News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

115 fraud/ Consipiracy charges.

Started by Vickki, January 21, 2024, 12:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on June 04, 2024, 17:13:29City are taking the PL to court next week. Something about their FFP rules being against UK competition law.

Sounds interesting 

reddishblue

"They accuse rival clubs of "discrimination against Gulf ownership", citing the comments of one particular senior club executive."

My money is on it being a yank director. Odds Stevie?

Vickki

City's legal  move is calculated, hence the timing. In my view, this is a precursor of what is to come from City's owners.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Grab your popcorn and get a front row seat everyone!!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on June 04, 2024, 18:36:08"They accuse rival clubs of "discrimination against Gulf ownership", citing the comments of one particular senior club executive."

12 clubs against City
1 club backing City , wonder who , Newcastle ?

Stephen Paul

1/5 on  ;D

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

I'm surprised by this. After all the difficulties the PL and UEFA have put us the over the years, to start legal action now seems odd to me. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. From what I've read I can't see how we can win it tbh. We may not like the rules but it seems like PL followed their own process correctly.

Stephen Paul

The legal team representing City must have something up their sleave

Let the show begin

Fuck them all 

gavin

The claim is not that the Premier League did not follow their own process but that the rules are unlawful. The Premier League has to follow English Law. If the rules or their implementation are discriminatory or anti-competitive then it doesn't matter if they followed process. We need to see what actual evidence City have that that is the case.

reddishblue

Worth a listen as there's actually someone on it who has read the 165 page document about the proceedings due to start next week as opposed to some shithead like Simon Jordan and his ilk.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7c7ltYVwnicbVz0uYTXAW5?go=1&sp_cid=5fc7271a892566903fb59307b1ff6622&utm_source=embed_player_p&utm_medium=desktop&nd=1&dlsi=55edc01dd32f460d

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

I can see this ending badly for the PL who have introduced all these rules to project the so called big 4 which is continuously driven by the red media

The damage will non repairable between City and the PL which could pave the way for the Super League

gavin

I wish that football would sort itself out and cut out this nonsense. We never had any of this shite until City became successful. Clubs could just spend what they wanted. Clubs always outspent other clubs. It only became wrong when City did it. And we are not even doing it any longer.

reddishblue

The formation of the PL was designed to protect the so called top clubs, the like of Everton included. What happens next you might ask? Those with the biggest revenues, grounds and world wide support voted to deny visiting teams a decent share of the ticket sales.

This clearly protectionist policy is now being challenged and about time too.

As Gav said earlier, fuck the red cartel (or what's left of them)  ;D

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: reddishblue on June 06, 2024, 15:36:06Worth a listen as there's actually someone on it who has read the 165 page document about the proceedings due to start next week as opposed to some shithead like Simon Jordan and his ilk.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7c7ltYVwnicbVz0uYTXAW5?go=1&sp_cid=5fc7271a892566903fb59307b1ff6622&utm_source=embed_player_p&utm_medium=desktop&nd=1&dlsi=55edc01dd32f460d

Shame on Watford!!!