News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Juve Thread

Started by KunDB, September 15, 2015, 19:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Quote from: Ludo on September 16, 2015, 08:24:08
If by 'typical Italian' tactics you mean defending from the front by two forwards that ran their legs off, a midfield the covered every inch of ground and closed their men down quickly and defenders that actually defended - then I wish we could've been that typical.

It did remind me as shandon said of Chelski  last season but hey the were EPL Champions last season.
So guess we need defensive turgid play from City to succeed
8)

gavin

Balls to that, win through attacking but we still need to be strong defensively. It did take two great finishes to beat us last night at least.

Lekos

Don't think they played that much like Chelsea. Juventus pressed hard all over the pitch, even up to our penalty area for 90 minutes. Chelsea get 10 men in and around the box...much more boring.

I was quite impressed by Juve and equally unimpressed by our ability to play at our league pace against them. Pelle lost the tactical battle for sure.

alexsam

Before Juve had a shot we could and should have been 3 up so to say they were impressive is a bit much.

When we did score we seemed to go into our shell, Sterling had a great chance to make it 2 nil but failed and the rebound was saved. That kind of did us in. We fell further back and let them have the ball too much. They equalised and then Vinny went off which left us in a mess at the back. The players look confused as to who should be marking who.

I would personally have brought Demichelis on and not Otimendi but we have paid big money for him so on he went.

For a supposed small club as Buffoon said we are they did not half celebrate the victory.

I think we may have a mental block as a team when it comes to Europe which prevents us from playing at the pace we do in the league but also the teams in Europe do not open themselves up to being attacked like over here.

I think we will win at least 3 of the next 5 games in this competition, draw one other and other results will see us through albeit in second place so a hard draw to come.