News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Ashes

Started by nimrod, June 23, 2015, 01:57:08

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Who's gonna win it/them?

Whens the first test ?

Wales innit?

Lekos

Rowley Birkin QC

Really rank these days.

Used to love it - hardly watch it now.

Ludo

The recent one day series between England and NZ was excellent, I think it was the highest scoring one day series in history.

If The England test team can tap into that spirit and aggression then The Ashes should be a corker.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Lekos on June 23, 2015, 06:17:18
Cricket is rank.

Amen. I can watch SSN all day apart from the cricket and then its gets turned off for 5 minutes

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on June 23, 2015, 15:09:56
The recent one day series between England and NZ was excellent, I think it was the highest scoring one day series in history.

In the ODIs and T20s I think it's been made too easy for the batsmen, I prefer a more even contest between bat and ball. In the recent World Cup even the rule about having two new balls often ended up favouring the batting side as the balls stayed harder toward the end of an innings and tended to have a truer bounce than older, softer ones.

As for the Ashes, compare the results of both teams in the West Indies in recent months, England huffed and puffed to a 1-1 draw while the Aussies strolled to two crushing wins. The odds have to favour the Aussies.

nimrod

maybe hope for plenty of rain Brendo  :D