the money. I trust in Pep's judgement.

Be like the hair bear bunch at City next season

Stephen Paul

Not so sure about him but in Pep we trust

Neil Mcnab

I hadnt thought of the hair aspect but with Cucurella, the hair bear bunch is apt, local barbers will be coining it in, or are they called tonsorial artists for the wealthy.

lee

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on June 25, 2022, 11:07:26
I hadnt thought of the hair aspect but with Cucurella, the hair bear bunch is apt, local barbers will be coining it in, or are they called tonsorial artists for the wealthy.
With Philips and Cucurella it will be.Lets hope Jack does not fancy the same doo.

KunDB

After Cucurella just one signing to complete. A  very critical and important one, an extension to Guardiola's contract.

lee

Jesus is now a gunner..45 million

gavin

City have just posted his highlights of the season

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/gabriel-jesus-best-of-2021-22-63791849

He had a very good season. Probably better on the wing than as a striker.

His best moment at City is the goal at Southampton to clinch 100 points. What a lovely finish that was.