News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

fucking delph

Started by goat, July 10, 2015, 17:04:40

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

another fucking villa signing ( within 24 hours apparently)

could have spent the 8 mill on scratchcards instead

gavin

I can't say that he has grabbed my attention much. Looks a less promising signing than Sinclair was. But surprises happen. I was very anti the Goat for the first few months....

Lekos

goat

Quote from: gavin on July 10, 2015, 17:37:38
I can't say that he has grabbed my attention much. Looks a less promising signing than Sinclair was. But surprises happen. I was very anti the Goat for the first few months....

and now you love me eh baldo

he will be at sunderland before his contract runs out

Tricky Trev

haha sign Delph for 8mil and give away Milner for nothing. This fucking club never ceases to amaze me.

goat

but they didnt give him away, he was offered a deal and said no ta. not like they could go all fritzl and lock him up

both are shit anyway

goat

Quote from: TrickyTrev on July 10, 2015, 18:32:27
This fucking club never ceases to amaze me.

should have seen it in the 90s

Lekos

Quote from: TrickyTrev on July 10, 2015, 18:32:27
This fucking club never ceases to amaze me.

On your bike lad.

gavin

Can;t say I'm surprised in the slightest. It has seemed to be heading this way for a few days. Give the lad a Goat's chance.

KunDB

Give the guy a chance ffs. He is a hard working intelligent player with decent talent to boot and Home Grown.

He performed real well in a very poor team.

goat

aye, to be fair he led villa to 16th or 17th or whatever it was. the signing to finally help us past barcelona

Swiss

Saw some stats stating better pass and defence than Fernandinho last season

gavin

I don;t think it is fair to judge him on where Villa finished last season. That was down to a fair few other players too.

bry the guy

What do you know about stats? :D

KunDB

This is one of City's better buys. #

£8m a steal for a proven homegrown player, who was captain and the leader of his team.

A good buy and I believe one that will work well for both parties.

The big name key signings to move our team forward will come to those who wait, patience will pay now and for the long-term for City.

Tricky Trev

Meanwhile the neighbors snatches up Schweinsteiger.

goat

he will be another veron i reckon, footballer struggling against long distance runners

lee

well the chairman kept his promise...

who is next..charlie adam

Swiss

Quote from: bry the guy on July 10, 2015, 21:23:36
What do you know about stats? :D

Statistically speaking...

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, I suppose there must be some sort of overall picture to this signing and someone at the club sees something he can bring, but I'm not sure I can see it yet.

Anyway he's a Blue now - so let's see how he goes before we burn him at the stake. 

BongoBlue

No world beater but probably a better bet than Rodwell or Sinclair. The boy can play a bit and is home grown.

He might get a bit more playing time than we think, even if we do land some of the bigger prizes this transfer window.

Otherwise, feck it, bin him off if he doesn't play much. But he may surprise us...

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on July 11, 2015, 00:23:08

You never know mate

KunDB

Quote from: lee on July 11, 2015, 00:23:08

Did he say they would bring in world class players 52 days before window closes or City start their warm up tour?

KunDB

Quote from: goat on July 11, 2015, 00:00:44
he will be another veron i reckon, footballer struggling against long distance runners

Good player but past his best, I would not want him at City Utd can have him while we fish in a bigger better younger pool of players.

Swiss

With Delph in (subject to medical)that puts the two Fernando's under pressure... do we need three???

I'f we're back in for Pogba, the two f's are greater marginalised...

Quote from: Zabba on July 11, 2015, 10:56:42

Good player but past his best, I would not want him at City Utd can have him while we fish in a bigger better younger pool of players.

At 30 almost 31 he;s still got a couple of seasons in him at peak... hving saif=d that he only made 20 league apps last season, scored 5 goals and 4 assists. His best stat was his 88% pass completion

goat

Quote from: Swiss on July 11, 2015, 11:05:56
With Delph in (subject to medical)that puts the two Fernando's under pressure... do we need three???

I'f we're back in for Pogba, the two f's are greater marginalised...

