News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Manuel Pellegrini

Started by Stephen Paul, April 30, 2015, 06:29:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep him another year and let him build his team over the summer

Yes
4 (28.6%)
No
4 (28.6%)
Maybe
4 (28.6%)
He should go now
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Stephen Paul

I think we should hang on to him for a bit of stability
Finishing possibly second is not a disaster when you look at the likes of Liverpool and spurs falling flat

Leewonpen

There's no doubt it has been a poor defence of the title. More worrying is the failure to learn from mistakes and the pedestrian style of football seen this season. However the key question for me is who would replace him? The media seem to think that the hierarchy want Pep but, he seems unlikely to leave Bayern this summer. A temporary replacement in the (risky) hope that Pep will join next summer seems nonsensical, likewise an unproven Vieira..........if Pellegrini does stay I have long thought that Vieira should be promoted to work alongside him - a bit of succession planning?

Stephen Paul

Actually would be good to see Vieira along side him

Gareth

Normally I go with the stability view when it comes to managerial musical chairs, but I was so pissed off with abject performances and then getting overtaken by the obviously inferior squad under Van Gaal that I wouldn't've been sorry to see Pellegrini go there and then. But I could go for the idea of promoting Vieira and seeing how that works...

goat

get rid only if a better option is available and willing to come. bollocks to this waiting for pep shit

KunDB

Quote from: goat on April 30, 2015, 18:13:13
get rid only if a better option is available and willing to come. bollocks to this waiting for pep shit

Exactly my view. No panic act only if a better option is available like Jurgen Klopp, too early for Vieira.

goat

how often have we got rid and ended up with the same bloke with slightly different hair

and is pep really that good? barcelona and bayern both with squads at their peak in leagues its harder to lose. safe to see he has not had a go at building a squad yet...and that what we need done

gavin

Maybe? Surely everyone should have a definite opinion on this! He should go.

Swiss

It's not where we are in the league, it's the fact it's the style of football and the lack of defence.

We only have one forward worth his salt (jury still out on Bony, wherever he is).
Our midfield just surrender and our Defence is all over the place.
I just don't like Pelle's vision of how a team should be set up to play.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: goat on April 30, 2015, 18:13:13
+2
Klopp looks like he could be favourite. He would be a good choice in my opinion.
Benitez is also available, a lot of bin dippers still think his shit doesnt stink. Just doesnt seem right to me.

Guardiola, real good point. my guess is the reason Burgerstain hasnt got the bullet is the misplaced belief he and Soriano can serve up Pep to us.They werent at Munich were they, he went there. If and when he moves it will be to the club where he wants to go, not because two of his mates from Barca are at that club.

zacc

Not sure I want a manager can't even work out his trousers are too tight!! ::)

Tricky Trev

If the best argument for him staying is stability then you know you have a shit case. Get rid, yesterday.

clevblue

Quote from: zacc on April 30, 2015, 23:27:12
Not sure I want a manager can't even work out his trousers are too tight!! ::)

:D

nimrod

Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 01, 2015, 04:09:43
If the best argument for him staying is stability then you know you have a shit case. Get rid, yesterday.

Yeah Trev

I think we need someone who can build a defence, as, besides the 'cant be arsed to run' players, its this that lets us down, my choice would be Ancelloti or even Rafa (tin hat on) :o

I agree with goat, we dont really know how good Pep is...massive risk

Lekos

Look who's back!  Hello Kev! 

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on May 01, 2015, 08:12:14
Look who's back!  Hello Kev!

G'day mate

Howya goin?

gavin

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on May 01, 2015, 07:27:59

Yeah Trev

I think we need someone who can build a defence, as, besides the 'cant be arsed to run' players, its this that lets us down, my choice would be Ancelloti or even Rafa (tin hat on) :o

The only risk I see with Pep is the questions over why he quit Barce. I like how he sets his teams out to press high and for 90 minutes, how he likes a passing game with high intensity and that he's also as big a name in management as Moanrinho & Fergie... Though Ancelotti would also fit for me too :D

goat

few years ago pep said he didnt want to manage for long, maybe 5 years and then quit...how long has he been managing so far , twot

Swiss

Not that I'm disagreeing with you on his mindset being questionable... but it's not like anyone has changed their mind before...

goat

true, but when you say it for a load of journos and tv types it looks a lot more shit than telling your mates down the pub and hes won everything there is already with barca

he is the manic street preachers of managers

Swiss

As long as he's not the Morrissey of managers I'll be happy!

goat

he would look flash with flowers up his arse on the touchline

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on May 01, 2015, 21:05:03
Quote from: nimrod on May 01, 2015, 07:27:59

Yeah Trev

The only risk I see with Pep is the questions over why he quit Barce. I like how he sets his teams out to press high and for 90 minutes, how he likes a passing game with high intensity and that he's also as big a name in management as Moanrinho & Fergie... Though Ancelotti would also fit for me too :D

Pep could be great of course

But untested in the prem, unlike the other 2 I mentioned, Id just feel nervous about him and I dont warm to the guy, the chavs shit all over rafa (club & fans) so he has a massive point to prove, but prefer Ancelotti, hope Real give him the boot

Cheers Gav.

goat

i dont see untested in premier as a thing, mourinho, benitez and ancelotti were all untested in the premier before they turned up. even pelle won it first go

zacc

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 01, 2015, 23:35:46
i dont see untested in premier as a thing, mourinho, benitez and ancelotti were all untested in the premier before they turned up. even pelle won it first go

yeah, fair comment, and you forgot Mancini........... who won 3 things   :D

Hey zacco x

goat

oh right

he did play over here  tho

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 02, 2015, 00:05:48
oh right

aye played with Savage ?

