News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dementia

Started by reddishblue, February 24, 2023, 22:14:52

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

reddishblue

The short term memory is getting even shorter than it used to be and I'm not arsed about anything anymore, should I seek help?

Stephen Paul

Sorry to hear about your dementia...
But do you have that 10 grand you owe me?

reddishblue

Sorry, meant to get back to you earlier but I forgot.

Now what is it you want?

reddishblue

Anyone know why I'm in the kitchen?

Joking apart dealing with someone falling apart must be hell so have decided to lose the plot first.

gavin

I reckon I'm just about as forgetful as I always have been but it is hard to remember

reddishblue

i can't remember what i want to remember. I therefore try to jot things down on a pad but can never find a pen. Then when I eventually find the pen, I can't find the pad.

reddishblue

I need to find the philosophy thread as I have something to say. Anyone know where it is?

gavin

Rowley Birkin QC

As I've got older I increasingly struggle with peoples' names. Work colleagues especially: people I've worked with for years in some cases (although I might only see them a week here, or a month there, as I move between different projects) who I bump into and my mind goes completely blank. Know the face - can't for the life of me remember your name.

It's really embarrassing - because they all know who I am!

gavin

I've always been shit with remembering names and always needed a piss in the middle of the night. Age doesn't worry me.