News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

away @ Crystal Palace

Started by KunDB, March 11, 2023, 16:35:27

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Stones, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Gundogan (C), Foden, Grealish, Haaland

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Walker, Phillips, Laporte, De Bruyne, Alvarez, Mahrez, Palmer, Lewis

KdB on bench, Walker on the bench, Mahrez oon bench, Laporte and Lewis on bench, Alvarez and Phillips on bench - what a bench!

Good strong team. I assume it will be Dias and Stones in the middle.

C'mon City

gavin

I hope that having KDB on the bench goes better than it did against Spurs. Okay, he was poor last week by his standards but I always prefer to see him starting. Interesting that Stones looks to be at right back. I don't think Ake or Stones will be going into midfield so much and we nearly always seem to play at least one defender that does now. There could be a change of approach then.

KunDB

I think you are right Stones will be on the right given the strong partnership Dias and Akanji seem to have developed in recent weeks. Ake has become more attacking in recent games, even playing 1 2's around the opposition box and even putting in crosses. So I suspect he will be the one going forward for us from the back into midfield.

Palace have been a bit toothless recently so I expect that they will somehow manage to find the net against us, so we will need to be sharp in front of goal. 

Stephen Paul

Mon Blues
keep the pressure on

Stephen Paul

Jack playing well again, becoming consistent

Stephen Paul

bloody draw written all over this game

gavin

Stones has spent more time in midfield. A poor first half, particularly from Phil and Erling. We started well enough but then haven't put them under nearly enough pressure. Jack has been our best player so far going forward. We need to get him the ball.

Stephen Paul

Mahrez and KDB on
Foden and Silva off

Possibly Alverez for Haaland 

KunDB

Keep Foden on just starting to fire. We need to take our chances against a defensive team as CP are.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Jack must be the most fouled player in the PL

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Not a great day at the office but still grabbed the the points we needed to keep pressure on Arsenal.

Neil Mcnab

That was hard work. Ederson needed a deck chair. Alvarez looked really sharp when he came on, but its easier fresh against tiring defenders. Him and Haaland should have scored, in addition to the pen. 3 points and move onto the chumps.

KunDB

I rarely feel the need to do this but refereeing has been so awful this year in general, I want to give a pat on the back to todays referee for having a great game. Well done Robert Jones & Co.   

reddishblue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on March 11, 2023, 19:24:20
Jack must be the most fouled player in the PL

Zaha a close second...

gavin

I thought the ref was garbage again myself. Foul after foul after foul from Palace and he booked as many of ours over the 90 minutes. They just do not control persistent fouling at all. Why is a team going to stop it if they just get away with it. It is the same in every match. They foul Jack all game and nowt happens to them.

It was a frustrating game to watch but we got the win. Not one I will remember beyond next week I expect. Haaland missed a sitter with foot and head but thankfully he made no mistake with the penalty. Alvarez also muffed one after a beautiful turn. Hey ho, three fucking points. Come on Fulham.

Stephen Paul

at good three points as its difficult place to go

pressure back on the Gooners

KunDB

The referee let go the lesser fouls, yes there were plenty of them, and booked the more obvious bad fouls. 2 bookings each team, it's deserved. Let the game flow in my opinion which CP tried hard to disrupt.

bbk

Tough watch. Haaland simply cannot be missing both of those chances.