News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Brentford

Started by gavin, May 28, 2023, 15:41:45

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

A mixed side again

XI | Ederson, Walker (C), Ake, Laporte, Gomez, Lewis, Phillips, Palmer, Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Stones, Gundogan, Haaland, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Charles, Robertson, Knight

KunDB

Loads of rested players as expected but should still win.   C'mon City

Stephen Paul

Ake is becoming one of our best players

Stephen Paul

Brentford are a decent side

gavin

Fairly shit first half really. We're not getting much out of this.

lee

Needed a brew to stop me nodding off

Stephen Paul

as it stands at Half time Everton are down

Stephen Paul

and fat Sam down , easy money

KunDB

Not a meaningful match but still should not have lost it.

Stephen Paul

meaningless game and the squad fresh for next week

gavin

Well Pep wanted to maintain rhythm, that is that fucked. Then he says we've four players - Kev, Jack, Dias and Manuel not fit. All of a sudden it is not looking good. We need at least Kev and one of the defenders fit.

KunDB

In fairness I think the injuries are minor or more spin than substance.

jingoe

PL rules stipulate that you must play your strongest side - to protect the integrity of the competition. In other words you can't say I'm playing the youth team today as the FA cup is more important next week. If, however,  some players have 'niggles' it is sufficient to not have them in the squad. Hopefully we will have a fully fit bunch ready to go for the next two monumental games. If we win the treble I will have no issues if the Lord takes me the following day !

Stephen Paul

to be fair the two Madrid games and Everton in between were tough for the players and now we have time to prepare for the two cup finals

Neil Mcnab

Hope those who were injured have had the magic sponge treatment and are now fully "recovered."