News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The UK Elections

Started by Stephen Paul, June 01, 2024, 11:13:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on June 22, 2024, 22:29:16Yet another. Stevie, give us the odds on who it is.

Another one today ffs

Gready fookers

Stephen Paul

Big rumours Rishi Sunak had 50 bet with Paddy Power  :D

Stephen Paul

Scottish Secretary Alister Jack told the BBC that in April he placed a successful bet that the election date would fall between July and September - after losing two similar bets in March.
Mr Jack who is standing down at the election after seven years in Parliament, says he has not breached any rules.
He had originally told the BBC he had made £2,100 from one of the bets - but later claimed his comments were "a joke... I was pulling your leg".
On Tuesday, Mr Jack admitted he had placed a £20 bet at five to one - which would have netted him a return of £120.

reddishblue

From the BBC

"A BBC Newsnight investigation has learnt that up to 15 Conservative Party candidates and officials are being scrutinised for alleged betting on the timing of the election by the Gambling Commission."

gavin

The world is full of idiots. You'd have to be really stupid to bet on this as a prospective or current MP.

Stephen Paul

Betting Gate scandal  7 Tories and counting

corrupt bastards 

reddishblue

7 Met cops being investigated too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2g3q7wxd3o

reddishblue

Tory desperation is getting more and more evident. Sunak in an interview with Sam Coates (Sky) today when asked about the betting scandal he just kept on saying "I can't answer that there's an ongoing investigation" time and time again. Sounds just like Boris and his mates trying to cover up partygate.

Corrupt bastards.

Stephen Paul

I see the National Front are taking control of France

gavin

Not yet but it isn't looking good

Stephen Paul

Northern Ireland
Sinn Féin has become Northern Ireland's largest Westminster party, winning all seven seats it won in 2019, while the Democratic Unionist Party lost three of the eight it held at the last general election.

Stephen Paul

The people that have been running the UK for the past decade should be ashamed of themselves as they have destroyed the country with lack of leadership when it comes to immigration

2 points to consider

the Uk is now a breeding ground for right- and left-wing groups
The illegal immigrants are giving all minority groups in the UK a bad name 

gavin

Immigration is vastly overblown as an issue. It is an easy target for the far right. There has been years of under investment in services and infrastructure in this country and that is a much bigger problem. The policy of cuts and blaming immigrants is the shame of the nation.

There are good and bad people in every group and that includes immigrants and resident British people. British people driving around the country causing riots at every incident are a national disgrace.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

reddishblue

I didn't vote for any of the cunts on the streets the last few says, democracy my arse.