News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Site changes

Started by gavin, March 17, 2024, 17:54:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

There will be some changes on the site that will cause some downtime over the next couple of weeks.

Firstly, the hosting is up for renewal and I am intending it to change it for the better slightly which in the short term might cause some downtime.

Secondly, the forum software needs upgrading to a newer version which will mean that there will be some downtime and there will be noticeable changes once it is complete. It isn't going to be too drastic and the overall look will remain very much citymancs like but the behaviour of the site will be a bit different.

It should all be sorted for the Arsenal game hopefully and the site will mostly be up in the meantime anyway. An international break finally comes in handy.

Oh aye, I start a new job on Monday too so busy couple of weeks coming up.

KunDB

All the best in your new job and thanks for your work on the site.

reddishblue

Please don't lose me this time.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Stephen Paul

Good luck with the new job Gav

gavin

New job has started well thanks. The server upgrade has been done and the forum upgrade will happen this weekend probably.

gavin

You should probably by now have noticed that the forum software upgrade is completed. Please let me know of any issues.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I don't like change.

gavin

Please note that you can now enable 2 factor authentication in your account settings for extra security if you like.

KunDB

If things do not change we stagnate and would not have all the good things we enjoy, like PCs, Laptops, Podcast, Fan Sites. We would be still chasing dinosaurs for dinenr.

Nicee one Gavin, it gets my thumbs up.  :flagwaver: 

reddishblue

When is the citymancs app being released?

reddishblue

Where is my profile pic or have you lost me again.

gavin

lol, how do you manage it? No-one else's seems to have been lost. What was it? There are many different ways to choose a profile picture in this version. Just click on your name and profile top left.

reddishblue

It asks me for an avatar and how old I am. No link to original picture.

gavin

What was the original picture of? Can you find a similar or the same one to upload?

reddishblue

It was a pic of the 1970 squad with Tony Book as captain displaying trophies. No idea whatsoever where I got it originally if that helps  :D

gavin

It looks like it has reappeared anyway  :D

reddishblue

Nah, I uploaded a new one.

Stephen Paul

my Paddy disappeared but I'm happy with my new avatar if that's what you call it

reddishblue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on March 24, 2024, 16:50:18my Paddy disappeared but I'm happy with my new avatar if that's what you call it

I'll miss him.