News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v QPR (ah memories)

Started by 93:2012, May 10, 2015, 12:32:28

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Starters

Hart,

Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov,

Fernando, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Silva,

Aguero

Subs
Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Toure, Navas, Dzeko, Bony

C'mon City lets get second spot or at least secure third place and finish above the scum.

No VK or Yaya starting today, on subs bench.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Still a strong side. WO dear what the crack is with Yaya. Maybe leave him on the bench until the dying seconds of the Southampton game then bring him on to say bye.

Rowley Birkin QC

The "Classic Match" on TV here before the QPR game is the 6-1 at the swamp. Quite enjoying this!  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

...and I'd forgotten the important role Milner played in the first three goals.

Rowley Birkin QC

QPR playing in our classic away strip - I'm confused!

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Huge cheer all round for Dunnie Monster when he out dribbled Silva  :D

nimrod

qpr free kick

Hart flaps like a drunken bat

nimrod

superb finish from Austin

off side though

Rowley Birkin QC

nimrod

pelle badly needs a haircut

nimrod

Rowley Birkin QC

SWP warming up. Starting to look like a Testimonial game now...

Rowley Birkin QC

Don't need Yaya for free kicks when you have Kolarov

nimrod

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Cut Kolorovs left foot off and put it on a golf club And sell the rest of him

The Blue Blooded Maniac

nimrod

Milner is shit

get navas on ffs

Rowley Birkin QC

Leave Kolarov alone  :D

Can this game get any stranger? Demi sportingly admits to an accidental handball - and the ref just tells him to get on with it!!

Still a City comedy of errors at the back...

KunDB

Yes we are still not convincing at the back, but they are working harder and somewhat better.

Rowley Birkin QC

I have no particular wish to humiliate QPR, but if they continue to give Silva that much space in front of their box the score line could get a little nasty for them.

Then again... with our defence... no need for them to give up hope just yet

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on May 10, 2015, 14:11:11
Milner is shit

get navas on ffs

I think he needs a shit.... had to have stomach medicine given to him on the pitch!

I feel a bit sorry for him, teams keep playing him as a winger when he's much better inside!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Swiss on May 10, 2015, 14:27:55
I feel a bit sorry for him, teams keep playing him as a winger when he's much better inside!

Quite

Rowley Birkin QC

I'll say one thing about Milner - he runs more in 10 minutes than Yaya manages in an average 90

Tricky Trev

Milner is decent, wtf are you guys on about?

Rowley Birkin QC

I know it's 5-0 but anyone else getting nervous when ever QPR get a free kick in our half or a corner...  :D

KunDB

Milner is prolific.

Gives us the advantage over Arsenal on goal difference at least. May yet count, who knows.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 10, 2015, 14:59:45
I know it's 5-0 but anyone else getting nervous when ever QPR get a free kick in our half or a corner...  :D

no but mangala passing back to hart all the time wont end well

Tricky Trev

I've missed a good trashing.

KunDB

Mangala has at least shown definite improvement at season end.

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

hes like a young steve lomas

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

sourness made an interesting point

citys best players 3 years ago are still the best now

how many strikers are actually better than aguero?
how many midfielders can open up teams like silva?

of course they are still the best you bellend because they are two of the best in the world

Neil Mcnab

The shit hoops were an embarrasment. For most of their players, they could not be arsed. If you bring in aging players looking for a big pay day, who dont have the right attitude and commitment, it can all go wrong. Inter take note.

Silva and Aguero were superb, but they are the majority of the time. Demechelis and Mangala still look at times like this is the first time they have been in the same team. If Rekik is so much of a prospect, he needs a chance to shake things up.

Great result.

zacc

dear oh dear no fight or pride shown by QPR.
Loved the SWP welcome.
City did what they needed to which was keep going, enjoying playing some lovely football regardless of their opponents' lack 

Swiss

Bit like the wham game, hard to judge if we've improved when a team just bends over!

gavin

Enjoyable game and that is the main thing. There was some wonderful football played and some absolutely dreadful defending - mainly from QOR but also from City. When Sergio has a few games in him and starts reaching form there is only Messi and Tranny above him in the world.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on May 10, 2015, 20:20:04
Enjoyable game and that is the main thing. There was some wonderful football played and some absolutely dreadful defending - mainly from QOR but also from City. When Sergio has a few games in him and starts reaching form there is only Messi and Tranny above him in the world.