Quote from: Zabba on July 11, 2015, 10:56:42

At 30 almost 31 he;s still got a couple of seasons in him at peak... hving saif=d that he only made 20 league apps last season, scored 5 goals and 4 assists. His best stat was his 88% pass completion

if we had pogba it should be yaya thats binned ahead of fernandinho
at least fern 1 can move still

zacc

???to quote "I didn't see that one coming Martin!"
Suppose age, nationality & fee are for him rest I'll have to watch this space.

Swiss

Agree, Pogba is the replacement for Yaya

But Delph should be the replacement for the F's.

Are you getting your Fernando & Fernandinho's mixed up?

IMO 'Dinho is the better player but neither were great last season.

Back to Delph, yes youtube can make anyone look good:

goat

no, i leave the mixing up to pelle
fernandinho came first so fern 1

delph will be the replacement for sinclair

Swiss

I think you're confusing the issue... And Yaya won't be binned off cause no one will pay him what we do!

Why would Delph be replacing Sinclair as they don't play in the same position...

De Bruyne or Sterling (or a.n.other) will be the Sinclair/ Milner replacements.

goat

he will be taking sinclairs place as token english bloke before being fucked off to sunderland/hull/west brom
and delph played in middle for villa, so did jimmeh...expect pelle to jam him on the wing where sinclair did most of his nothing
its a backwards move getting delph in

gavin

That is some contradiction there Goaty. How can he be taking Sinclair's place and a step backwards in the same paragraph? If he is replacing Sinclair then he can only be a step sideways at worst. I mean Sinclair did exactly, precisely fuck all for us!!!! I notice in that video that Delph set up Sinclair for a goal - more than any of our players managed.

goat

the backwards in in general you bald sod

if we  are still pretending to be a big club we should act like one

barca brought in turan
juve zaza ,khedira and dybala
bayern douglas costa

us..two kids and delph

Swiss

You sound more negative than Grim  :P

goat

normally i just shrug it off but for some reason this one has really fucking annoyed me

Hesperus

Not exactly a statement of intent! 

goat

and this home grown thing

anyone else signing shit just to fill a quota, dont think so. crazy idea, use the fucking kids that were poached from other clubs. must be a reason madrid sulked over losing pozo, lets find out

Swiss

the kids are on tour so we can get a little taster

goat

they were last year an all, remember the lad from nigeria

reddishblue

He's announced on the Villa web site he's staying there.

KunDB

Failing to sign Pogba is just understandable Txixi but Fabian Delph omg pathetic really.

goat

zacc

goat

it fucking worked an all

lee

gavin

Can't manage to sign fucking Delph  :o

Swiss

we don't even know if we tried
and/or
he might have thought he'd sit on the bench

time to jump in for schneiderlin: still hg

lee

its starting to look like swales is back in charge

goat

i see zlatan is on the move, be prepared for carlton cole to fuck us off

Swiss

Bloody hel goat, is aunt flow in town?

calm dowwn, loads of time left

goat

thats the scary thing

send txiki out for 20 benson, a loaf and de rossi and he comes back with javi garcia just as the shop is shutting

gavin

Who was doing the signings when we got Sergio and David Silva?

reddishblue

goat

Quote from: gavin on July 11, 2015, 21:32:41

two out of how many?

fernando, all that needs to be said about his skills

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on July 11, 2015, 21:32:41

Well it wasn't Txiki, he didn't arrive until Sept. 2012.

Take your pick from Garry Cook, Mancini and Marwood or a combination of all three.

goat

fuckin hell, forgot about marwood

wasnt he flogging daps with cook?

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on July 11, 2015, 22:45:28
fuckin hell, forgot about marwood

wasnt he flogging daps with cook?

Aye, I think both were at Nike at the same time.

Swiss

Marwood was in charge of signings at that point: But he fell out with Mancini for signing shit players in his last year in that role

Rowley Birkin QC

And Cook did the financial deals to bring the players like Aguero and Silva in. I used to get laughed at on here and other forums for defending Cook...

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Txiki and Soriano aren't actually that good - and that they're success at Barca had more to do with them riding on the reputation and glamour of the club they worked for.

