News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Spuds

Started by gavin, February 05, 2023, 15:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Lewis, Walker (C), Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Dias, Phillips, Gundogan, Laporte, De Bruyne, Gomez, Perrone, Palmer

A strange team. I'm surprised. Pep knows best - hopefully.

Stephen Paul

strange no Gundogan or KDB in the first 11

bbk

I get KdB being out but I'm surprised Gundo isn't in there. Delighted to see Alvarez in there.

Stephen Paul

cant see how we can leave out Foden,Gundo and KDB in such an important fixture

prove me wrong Pep

Stephen Paul

another woeful start
WTF is going on

Hesperus

Another self inflicted goal conceded.

Out back four are poor. We should not be in the position given the resources we have.

Hesperus

Not playing Haarland through again despite him making great runs.

KunDB

The best I can say is we are struggling to be second best.

Stephen Paul

piss poor
surely a couple of changes

lee

Quote from: Hesperus on February 05, 2023, 17:03:25
Not playing Haarland through again despite him making great runs.

Noticed it..Been happening a while now

gavin

We started well and were dominating the game. But then we just gifted them a goal again. We were dominating again towards the end and Mahrez was so close. I didn't think it was too bad a half apart from giving the ball away too much again.

Stephen Paul

67 % possession and three attempts on goal   

KunDB

No matter how often we play Spurs we seem totally unaware they hit fast on the break.

KunDB

Pretty ineffectual football by City. Sideward, slow and no decent chances created.

Hesperus

Dross.

We've gone backwards this season, Badly. Slow play, poor team selections dodgy tactics.

Realistically FA cup is our best chance of a trophy this season. Our team is just not strong enough for the CL and we're making an awful mess of the PL.

Stephen Paul

we are definitely on a poor run of form

No real bite in the team at all , big Haaland getting no service , fuckin Ederson had more touches ffs 

lee

jingoe

Looked more threatening when Kev came on so why didn't he start? Spuds must have been delighted when the team sheets were handed in

Stephen Paul

Quote from: jingoe on February 05, 2023, 18:36:14
Looked more threatening when Kev came on so why didn't he start? Spuds must have been delighted when the team sheets were handed in
its beyond me
Either Gundo or Kev have to start

Neil Mcnab

Poor performance. The lad they pushed over to left wing had the beating of Walker for pace. We were slow all over the pitch. Play like that and we are playing for the top 4 only. Hopefully we can quickly turn it round. Grealish is doing his part both in attack and defence. I was thinking we lack pace upfront, but Haaland is no slouch, of course if we cant find him..

gavin

A poor performance in the end. Disappointing again. As for not being strong enough to win the Chumps, I disagree with that. Chelsea have won it when they have been very poor in the league. It is a cup competition and we are good enough to beat anyone on our day or couple of days over two legs. Much better than Chelsea on both occasions that they won it. Regardless, it will be disappointing to lose the league with a whimper. We have to beat Aston Villa and Arsenal to have a decent chance.

Stephen Paul

The team looks flat and out of ideas
Hopefully Pep can regroup and push on