News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts signed!

Started by KunDB, June 16, 2015, 20:18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Signed according to ESPN (as reported by Metro).

Story Link
Manchester City have reportedly reached a deal to sign Fulham’s Patrick Roberts.

The highly rated 18-year-old will arrive at the Etihad for £5 million, which could rise to as much as £10 million with add-ons, according to ESPN FC.

Roberts was also believed to be on the radar of the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool, but Manuel Pellegrini looks to have got his man.

Fulham were desperate to renew Roberts’ contract which was due to expire in 2016, but appear to have failed â€" the youngster still has a lot of work ahead to break into City first team.

goat

wonder how much villa/west brom/ sunderland will get him for in a couple of years

KunDB

and to think I thought I was king of the cynics.

gavin

Looks good at youth level but so did Paul Moulden. To be fair he looks a tad more skillful  :D.

Ludo

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Of course there'll always be cynics but if we don't speculate we won't accumulate.

goat

well the swansea game gave a bit of a clue about the youth, meaningless game and not even a kid on the bench despite the youth teams doing well

Swiss

As in... not good enough!? but if theydon't get to try...

Ludo

Quote from: goat on June 16, 2015, 21:54:05
well the swansea game gave a bit of a clue about the youth, meaningless game and not even a kid on the bench despite the youth teams doing well

I agree but there's going to come a time (hopefully soon) when we'll have to give youth a chance.

Superbia in Urbem

I am fully expecting youth to figure this year, at least some being afforded a run out in the League Cup.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 16, 2015, 22:50:06
As in... not good enough!? but if theydon't get to try...

as in pelle is a fucking strange one. he made lampard captain for that game so must have had an idea that it wasnt exactly the world cup final
at least one should be good enough to sit on a bench

goat

Quote from: Ludo on June 16, 2015, 23:00:32
Quote from: goat on June 16, 2015, 21:54:05

I agree but there's going to come a time (hopefully soon) when we'll have to give youth a chance.

probably when viera is manager

Tricky Trev

Why any youngster would ever want to go to city over other pl clubs I find strange.

goat

money
being a fan

guess you dont remember when jimmy grimble turned down the rags to join city

Swiss

ha ha!
:D

Well if we're looking to meet the HG quota, we'll have to start playing some...

bry the guy

Do the EPL,FA not realise they are weakening the league with these home grown rules which could end up with Sky and BT paying less in the future.We fans want to see the best players in the world an that's why TV pays so much to broadcast it.How many English fans really care about the England team anyway?

Tricky Trev

I meant city's youth policy, or lack thereof.

reddishblue

Quote from: TrickyTrev on June 17, 2015, 20:27:01

When did you awake from your coma? Very recently I would suggest.

KunDB

Finally, having his medical for City today. So should be announce pretty soon by club.

Tricky Trev

Quote from: reddishblue on June 17, 2015, 21:29:30
Quote from: TrickyTrev on June 17, 2015, 20:27:01

When did you awake from your coma? Very recently I would suggest.

That's rich and ironic. Pay attention kid.

Stephen Paul

another gamble, but who knows , could turn out ok in a few years

nimrod

Could swear thats not his head, anyway looks about 12

Swiss

I'm hoping he'll get a few bench appearances...

goat

:D

tone made a funny

im hoping pelle didnt know the swansea game was a meaningless last day of the season

nevermind this homegrown shit, best rule change would be having to have 1 or 2 u21 players on bench. think scotland have it

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on July 19, 2015, 14:13:42
Could swear thats not his head, anyway looks about 12

Nimmers all young'uns look like embryos to me, it's our age hun

nimrod