Swiss

maybe... but we've got a lot of time to go so it's not quite panic stations just yet!

nimrod

It seems Delph has loyalty gene (very rare these days)

He signed a new contract in Jan cos he said it wasnt fair to Villa to leave on a Bosnan

He's changed his mind cos he's loyal, nothing Sorryarse or tixibell can do about that

(even though I think their both daft twats)

Rowley Birkin QC

Both fair comments Swiss and Nimmers - especially regarding Delph. Respect to him for deciding not to take the money and stay loyal to Villa. He no doubt knows he's going to get more football if he sticks with them.

I accept the boys from Barca still have time to pull things together, but their record at City is starting to look more than a bit shaky. I realise if players simply don't want to come there is little they can do about it, but I'd be happier if we got some idea that they had a few Plan B's in the mix. We seem to focus all our resources and time on a couple of targets and then thrash about aimlessly when those targets fail to play ball.

Swiss

I'll get worried if they're sniffing around porto again...

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on July 12, 2015, 00:49:28
Both fair comments Swiss and Nimmers - especially regarding Delph. Respect to him for deciding not to take the money and stay loyal to Villa. He no doubt knows he's going to get more football if he sticks with them.

I accept the boys from Barca still have time to pull things together, but their record at City is starting to look more than a bit shaky. I realise if players simply don't want to come there is little they can do about it, but I'd be happier if we got some idea that they had a few Plan B's in the mix. We seem to focus all our resources and time on a couple of targets and then thrash about aimlessly when those targets fail to play ball.

Its been a disaster with those 2 Ken, look at the money wasted on average players and we then lose our title

Im just worried they will now give the scousers what theyre asking for Sterling to avoid the embarrassment of getting nobody

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on July 12, 2015, 00:52:46
I'll get worried if they're sniffing around porto again...

or as goaty bollocks would say 'raping porto'

:D

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on July 12, 2015, 00:05:38
And Cook did the financial deals to bring the players like Aguero and Silva in. I used to get laughed at on here and other forums for defending Cook...

I never laughed Ken, I sniggered though  :D

I used to think he was an overdone sales rep but maybe you were right about him

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh, Cookie Monster certainly had his faults, but not nearly the fool some portrayed him as.

nimrod

I kind of went off him when that story came out that he slipped Noel Gallagher a note over dinner with a list of world famous players we were gonna get

Noel said he was completely floored, or summat like that

Turns out we got none of them (maybe Tevez)

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on July 12, 2015, 00:59:01
Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on July 12, 2015, 00:49:28

Its been a disaster with those 2 Ken, look at the money wasted on average players and we then lose our title

Im just worried they will now give the scousers what theyre asking for Sterling to avoid the embarrassment of getting nobody

I'm coming round to the idea of sterling if we play a front 3 with another wide forward

Stephen Paul

the show goes on . expect a couple of decent buys this week i would imagine

KunDB

What worries me is the scouser's will now think they have us over a barrel as Sterling has now become our summer marque signing (God help us).

Without two or three world class players we certainly will not win the CL, PL and possibly any trophy's. Se might and likely will fall down the top4/6 pecking order.

Swiss

Some people just need a little time out before this happens

nimrod

ITK on bluemoon has tweeted its a done deal 45 mill plus add ons

Sterling will be pulled out of tour

goat

does reading the papers count as itk on bluemong?

was it david villas mate?

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: goat on July 11, 2015, 20:54:59
thats the scary thing
send txiki out for 20 benson, a loaf and Pogba and he comes back with a refusal from Delph just as the shop is shutting

Swiss

Ok, onwards and upwards

nimrod

Quote from: goat on July 12, 2015, 13:07:14
does reading the papers count as itk on bluemong?

was it david villas mate?

dont shoot the messenger

goat

Quote from: Swiss on July 12, 2015, 14:09:31
Ok, onwards and upwards

well after delph the only was is up

unless cattermole gets itchy feet

Swiss

we do need to sort out the middle of the pitch to become more competitive...

Was thinking over the formation of

(If Pogba and De Bruyne join)

--------------Serge-------------
De Bruyne--------------Sterling
------Nasri-----------Silva------
------------Pogba--------------

Using Nasri and Silva in a Xavi, iniesta type role...

goat

keep forgetting nasri, spose that would happen if you go missing as often as he does

whats this lopes lad like that played in france last year?

zacc

Swiss

I saw that a few days ago Zacc, I think it's a spoof/ joke website.

