News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The world Cup

Started by Stephen Paul, November 03, 2022, 09:46:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Players get injured now and they are out of the World Cup

Some players will not risk in and put low key performances this weekend

I find disgusting the Qatar has lined Fifas pockets to host this tournament half way through the season

gavin

I have no interest in it. If players don't show full commitment to City matches then they should be shown the door. I doubt Pep would stand for it.

jingoe

I really hope that Phillips and Walker don't get picked having been absent for weeks. They surely won't be anywhere near match fit

bbk

The whole thing is vile. I'm starting to feel morally opposed to it (self righteous wanker I am) but will probably be drawn to the latter rounds, much like I am with Love Island. I hope Argentina win it.

Stephen Paul

lee

Italy for me.....oh wait!

Stephen Paul

At least Haaland will be ready for the Xmas goal feast

Stephen Paul

And so the circus begins

England should be home pretty quickly with Soutgate banking on Maguire who isn't even in the starting 11 for the rags these days

But sure Southgate knows best

KunDB

Quote from: bbk on November 04, 2022, 06:59:38
The whole thing is vile. I'm starting to feel morally opposed to it (self righteous wanker I am) but will probably be drawn to the latter rounds, much like I am with Love Island. I hope Argentina win it.

That's perfectly sums up my feelings, apart from Love Island and Argentina winning.

I suspect a non European winner given the adverse heat conditions so I will punt on a win for:

Brazil.

Stephen Paul

Brazil will definitely be up there

Awesome squad of players

Stephen Paul

Maguire will be the downfall of Southgate

Neil Mcnab

Wrong place, wrong time.

Stephen Paul

you could not write this shit 

Stephen Paul

Southgate is our super coach  :D

Stephen Paul

its all going wrong already at qatar and will only get worse

This WC will be remembered for all the wrong reasons
Fifa are greedy bastards 

Neil Mcnab

Infantile Infantino made a complete feck up of hosting the world cup in Qatar even worse. These people are detached from reality.

Victoria

Didn't take long for VAR to spoil things! I don't see any women in the Qatar fan sections. Misogynist backward arse country. Prime example of FIFA's corruption holding the tournament in an oil rich country that is detached from western values.
No booze too.which  makes things worse as FIFA have sponsors from the brewing industry.

gavin

My sister in law and her daughter were there with my brother so there were women and girls present in the crowd. Not that I'd defend Qatar or Infantino though he does have a point about the West being hypocrites.

Victoria

Gavin, I did not say there were no women in the stadium. I saw plenty in and around the Equadore supporters. When the camera showed other sections of the crowed mainly Qatar fans there were none. Other than that I have no interest in Qatar or this competition.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Victoria on November 20, 2022, 16:40:24
Didn't take long for VAR to spoil things! I don't see any women in the Qatar fan sections. Misogynist backward arse country. Prime example of FIFA's corruption holding the tournament in an oil rich country that is detached from western values.
No booze too.which  makes things worse as FIFA have sponsors from the brewing industry.

Have you been there?  Also, name a recent world cup where bribery wasn't involved.

bbk

I challenge anyone to proffer an example of something more backward that Sterling starting ahead of Foden. Bloody 'ell fire!!

bbk

Need to retract this. Sterling has played very well.

Stephen Paul

Saudia Arabia has announced a public holiday tomorrow after beating Argentina

working here at the moment so I hope they go all the way 

gavin

We only get one in England when an old trout dies.

Stephen Paul

Why Foden isn't starting in these games is beyond me

Victoria

Obviously Mason Mount is higher thought of than Folden by Southgate.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Stephen Paul on November 26, 2022, 03:52:18
Why Foden isn't starting in these games is beyond me
Its because Southgate is a muppet. Whenever Southgate says we lacked quality, he only need look in the mirror to find where that is.

lee

Alvarez looked superb tonight.

Stephen Paul

Didier Drogba : "If I am an English FA president. I am calling Southgate straight away, asking: " Have you ever seen Argentina not using Messi?, Portugal not using Cristiano, France not using Mbappe or Brazil not using Neymar? Except when they are injured?... Why would you keep our best complete lad on Bench  [Foden]. In Argentina tomorrow you would wake up on News that the coach is leaving Qatar for not using Messi and his assistant will carry on. Football is not a picnic in South America, their Football Federations does not make friends with Coaches, they Sack you . That boy has proven many times that he can add a spark where there is none. He is scoring goals and creating assist for Manchester City. Truly Maddison was right when he said "because he was on form and not a Defender, that's why Southgate was overlooking him ". Southgate is not ready to use on form players "

lee

Spot on Drogba.
Maguire cant get a kick for the rags and in form Ben White sits it out in Southgates team.
Mason Mount is piss poor also yet gets in his team.
Hope Wales beat them.

Stephen Paul

it's clear Southgate has loyalty to certain players, and this will get him the sack

Stephen Paul

Foden on his current form would start for any other international team in the world apart from England

Bizarre

gavin

Belgium OUT. KDB gets a rest and will hopefully come back with the bit between his teeth. I'm sure that he's disappointed but good news for City I think.

jingoe

I totally agree, Gavin.I was willing Belgium not to score in the last 10 mins there! Hopefully Gundo will go the same way later - back home for a rest!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Belgium wise though, Martinez has just resigned.

