News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v QPR Match Thread

Started by 93:2012, November 08, 2014, 16:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Quote from: bry the guy on November 08, 2014, 19:51:38
I thought Yaya played well today much much better than he has been.

Played average at best, but kept giving the ball away and did not help protect defence at critical times.

lee

i thought dzeko had his best game today in a city shirt

Leewonpen

Quote from: bry the guy on November 08, 2014, 19:51:38
I thought Yaya played well today much much better than he has been.

Did that include the 3 passes into touch?

andy1966

I really cant see the owners putting up with this much longer

"It'll all be over by christmas"

For Pelle that is

City Slicker

The three newbies have brought nothing to the party, they want all day on the ball and Sagna has no excuse!

This leads us to question whoever is responsible for the summer recruitment?

Another year when we have failed to build on a champiinship winning campaign!

Screw UEFA, spend as we want

Zabba

Quote from: City Slicker on November 08, 2014, 20:32:03

Trouble is you cannot have one without without the other.

No CL means no star player transfers.

A pain yes but that is the way it is.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on November 08, 2014, 20:42:27
Quote from: City Slicker on November 08, 2014, 20:32:03

Trouble is you cannot have one without without the other.

No CL means no star player transfers.

A pain yes but that is the way it is.

they all want chumps league but none of them seem arsed about it

Neil Mcnab

Only one quality performance out there, from Kun, otherwise we would have surely lost. Every team goes through a bad patch, we are doing that.
Looking at the league fixtures coming up, we could easily win every game up to the middle of January.
Cannot single out Yaya in the last few games, he has been no poorer than the rest. I wanted him to go in the summer and still believe he should go. I wont be that easy, I feel sure we will need to subsidise his move away. There are others like him who show little hunger, workrate or the idea they would run through a brick wall for the cause. 

If there is little improvement with performances, expecting a new manager to pitch up around Xmas. I would guess the owners would wait to see how the dice fall in Europe.

Ludo

Our decision making is awful, our passing looks like we're trying to kick a cannonball through treacle and Pellegrini's substitutions are bizarre.

But apart from that.....

Zabba

Lee, more like players agents want CL, as exposure there gets their clients more commercial contracts and them more fees.

Andy, I cannot see Pelle sacked before season end (though Mancini is available at short notice lol).

Anyway I am not sure if it is Pelle who should go if these failings become persistent, maybe it should be the Barca boys who are held to account. Depends who is in charge of transfers (team decision-making on transfers sounds fine but decision by committee has no accountability ultimately just a fall guy{s}).

I suspect Pelle has no real say in transfers; Coach not Manager. Best I do not get started on that crap.

As well as that the difference for Pelle from his successful Malaga spell is that he has his hands tied behind his back on tactics here (Holistic 442 approach and all that jazz).

bluebrendan

Quote from: Zabba on November 08, 2014, 23:46:23
Lee, more like players agents want CL, as exposure there gets their clients more commercial contracts and them more fees.

Andy, I cannot see Pelle sacked before season end (though Mancini is available at short notice lol).

Anyway I am not sure if it is Pelle who should go if these failings become persistent, maybe it should be the Barca boys who are held to account. Depends who is in charge of transfers (team decision-making on transfers sounds fine but decision by committee has no accountability ultimately just a fall guy{s}).

I suspect Pelle has no real say in transfers; Coach not Manager. Best I do not get started on that crap.

As well as that the difference for Pelle from his successful Malaga spell is that he has his hands tied behind his back on tactics here (Holistic 442 approach and all that jazz).

City kept the most clean sheets in the Prem in each of his three full seasons - whatever his faults he could organise a defence. No sign of Pellegrini managing that any time soon.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: lee on November 08, 2014, 20:47:37

they all want chumps league but none of them seem arsed about it

Yes - that's a bit of a puzzle that is.

Individual performances slumps aside, I still think the overall problem is one of a lack of effort. Players simply don't work hard enough for each other. We have taken 'conservation of effort' and 'pacing ourselves' to a new level - and it is not good.

zacc

Quote from: lee on November 08, 2014, 20:12:19
i thought dzeko had his best game today in a city shirt
:D

didn't have time to make wayward passes though he'd have been in good company in this game.
tad scary how ordinary City are without Silva
???