I don't think he even made it to the website.

Missed out on Schneiderlin now aswell, to the bloody rags :(

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on July 13, 2015, 13:04:24
I saw that a few days ago Zacc, I think it's a spoof/ joke website.

I don't think he even made it to the website.

Missed out on Schneiderlin now aswell, to the bloody rags :(

there were a couple of references to it as you say though sites that are from land of fantasy so never know eh?
the whole transfer shenanigans has been bit la la so far
???

Swiss

I see everyone is praising Delph for staying...

I'd lambast his lack of ambition!

Lekos

Didn't he fail a medical...or was that internet bullshit?

Swiss

Only that one site reported that and it looks like it was a spoof. Zacc posted the link above.

Other reports are, including from the player himself, was that he saw the reaction of Villa fans and questioned wether he'd sit on the bench 80% of the time so he opted to stay at Villa park. Sounds like he pooped his kacks to me!

clevblue

He obviously knows the truth and lacks ambition. We are too big for him

Swiss

Papers are reporting Delph is in Manchester for a medical.

There's apparently (I haven't seen it) a grainy photo of someone that looks like Delph from behind going into a City building...

KunDB

It is true, Goat will be organising the Welcome Fabian barbeque.

Good signing.

Stephen Paul

goat

Swiss

I'm guessing we're saying goodbye to Fernando then

goat

who the fuck would buy that

Rowley Birkin QC

This has all the makings of a City classic!  :D

KunDB

Solid hard working players are a good addition to the squad and lets face it Fernando is shite.

bry the guy

Its signed and delivered he is our new number 18.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

Ah come on, at least give him a week before you start berating him.

A bit of Fizz in the middle is what we need and he'll have it all to prove, as will Sterling!

Victoria

Sterling and Delph;Expensive bench warmers!

bry the guy

£8m for Delph an England player and only 25yo even if he is a flop at city we will make a big profit in him.

gavin

He best be good after all his arsing about! I'll wait and see.

Swiss

He'll be fab I'm sure...

clevblue

You couldn't make it up, could you? Well, he's british, and they must think he's worth the trouble, so I suppose that's a plus hey?

Ludo

For £8m I suppose he's got to be worth a risk.

Swiss

better then the £30 odd we paid for the Nando's

Swiss

Collymore calling Delph a disgrace... anyone see the irony in that???

goat

stan doesnt mind people calling him a woman beating dogger apparently

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on July 17, 2015, 22:34:16

£30 odd pounds would have irked ne somewhat its the fact it was £30m odd for Fernando that blows my mind. Who the flute thought he was worth that??????????????????

Ludo

At least if Delph's shite we'll get our money back.

Stephen Paul

"Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here," added Delph.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

That's Micah in Tim Shitewoods bad books already!! :D

bluebrendan

Quote from: Zabba on July 18, 2015, 00:00:52

£30 odd pounds would have irked ne somewhat its the fact it was £30m odd for Fernando that blows my mind. Who the flute thought he was worth that??????????????????

Fernando was £12m, still way overpriced though.

Fernandinho was £30m, overpriced but there's a good box to box midfielder there if Pellegrini ever works out his best position.

nimrod

Quote from: Durk on July 18, 2015, 07:38:52

shitewood

:D

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on July 18, 2015, 19:38:12
Quote from: Zabba on July 18, 2015, 00:00:52

Fernando was £12m, still way overpriced though.

Fernandinho was £30m, overpriced but there's a good box to box midfielder there if Pellegrini ever works out his best position.

why are you moaning its not your money  :D

bluebrendan

Opinion, not a moan, nimmers.  ;)

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on July 19, 2015, 14:55:43
Opinion, not a moan, nimmers.  ;)

aye brendo, same with me re Raheem...  :D

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Durk on July 18, 2015, 07:38:52
Sherwood will be a forgotten man in 12 months

Swiss

Doubt it, to the villans he performed a minor miracle!

Stephen Paul

jammy bsatard comes to mind

Swiss

Or honeymoon period...

Still, depending on how they strengthen... and if the fans perceive it as Tim's fault (and who would after losing Vlaar, Benteke and Delph)...

He could go down a hero and rebuild in the Championship.

Most Villa fans hate their chairman.