News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Transfer thread

Started by lee, June 20, 2022, 12:43:30

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

We're stronger for me, much stronger up front. Bloody hope Bernard stays though.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on August 13, 2022, 22:07:55
We're stronger for me, much stronger up front. Bloody hope Bernard stays though.

I second that.

reddishblue

His after match reaction kind of said it. I too hope the fuck not.

KunDB

What was that the media 'expert' commentators were saying about Nunez being a better transfer than Haaland, after the Charity Shield?

Certainly very professional at head butting and getting red cards, if that's what they meant.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: KunDB on August 15, 2022, 22:00:22
What was that the media 'expert' commentators were saying about Nunez being a better transfer than Haaland, after the Charity Shield?

Certainly very professional at head butting and getting red cards, if that's what they meant.

That wasn't a headbutt apparently  ::)

Scousers calling out Anderson for doing what Robertson does every game  :D :D  Is there a bigger bunch of hypocrites than scousers?

bbk

Bernardo staying!, it seems!!!!  :cheerleader: :flagwaver:

gavin

I thought it was all over but there are links all over the place about us potentially singing a defender from Dortmund. With Laporte and Ake struggling with injury maybe we will swoop again.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12685382/manchester-city-in-talks-to-sign-borussia-dortmund-centre-back-manuel-akanji

KunDB

I can't see another CB being signed before the transfer window close by City. I'll be very surprised if this does happen. If it does I think it's intended to send a wake up call to our current sleepy defenders who have been pretty woeful of late. 

Hesperus

Akanji signed. 15 mill, 5 year deal. Seems like good business. Last year of his contract hence the fee. Quite quick apparently which is good.

All our CBs have regular  injury problems so good to get some more cover with the CL games coming up.

KunDB

Surprised as I am, because Pep likes a very small squad, I think it is a very good move. Our CBs need a shake up and a threat to their position could well provide that as well as providing good injury cover for them, as they have proved somewhat injury prone lately.

Neil Mcnab

5th choice CB, unless one is going soon?

gavin

If he does better than the others in training then he will soon be 1st choice. Look how quickly things have changed for Ake. He would have been let go in the summer if the price was right. Then he started the season and was in good form and was keeping his place in the side through it. Now injured yet again and out. I think him being injury prone is one of the reasons that we swooped. Along with Laporte still being out.

gavin

An excellent window I think. Well done City.

KunDB

On paper, it certainly does look like a very good transfer window for City.

On the pitch after just 5 games it looks even better than that.