I would only put Messi ahead of him as the fake Ronaldo is an ex-rag and a whiny moaning twot to boot.

gavin

Well, I would never want to see Tranny in a blue shirt for those very reasons but to be fair he has challenged Messi this last couple of years and that takes some doing. Now if he was as good as he thinks he is then he would be much better than Messi of course. Sergio needs a couple of seasons of being fully fit to get to their level, possibly.

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 10, 2015, 20:30:32

I would only put Messi ahead of him as the fake Ronaldo is an ex-rag and a whiny moaning twot to boot.

id have the lad with the nose ahead of aguero with the other two

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on May 10, 2015, 22:19:29
Quote from: bluebrendan on May 10, 2015, 20:30:32

id have the lad with the nose ahead of aguero with the other two

He's past it now.  ;D

goat

says the man thats past it

as an all round player he has more to his game

nimrod

Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 10, 2015, 14:54:05

some of those crosses 1st half were abysmal, he runs around a lot but devoid of real talent, we need better

would he get anywhere near a top team like Barca or Bayern - No

why play him on the wing when you have Navas on the bench?

Sorry but the engineer baffles me (and sorry I dont rate Milner)

Lekos

I like Milner - he gets a bad rep.  OK, he's not the most skillful player at the Club, but commitment wise I'd only put Zab and Kun above him...maybe Kompany also.

He's a fantastic utility player and should have started more games for us this season.  I'd sooner start Milner than Fernando / Nasri.

PS - We'll miss him when he's gone.

clevblue

Quote from: Lekos on May 11, 2015, 08:32:41

Surely that depends on who comes in? We all know he's a worker but we know we need more workers in most areas. This season, Milner has sometimes been the only one trying,  or so it's seemed. He has good and bad points definitely

nimrod

I like Milner - he gets a bad rep.  OK, he's not the most skillful player at the Club, but commitment wise I'd only put Zab and Kun above him...maybe Kompany also.

He's a fantastic utility player and should have started more games for us this season.  I'd sooner start Milner than Fernando / Nasri.

He's a 100% er for sure

I just dont like it when he's in the team, granted though he is a decent utility player, anyway he obviously doesnt want to play for City next season ashe has refused to sign a new contract so I dont really see the commitment angle

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He's said he wants to stay but he needs assurance that he's going to play more games and Pele can't give him that.

goat

of course he wants to stay, nobody else is going to pay him what city does

nimrod

Quote from: Durk on May 11, 2015, 11:20:57
He's said he wants to stay but he needs assurance that he's going to play more games and Pele can't give him that.

surely if he was committed to MCFC he would sign

no player (except maybe our best players) is assured of playing a minimum No of games, what if he loses form half way through the season, does Pelle keep his promise?

surely commitment to a club is signing and putting in the effort so the mgr cant leave you out

alexsam

Hasn't Milner already agreed to go to the Dippers as a replacement for Stevie G.

Him and Henderson in the middle. Its the future.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: clevblue on May 11, 2015, 09:45:48

Surely that depends on who comes in?

Trouble with that - is City don't have the best of records on that score

Remember when everyone expected us to replace De Jong "with someone better"?

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on May 11, 2015, 11:16:19

He's a 100% er for sure

I just dont like it when he's in the team, granted though he is a decent utility player, anyway he obviously doesnt want to play for City next season ashe has refused to sign a new contract so I dont really see the commitment angle

I mean when on the pitch.  He wants to start more games, and who can blame him.  He'll take a wage drop to play for the 'dippers, but he'll get regular games.

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on May 10, 2015, 23:50:43

Probably because Navas is worse. He'd give a headless chicken a bad name.

Tricky Trev

Quote from: nimrod on May 10, 2015, 23:50:43
Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 10, 2015, 14:54:05

some of those crosses 1st half were abysmal, he runs around a lot but devoid of real talent, we need better

would he get anywhere near a top team like Barca or Bayern - No

Sorry but the engineer baffles me (and sorry I dont rate Milner)

Just like De Jong, under appreciated. And although he is not that flashy skillful player that can win a game alone, he is a very important work horse that every team needs. We can't have a team full of silva's. Real talent, what a load of horse shit.

He deserves to start more games, so leaving would be a good move.

KunDB

Arsenal played with real intent tonight showing how desperate they were to get second in PL. Still fell short losing to a soft Swansea goal (given by goal line technology).

Second place is now resting in our own hands again.

nimrod

everybody reckons Milner is underrated but everybody rates him highly

:D

Lekos

I think your use of the term "everybody" is quite loose  :D

Ludo

There's no doubt City could buy a better player but there's also no doubt we're abetter team at the minute with Milner in it.