News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Villa

Started by gavin, September 03, 2022, 16:32:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan (C), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Ake, Grealish, Alvarez, Gomez, Mahrez, Palmer, Lewis, Wilson-Esbrand

Shame to see Alvarez back on the bench. Good to see Grealish back on the bench. Good to see KDB start.

silvablue

Absolutely mind blowing every time I look at our first team selection and the bench.

C'mon City.

Stephen Paul

Great line up

Stevie G out

reddishblue

Kyle you massive dick, should have squared it to Bernard.

Stephen Paul

Time wasting wankers

gavin

First 15 wasn't so bad, it looked a matter of time. But we lost our threat and if we don't start quick second half then changes half to be made. Kyle in particular has had a bit of a stinker. He started by blasting it over when Erling was on and then hardly found a City player all half. But a lot of the forward players have struggled to make an impact. I'd be tempted to bring Alvarez on roving behind Haaland like against Forest.

reddishblue

Erling you arse, that just cost me a fiver. Get another 2 and you will be forgiven.

KunDB

Playing at 80% today, but still deadly when we explode into life.

Need a second just in case they get a lucky break.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Why the fuck didn't Diaz head back to Ederson in that build up??

KunDB

And as predicted it came to pass.

Bloody misfiring performance today.

gavin

That was garbage all round. Garbage from City, garbage from the ref and garbage time wasting from Villa.

Hesperus

Disappointing performance and result against a team in very poor form.

Kak.

KunDB

I like Mahrez as a person but boy he is more rubbish than magic on the field of play these days. Should have got that shot on target, nowhere near.

Foden should have shot instead of trying to find a surrounded Haaland.

Put Alvarez on instead of Mahrez.

One of those days. That said we definitely are nowhere near firing on all cylinders yet.

Hesperus

Foden has been very average so far this season. Good to see Grealish back on the bench today. He needs to start over Foden.

Stephen Paul

Very poor second half

reddishblue

At least we kept pace with the bin dippers.

gavin

Yeh, I was baffled when Mahrez came on and not Alvarez. We'd played too slow all match and Mahrez is the king of slow play. Alvarez behind Haaland would have caused many more problems by being direct and positive.

Neil Mcnab

Bad day at the office, we were poor. Move on and put it into the past.

KunDB

Despite the disappointing display and result we move a point behind PL leaders Arsenal.

gavin

Painful to be relying on the rags getting a result though isn't it.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on September 05, 2022, 21:35:48
Painful to be relying on the rags getting a result though isn't it.

Give them a break, all the pain and suffering and soul searching they have been through recently. Reflecting on all the taunts and abuses they threw at City which they now know (deep down) applies more so to them now (pouring avalanches of money out to win the PL & failing ever so miserably).

Even after 4 wins in a row, frightened to believe. The poor wee things.