News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Fee agreed for Zinchenko with Arsenal

Started by gavin, July 18, 2022, 21:44:59

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62216079

I'm a bit surprised to be honest and will be sorry to see him go. He's a good lad with a great attitude to football. He's done an excellent job for us over the years. Still, he's not a proper left back but even if we get one of those, as we have previously, he could end up being first choice again. He was awesome going forward when he came on in the last game too.

Gareth

Wasn't so long ago that we signed pretty much anyone who was on the way out at Arsenal. Seems like the roles have reversed.

jingoe

I think we will be a bit light at L back now. Can't help but think we have someone lined up. Unless we are banking on Mendy coming back!

lee

Quote from: jingoe on July 18, 2022, 23:14:48
I think we will be a bit light at L back now. Can't help but think we have someone lined up. Unless we are banking on Mendy coming back!

Marc Cucurella

KunDB

Zinchenko I loved because he never stop pied trying but he is right to go.
1. Because he deserves to play in midfield, which wouldn't be highly unlikely at City.

I wish him all the very best and appreciate everything he had done at City.

I think Brighton might be pricing out Marc Cucurella.

Stephen Paul

Good squad player like Zabaleta but we move on

bbk

Quote from: Gareth on July 18, 2022, 22:09:15
Wasn't so long ago that we signed pretty much anyone who was on the way out at Arsenal. Seems like the roles have reversed.

Hope it doesn't end as well for them!!

Sad to see Zinchenko go and even more annoyed I haven't got him in my fantasy football team.

Gareth

If Zinchenko wants to play regularly and in a more advanced position, Arsenal seems like an odd choice of team to go to. Their squad looks stuffed full of skilful attacking midfield players. Still, good luck to him, what a game he played against Villa!

lee

Quote from: bbk on July 19, 2022, 09:27:58
Hope it doesn't end as well for them!!

Sad to see Zinchenko go and even more annoyed I haven't got him in my fantasy football team.

still time

Victoria

I wish him well and hope the move works out for him.

KunDB

OS officially announced the transfer.

I wish him well, what a good buy he was for City and will be for Arsenal. First class bloke and player.

Zinchenko message to fans:

"Signing for Manchester City changed my life, and I will always be grateful for the opportunity they gave me," Zinchenko told Man City's website.

"It's a special club and this has been a special period. To have won 10 trophies is incredible and I am immensely proud of everything we have achieved together.

"I have loved being part of this squad. Playing alongside world-class players and working with Pep Guardiola has been an absolute privilege and I must say the same about playing in front of the fans, who always made me feel so at home here.

"I thank them all for the support they have given me, and I wish the club all the best in the future."

reddishblue

gavin

I feel more sad about this than Raheem or Jesus leaving. He showed such determination to make it at City and was still improving noticeably. Top man too.

gavin

5 days gone. I'm itching for us to bring in a left back already. Come on City.

reddishblue

We've not had a decent one since Kolarov.

gavin

Kolarov used to get a lot of stick as well.