Lekos

goat

Quote from: nimrod on May 02, 2015, 00:18:07
Quote from: goat on May 02, 2015, 00:05:48
oh right

aye played with Savage ?

aye, savage acts likes hes his best mate ever

93:2012

Pellegrini should go. Has got so much wrong hard to see him correcting his errors which are engrained in him now as a manager.

Transfers, tactics, defence, motivation, ...........

Ancelotti would be great got the experience and player fear factor that Pelle lacks, Pep would be great but aint coming, Klopp a bit of a punt which might pay big time or flopp.

Swiss

Would be interesting to hear the views of the people who said keep him? Speak up with out fear of reproach! Can't speak for the ejits though :D

Hesperus

He sticks by his style of football which imo doesn't suit the prem. last week we surrendered 52% possession at home, to Villa. I do not want to watch that type of football.

Embarrassing defeats to Arsenal and the Rags. Out of both cups in the early rounds to inferior opponents, strange team selections and unwarranted rotations, stuttering form all season, a distinct lack of effort and passion in the teams performances. A total lack or charisma or personality during interviews.  Pay 28 mil for a striker in Jan who has barely played.  Lost ground on Chelsea and potentially Arsenal and the rags. Bar one champs league performance we played very poorly and were fortunate to make the knockout stages.

I think we should keep him.

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on May 02, 2015, 10:16:27
Would be interesting to hear the views of the people who said keep him? Speak up with out fear of reproach! Can't speak for the ejits though :D

I can see why many would want to keep him, especially for continuity, but also given his success last season. So I see no reason why anyone should be afraid to speak up in his favour.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on May 02, 2015, 12:58:32
Quote from: Swiss on May 02, 2015, 10:16:27

I can see why many would want to keep him, especially for continuity, but also given his success last season. So I see no reason why anyone should be afraid to speak up in his favour.

Terrible buys
Tunnel vision
No charisma
Incapable of putting any sort of defence together
lousy hair

KK without the likeability factor

Stephen Paul

Think he might be staying

City Slicker

I think Pep will land at City this Summer as i have the feeling Klopp is taking over at Bayern? Just my opinion

nimrod

Quote from: stephenmcfc on May 04, 2015, 16:06:05
Think he might be staying

If this is true expect a full on return return to the days of 'typical city'

those halycon days when we could beat the rags 5 -1 only to fail at every hurdle that mattered for the rest of the uneventful and frustratingly miserable season

will he 'engineer' a way to stop the mighty Burnley pissing all over us?

Leewonpen

Quote from: City Slicker on May 04, 2015, 21:46:03
I think Pep will land at City this Summer as i have the feeling Klopp is taking over at Bayern? Just my opinion

Based on no knowledge whatsoever, I would be surprised if we ever see Pep at City. If we do, it will be for him to deliver some instant success, stay for 2/3 years and move on to the next interesting challenge.
IMO I think if we are ever to see youngsters brought through consistently it will only be under a manager who knows he is there for the longer term.

clevblue

interesting post from bluesky on Mancityblues after Spuds game, just thought I'd share it

""Definitely a good 3 points there especially with another 2 stonewall penalties missed by the officials. Add those to the 3 against United, 2 against Hull and one each against Palace, Southampton and Villa and that's a lot of shit penalty decisions gone against City this season.

Strange how Kane (and Costa) were both shortlisted for the Player of the Year award while Sergio didn't despite being the PL's leading scorer (unlike last season when the top scorer won it). He didn't even make the PL team of the season.

On the same theme, no doubt Mourinho will win the PL Manager of the Year award for winning the PL and League Cup. Strange then that Pellegrini didn't get the award last season for the same achievement in his first season in English football. The again, in the 23 years of the award so far only 4 times has the PL winning manager not won the award - the last twice being City managers""

bry the guy

No one likes us do we care?

Tricky Trev

I'm sorry but that just sounds bitter and pitiful. We've had plenty of decisions go our way. It's actually a bit surprising city has gathered this many points when you look at the quality of football. And sometimes the ref have gifted us points.

nimrod

Quote from: clevblue on May 05, 2015, 18:53:13
interesting post from bluesky on Mancityblues after Spuds game, just thought I'd share it

""Definitely a good 3 points there especially with another 2 stonewall penalties missed by the officials. Add those to the 3 against United, 2 against Hull and one each against Palace, Southampton and Villa and that's a lot of shit penalty decisions gone against City this season.

Strange how Kane (and Costa) were both shortlisted for the Player of the Year award while Sergio didn't despite being the PL's leading scorer (unlike last season when the top scorer won it). He didn't even make the PL team of the season.

On the same theme, no doubt Mourinho will win the PL Manager of the Year award for winning the PL and League Cup. Strange then that Pellegrini didn't get the award last season for the same achievement in his first season in English football. The again, in the 23 years of the award so far only 4 times has the PL winning manager not won the award - the last twice being City managers""

Haha who cares?

I suppose Liverpool fans might if it were them  :D

clevblue

""Did Sergio Aguero feel slighted after being overlooked by his fellow professionals for consideration for Player of the Year?

Who knows, but his performance in Manchester City’s 1-0 victory over Tottenham this past Sunday at the very least served as a reminder to those who did not include him on their ballot as to the unquestioned talent he possesses.

The game at White Hart Lane pitted Aguero against Harry Kane; the rising star and sensation of the 2014/15 season. Kane of course beat out Aguero on both the final shortlist and selection to the best XI of the season and whilst both will surely be the 1-2 in terms of Premier League top scorer, Aguero now looks the one most likely to be hoisting that particular award."" metro news

Swiss

Isn't player of the season decided between January to December or some shiz like that?

City Slicker

Quote from: City Slicker on May 04, 2015, 21:46:03

Nearly halfway there!  ;)