News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

VAR

Started by Stephen Paul, October 29, 2022, 07:59:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

For it or against it ?

It's getting to the stage a fan can't celebrate a goal until checks are completed

Bit of a pain when they actually get decisions wrong

gavin

It should be got rid of. It's not making decisions any less contentious and is ruining the flow of the game. It has been a disaster. I hate it.

lee

The scousers game against Brighton when they clawed one back at 2-0 down was offside.I think it was Firmingo or whatever the fuck he's called was off.VAR gave it the thumbs up.It stinks and full of human error(or corruption)

Stephen Paul

It has to be corrupt

Fucking camera angles everywhere and they still get it wrong

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Get rid of it. We all wanted it, it's shit, get rid of it.

Atleast fans will be a bit more sympathetic towards the refs, you'd think so anyway.

gavin

I was convinced that it was a penalty for Fulham for a foul on Willian against Everton and nothing given. I don't see what it is bringing to the game at all. It is a much worse game with VAR. Worse at the ground and worse on telly. If we ever get relegated again, not having to put up with VAR would be a big compensation.

silvablue

The City VAR penalty against Brighton last week, I waited and waited at the ground for a decision to be displayed on the screen then give up after a very long wait and it was a good while after before the ref was asked to go to the touchline monitor.

It is ridiculous, plus the managed to miss the first penalty on review when Haaland was brought down.

It needs speed and common sense injected into its use. Otherwise it is killing the enjoyment of the game and I was a supporter of it being introduced.