News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Borussia Dortmund CL

Started by KunDB, September 14, 2022, 19:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting Manchester City XI (4-3-3): Ederson; Stones, Ajanki, Dias, Cancelo; Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Haaland, Grealish.

C'mon City

Stephen Paul

gavin

Pep up to his old tricks. Foden looked back to form last week and then back on the bench

Offical Site has the lineup as below

CITY XI: Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Akanji, Aké, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez

Subs: Ortega, Carson, Dias, Phillips, Alvarez, Bernardo Silva, Gómez, Foden, Palmer, Lewis, Wilson Esbrand

Bit surprised myself that it is Ake not Dias

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

gavin

We're looking subdued. Jack and Riyad are looking too slow and predictable. KDB has done some good stuff but has not been up to his usual standards.

lee

Mahrez crap

Get Alvarez or Berny on and inject some pace and energy and Phil on the other side at some point.

Hesperus

That was inevitable. Poor team selection this from Pep. Just surprised (but glad) he's made some subs.

KunDB

What a, what a, what a player. I'm breathless watching him flying in the air.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

That was fekin frustrating!! But two amazing goals. What can you say!?

gavin

Stonesy smashed that in. I love to see a centre half hit a cracker. Then what a ball and finish for the winner. There's not many full backs in the world that could hit that ball and there's not many strikers that could score like that. Incredible goal. Not a great performance but great goals and a great win in the end.

KunDB

Important win tonight which for the vast majority of the game looked hugely unlikely.

Back to back home then away fixtures against FC Copenhagen next and 4 points from those games should see us safely qualified for the next stage. Therefore able to rest key players for the latter CL games, a big plus in a very busy season.

Stephen Paul

An important win ,starting to look at the next stage

bbk

Very poor yesterday.

I don't think we have been very good this season, we have lost something I cannot quite fathom, and am concerned at what will happen when we play a top/half decent side. 

Grealish isn't going to cut it at City. I want him to, he just isn't.

KunDB

Yes I'm rooting for Jack as well but he just is not performing. Very poor last night, as was Mahrez on the other flank. Kept wasting his created space and his shooting is just awful this season.

Mahrez should definitely be second choice at best behind Haaland for penalty taking but I fear he isn't.

lee

Quote from: bbk on September 15, 2022, 06:56:41

Grealish isn't going to cut it at City. I want him to, he just isn't.

I want him so badly to do well but it not happening.i would even try him in the middle of the park just to see what he's like.

bbk

Who we moving to play him centrally?

Not since Foden have I so badly wanted someone to be brilliant. You can't have it all, I guess.

Hesperus

I think Pep will be concerned we have gone behind so often recently. Fortunately Haarland has been amazing but why we go behind so often will be a worry to Pep. We may not get away with it in big games.

gavin

Yep, we have to stop conceding so much even if it does make for exciting comebacks.

Neil Mcnab

Akanji was asleep for their goal, so was Haaland, but he isnt a CB. Confidence/psychology is massive. Grealish is a very good player whose confidence is on the deck. He might not make it with us. We all hope he can turn it around. The price tag doesnt help, but he had no part of that. Mahrez, never been keen on, one trick pony. We won!