News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Transfer thread

Started by lee, June 20, 2022, 12:43:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

lee

Ake to Chelsea seems to be next and Sterling seems to want to run his contract down.Lets see if City cash in on him.

Gareth

Seems like Spurs are about to shell out £50mil to Everton for  Richarlison - if that goes through and Sterling leaves City this window, I certainly hope we won't take any less than Richarlison's price tag, wherever he goes.

gavin

I know there's a lot of money in these transfers now but they seem to go at a glacial pace. Jesus still not officially at Arsenal.

lee

Phillips photographed in City gear as seen on twitter earlier.

gavin

Quote from: lee on July 01, 2022, 13:30:38
Phillips photographed in City gear as seen on twitter earlier.

That seems to be the new confirmation of signing. They're fitted and kitted before it is announced. Good luck to him.

Hesperus

Busy morning.

Jesus confirmed to Arse and Kalvin Phillips officially signed.

Hesperus

Good luck to Jesus. I was never sold on him as a striker but he always put the effort in.

Not sure on Phillips, we need a replacement for Dino but I've never been impressed with Phillips when I've watched him play. Seemed a bit slow to me. As with most new players under Pep. He'll need at least a season to settle so won't be judging him too soon. Good luck though Kalvin hope you do the business and win a few titles!

gavin

Phillips vid is due and is linked below.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/manchester-city/12643989/the-best-of-kalvin-phillips

Some good Fernandinho like stuff in there. Some lovely passes. No sign of the Rodri shots though.

bbk

I like the look of this guy. I think he could run Rodri close or play along side him. To me he seems a bit like Gundogan, with added defensive abilities. If we get the LB from Brighton, I think we've nailed this window.

lee

Quote from: bbk on July 05, 2022, 18:35:18
I like the look of this guy. I think he could run Rodri close or play along side him. To me he seems a bit like Gundogan, with added defensive abilities. If we get the LB from Brighton, I think we've nailed this window.

Agree...Cucurella will complete the hairbear bunch.

lee

Both Sterling and Ake on their way to Chelsea it seems.
I thought Ake was excellent last season when he stepped in.

bbk

Again, Ake strengthens Chelsea but doesn't weaken our first team. It does weaken the squad though and, unless we've a youngster capable of stepping in (which we really should), he will need replacing.

Stephen Paul

Other clubs must feel like they are pissing in the wind when they see our Financials...

The academy, depth of squad, depth of raw talent that is being fine tuned to first team standards, the multi club network, the scouting system...

And ofc never forgetting that every time they fill up with petrol or diesel or fly it adds to our resources...

KunDB

As it doesn't seem to be mentioned before I'll mention the rumour- Neymar to City. Trending on Twitter.

bbk

Trending on twitter / being regurgitated by imbeciles. No chance of Pep signing someone like Neymar.

KunDB

I cannot really see Neymar as industrious enough for a Pep City side.

It is incredible that having added Haaland and Philips and Alvarez and Stefan and strengthened our team we have about a £30 million pound profit from Ins and Outs this window to date. The academy is working a treat to help City achieve this.

lee

Ake staying put.
Happy about that.

Hesperus

Neymar rumours have to be 100% BS for sure.

Neil Mcnab

Neymar, must be PSG and maybe his agent promoting this. Yesterdays man who doesnt have the right attitude. Who would want the disruptive influence on the squad?  I am sure he will "honour" his contract with PSG.