News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Oh Shite

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, June 11, 2015, 22:15:50

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

According to Sky Sports sources City have had an initial £25mil bid for sterling rejected.

Though Kaldhoon said he wanted quality bringing in?

goat

id be more worried about the striker we are meant to be after

hes from porto

Rowley Birkin QC

"Oh Shite" ? Well.. if we get him, I'm OK with it. I've been in favour of us buying him since the middle of last season when I liked what I saw.

Yes - it's a gamble. I know he's the unfinished article and comes with a few 'character issues' (not many footballers who don't have those these days) but sometimes you have to take a chance on buying into players like Sterling when they are on the up - and not so much established stars at their peaks (or - more often than not with us - just past it).

goat

smells a bit like when chelsea were snapping up anyone english and letting rot for a few years

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, that's a fair point. But I think he's got something if - and it's a big if - our coaches (and the quality players he'll have around him) can take him to the next level.

Ludo

He's got to be better than Navas.

Superbia in Urbem

Sterling is young but a quality player who will get better. If we have to buy British this is a good start. £35m will seal the deal (£30m + add ons).

bry the guy

Well i hope he dosnt stop the young Nigeria player Natcho summat from progressing.

Stephen Paul

It's a big gamble at that price

Ludo

Given the dross we've bought recently it might be worth the risk.

lee

so the dippers reject the bid

fook him..concentrate on pogba/hamsik/isco and a top draw striker

goat

weve competition for the bit of shit sterling

bluebrendan

Quote from: Citoeast on June 11, 2015, 22:52:25
Sterling is young but a quality player who will get better. If we have to buy British this is a good start. £35m will seal the deal (£30m + add ons).

Yeah £35m is about my valuation too, he's nowhere near as big a gamble as £18m for Crocky Santa Cruz or a similar amount for Stefan the Sicknote.

goat

but hes english, that means his price is at least three times what it should be and hes shit

bry the guy

Im just about to send them the £5

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on June 12, 2015, 13:48:04
Im just about to send them the £5

Don't trust the maccafia, they were looking to host the World Cup a couple of weeks ago, it all sounds a bit dodgy.  ;)

bry the guy

I think they should take over from FIFA they can only be better than them.

Lekos

In other news....Citoeast is back....again....as Citoeast.  Have you deleted all your other user names or are they clogging up Gav's server?

Stephen Paul

New 40 million bid according to MEN

Lekos

40 million... Fucks sake. Getting silly now.

gavin

Bit of a big jump there!

Tricky Trev

I can't take another ludicrous poor transfer from city. I've had enough for several years.

goat

all the way back to signing fernando?

Ludo

Crocky Santa Cruz?

goat

speaking of bad signings, last night for the very first time i saw that vuoso lad play. he was shit

Swiss

Vincente?
Did any of the keegan kids make it!?

goat

joey barton lingered

Stephen Paul

Swiss

Quote from: goat on June 14, 2015, 00:54:28
joey barton lingered

Lingered is a good word for that fart!

I remember Kevin Ellergaarde (sp) because there was an article about keegan and him having the same name... The things that stick in the mind!

goat

kevin gets a mention twice in a week here, how many when he was actually at the club?

Superbia in Urbem

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-raheem-sterling-transfer-9470465

£40m £35m+ add-ons of £5m

NOT A PENNY MORE we should not be ripped of by Liverpool, who refused to pay him more than £100k a week (their rating of his value). Tell them take it by next week or we walk away.

clevblue

Quote from: Citoeast on June 17, 2015, 17:13:05
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-raheem-sterling-transfer-9470465

£40m £35m+ add-ons of £5m

NOT A PENNY MORE we should not be ripped of by Liverpool, who refused to pay him more than £100k a week (their rating of his value). Tell them take it by next week or we walk away.

I've just rung em but they aren't answering >:(

bluepill

Quote from: Swiss on June 14, 2015, 00:42:00
Vincente?

who was that midfielder he bought - mega tall, headed it down on to the cross bar, supposed to be the next viera only shit

Swiss

bluepill

no not him keegan said he was the dogs bollocks and was going to be awesome. Sorry probably could explain better - memory's gone!

goat

Quote from: bluepill on June 17, 2015, 22:20:39
Quote from: Swiss on June 14, 2015, 00:42:00
Vincente?

who was that midfielder he bought - mega tall, headed it down on to the cross bar, supposed to be the next viera only shit

neggy!

bluepill

christian negouai

goat

bluepill

i was at the tns game at the millenium stadium and actually saw him score!

bry the guy

He was that good with his head he scored with a blatent handball at maine road vs i think Cambridge and it was a winner.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

£40 mil bid rejected. In the papers n all again on the laughing gas. Leave him at Anfield where Rodgers will leave him to.....rot in the reserves.

Whats the crack with this Jackson Martinez that Arse and AC are sniffing around? Heard his name a few times over the years but cant say I've seen him play.

Swiss

Not sure about his playing style but I hear he was named after Michael Jackson and keeps the greated spotted eagle owl in his beard when not playing.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Durk on June 18, 2015, 12:57:22
£40 mil bid rejected. In the papers n all again on the laughing gas. Leave him at Anfield where Rodgers will leave him to.....rot in the reserves.

Hopefully we'll walk away now and leave the ball in Liverpool's (and an unhappy Sterling's) court. 40 million is the absolute max we should go. I suspect someone at City is keen to publicise the media links with other British players like Jack Wilshere (whether they're real or not) to give a clear signal to Liverpool that we have other interests. Should be up to them now - offer is on the table. Take it or leave it.

goat

sterling or wilshere

its like deciding between aids and ebola

bry the guy

Swiss

Quote from: goat on June 18, 2015, 23:17:00
sterling or wilshere

its like deciding between aids and ebola

Who's Malaria then?

goat

the 5th toure brother

Stephen Paul