It baffles me how he's kept that job for so long and why he wasn't sacked long ago. Any half decent manager would have done a lot better with that squad but they have probably missed their chance to succeed with their golden generation.

But yes, have a rest with Erling and Gunda for Kev!

KunDB

Matinez proved his usefulness was practically non existent managing Everton. How he was then given and kept the Belgium job is beyond.

Give a tactical void some of the worlds best players and a shambles follows, as it did with Martinez.

Yes a big bonus KDB gets a bit of a rest, though regret he will not get the World Cup he deserved.

gavin

Yes, now Gundo gets a rest too. The team v the Scousers in the Carabao is taking shape.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on December 01, 2022, 19:39:50
Matinez proved his usefulness was practically non existent managing Everton. How he was then given and kept the Belgium job is beyond.

Thought Martinez would be sacked by now
Give a tactical void some of the worlds best players and a shambles follows, as it did with Martinez.

Yes a big bonus KDB gets a bit of a rest, though regret he will not get the World Cup he deserved.

Stephen Paul

Martinez has turned Belgium into Everton

Stephen Paul

City players in the World Cup Round of 16:

🇦🇷 Álvarez
🇧🇷 Ederson
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Foden, Grealish, Phillips, Stones, Walker
🇳🇱 Aké
🇵🇹 Cancelo, Dias, Silva
🇪🇸 Laporte, Rodri
🇨🇭 Akanji

Not bad.

gavin

Phil played a key part in all three England goals whilst he was on the pitch. He created all the space for the first and then laid on the second and third. Top notch.

KunDB

Good night for Phil and being subbed for once was a good sign; hopefully being rested for the quarter final game against France.

Stephen Paul

The Japs fighting hard but up against it

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Another couple of players back early

Good night Spain

gavin

Looks like Portugal going through though.

Stephen Paul

Portugal looking good without Tranny

gavin

It'll be great to get the thing over with and get on with the proper football again. Only a couple of weeks to go now. Just like a standard shitty international break.

reddishblue

Stephen Paul

The games are decent now
The chicken dancers out

gavin

Pep's favourite ref - Lahoz - for the Argentina game and he has been absolutely abysmal. It is astonishing that he keeps getting big games. Though it probably shouldn't be given the standard of UEFA and FIFA,

KunDB

The red tonight was a total joke but no doubt FIFA think he's brilliant.

Stephen Paul

Van Dick is a big wanker

Stephen Paul

Cancelo,Dias and Silva on their way back

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Jordan Henderson is the absolute fuckin GOAT!!!!

Only joking. Cannot see what he contributes to ingurlund or the dippers. It made me chuckle that everyone was praising him for scoring against the mighty Senegal which Victoria could have scored wearing her big foot heals.

Ah well, who gives a shit.

gavin

Only Julian left standing. Hopefully, the rest should be ready for Leeds. 10 or 11 days off then a weeks training. Stones looked to be walking okay. Kane took his second penalty like a City player. It reminded me of Mahrez at Anfield.

Stephen Paul

back rested and ready for the xmas onslaught

Good luck the Argies

Stephen Paul

Morocco could be the dark horse here

Neil Mcnab

Surprised by England, in a good way. Get back and the feet up, come on Rr-gen-tina!

Stephen Paul

gavin

I think that he's probably okay. He was walking well after being subbed.

gavin

Alvarez making a big impression in this Semi. Some total shite being spoken in the ITV studio as usual.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Argies looking very good indeed.

Stephen Paul

Big final coming up for Argentina and good luck to them

Stephen Paul

Hope our Blue scores in the final

jingoe

Is there anything more pointless in life than a 3rd place play-off?

reddishblue

Stephen Paul

Quote from: jingoe on December 14, 2022, 20:57:12
Is there anything more pointless in life than a 3rd place play-off?
alcohol free beer 

Stephen Paul

Neil Mcnab

It was a superb game, no doubts about who is better between Messi and Ronaldo now. 

gavin

I'm delighted for Nico and Julian. Poor old Nico always seems to get slated for his errors but he's got a lot of medals including a World Cup one now. Hopefully, the start of a big collection for Julian.

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 18, 2022, 18:29:23
It was a superb game, no doubts about who is better between Messi and Ronaldo now.

No doubt whatsoever and I guess Ronnie will be over the moon 🌚 Messi has win a World Cup cementing his legendary status.

Gareth

Nice to see Sergio Aguero there for the celebrations

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Gareth on December 19, 2022, 08:27:50
Nice to see Sergio Aguero there for the celebrations

brilliant

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He's been on as a coach which I only just found out!! Means he gets a medal n all.

bbk

Delighted for Ota.

Pep needs to find a regular place for our Julian. If we can get him and Haaland working well together we'd take a lot of stopping.

gavin

It is interesting to note that most of our players play a lot better when they play for City. I'd back City to beat either France or Argentina.

bbk

Easily. I'd back England to beat both of them 8 times out of 10.

gavin

I wouldn't. England are shite.