News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Looks like Jimmy is off

Started by Stephen Paul, June 02, 2015, 13:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32969999

Was good for us but we are looking for players a level above Milner

Swiss

I liked Jimmy, always a good servant and a professional, if he does move on, I'm sure he'll get a good cheer when he returns!

Stephen Paul

True Swiss, a top bloke and good professional . Good luck to him

Lekos

Ludo

It is a bit of a shame but we do need to step up in class and Jimmy does need regular football.

All the best to him if it happens.

Rowley Birkin QC

More than a little disappointed by this. On the technical side of things I know there are better players around, but James has many fine qualities that we will miss...

...that is unless our friends from Barcelona have got their shit together and have a fine replacement in mind.

No, I'm not confident either...

Tricky Trev

Ridiculous. Sure we want the best possibly players and he might not be a 10, but for fuck sake there is a lot of shittier players in the squad. I cannot for the life of me understand the logic by those who just shrug and don't really care. De Jong all over again.

But good for him, he deserves a lot better than he ever got here.

Leewonpen

Quote from: TrickyTrev on June 02, 2015, 15:21:13
Ridiculous. Sure we want the best possibly players and he might not be a 10, but for fuck sake there is a lot of shittier players in the squad. I cannot for the life of me understand the logic by those who just shrug and don't really care. De Jong all over again......

Spot on, I can't count  the number of times I have watched us amble about the pitch, playing at walking pace where my reaction is FFS get Milner on....very disappointed, he always appeared to care where some other "star" players didn't appear to give a shit. He isn't that lacking in quality either.....

goat

but lacking enough

his final ball is dogshit more often than not and for the price he cost im not sure it turned out to be that good a deal. wouldnt say it was all his fault, when he was signed he was playing through the middle for villa and doing ok and was never given a run there at city

The Blue Blooded Maniac

That could almost be interpreted as a defence for him goaty!!

You love him really. Like you do citopest, tori and the Irish.

goat

aye, dogshit and not worth the cash, he is lucky i like him eh

he is better than navas tho

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Was gonna be snide and do a remark comparing him to Riera, but that would just be mean and we don't want tears

goat

jimmy has had his moments and as far as we know is a good pro

i believe he does want to leave for first team football and not just take the money and sit on bench, remember nigel clough
no toys thrown out of the pram
isnt jack wilshire

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Well he first stated that he wasn't getting the game time he wanted before last season, and rightly so IMO, and his game time has significantly improved this season so I can't really see what the problem is. Unless he thinks were just luring him in his final year to pin him down to a new contract.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Durk on June 02, 2015, 19:40:47
Unless he thinks were just luring him in his final year to pin him down to a new contract.
Thats the one. As well as bringing in better players over the summer and even more bench warming time in the future if he stayed.
Had the right attitude, but just not good enough.

clevblue

Fancy choosing THEM though! I can't see why he would want to go THERE. Would you?

gavin

He may get more of a game at Liverpool but he'll have won his last title. Maybe a sniff of a cup there. I don't understand it much myself; he played plenty this season and if accounts are near true he has been made a fair and decent offer.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on June 02, 2015, 20:56:30
He may get more of a game at Liverpool but he'll have won his last title. Maybe a sniff of a cup there. I don't understand it much myself; he played plenty this season and if accounts are near true he has been made a fair and decent offer.

Im guessing that Liverpool have offered him that Gerrard Central midfield role Milner likes. City would never play him there. If its down to that then fair play to him and good luck.
He's probably a multimillionaire, he's played International football, played in the CL, won two PL titles, an FA Cup & a League Cup, so if he now gets the game time he craves and the increased wage he wants he can look back at his career and be satisfied of what he's achieved for a player of his ability.
Cant begrudge him looking after himself.

clevblue

yeah but he can already be satisfied with what he's achieved, he's been a big player at City this season when others haven't. Why go to them? Especially as Rodgers is definitely staying there. I'm not bothered I just wonder what's driving him to leave us? Is he the next Stevie G? I don't think so.

nimrod

Quote from: clevblue on June 03, 2015, 08:17:56
yeah but he can already be satisfied with what he's achieved, he's been a big player at City this season when others haven't. Why go to them? Especially as Rodgers is definitely staying there. I'm not bothered I just wonder what's driving him to leave us? Is he the next Stevie G? I don't think so.

midfield & first choice & more money

Lekos

Quote from: clevblue on June 03, 2015, 08:17:56
I just wonder what's driving him to leave us? Is he the next Stevie G? I don't think so.

He's not a regular starter with us, but he will be there. Also probably centre mid like Nemo said.

Quote from: nimrod on June 03, 2015, 00:01:26
so if he now gets the game time he craves and the increased wage he wants he can look back at his career and be satisfied of what he's achieved for thatyer of his Cupity.
Cant begqdge him looking after himself.

City offered him way more than he will be on at Liverpool. Fair play to Jimmy I say.

bry the guy

goat

bry the guy

I know ,im that kind of bloke.

zacc

according to the Express more play less money at 'pool

Milner will arrive on a free transfer after rejecting a £165,000-a-week deal at City in order to move to Anfield where he will earn less but have a more prominent midfield role.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/582041/Liverpool-Finalise-James-Milner-Manchester-City-Deal

Lekos

Made as many assists as Silva this season as well...

Swiss

The midfielder is gone, long live the midfielder!

bry the guy

Quote from: Lekos on June 04, 2015, 11:49:59
Made as many assists as Silva this season as well...

In far fewer mins on pitch too.

Lekos

Stephen Paul

Some Liverpool fans saying it's the signing of the century!!!!

Gareth

Quote from: stephenmcfc on June 06, 2015, 07:10:58

Although that's not universal - one of my acquaintance points out midfield competition for places from Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Markovic, Allen and Lucas; reckons he'll be lucky to get a game...

clevblue

I still look at the original post on here from stephenmcfc, saying he's been good but we need someone a step above

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Gareth on June 06, 2015, 10:27:45
Quote from: stephenmcfc on June 06, 2015, 07:10:58

Although that's not universal - one of my acquaintance points out midfield competition for places from Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Markovic, Allen and Lucas; reckons he'll be lucky to get a game...

All if the dippers keep there promise of sticking him in the middle he will only be battling with Henderson, Lucas and Allen. Not much of a challenge to be fair.

Swiss

He's suddenly the best player in the world  :D

gavin

A shame to lose him for his usefulness in so many positions but I don't think he is worth a guaranteed start in central midfield every week. If that is what he wants then it is best for him to leave. Thanks for all your hard work Jimmy but I think you're probably making a mistake. I expect he'll still end up covering most weeks for Liverpool and will win nowt doing it. Trouble is that when managers know that you can cover for injuries in many positions then that is what you end up doing unless you are absolutely outstanding in your main position. He isn't absolutely outstanding.