News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Oi Stevie!

Started by reddishblue, July 23, 2015, 22:55:24

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

Where is the Real Madrid v City prediction thread?

2-1.

Swiss

You've written that as 2-1 to real?

I'm going 3-3, city on pens. Ramos to play second half in city colours

bry the guy

2-1 either way but hope its city.

Swiss

This ain't the gg's ;)

bry the guy

reddishblue

I never predict a City loss, 2-1 to City.

zacc

Quote from: reddishblue on July 23, 2015, 22:55:24

2-1.

Stevie has been distracted with trying to sort his Cityzen memebership.
Quote from: zacc on July 24, 2015, 10:43:22
1-1 more penalties & City scrape a win!!

Mr K

According to The Guardian, Denayer and Humphreys start. Real's starting midfield/attack is going to be  Modric, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Talk about chucking in at the deep end!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on July 23, 2015, 22:55:24

2-1.

August the 8th will kick the prediction thread off reddish

Mr K

0-1. Benzema! Belter apparently.

Oops, 0-2. Ronaldo now.

Ludo

Still shit at corners I see.

Rowley Birkin QC

Disappointing this. But then, Real Madrid are playing close to a first choice 11...

Sterling doing his best (aside for his tendency to go down too easily) but desperately needs some support. Our inexperienced back four are all over the shop. You know things are 'interesting' when Sagna is by far your best performing defender!

Going forward, I'm not convinced Kolarov is very interested in this match. Fernando still not positive enough for my liking - almost always takes the safe option.

We deserved the dodgy penalty after we should have got one earlier when Yaya was pole-axed to the ground.

The booing of Sterling is fucking disgraceful. I'm told some fucker rang the main Melbourne Sports radio station today and claimed City fans were "racially abusing" Sterling on Tuesday night. A right load of bollocks of course. Not reported anywhere else in the media. Just some stirring scouse bastard.

Rowley Birkin QC

Almost wish I'd made the effort to scalp a ticket down at the MCG now... at least I wouldn't have to listen to these Channel 9 wankers.

Come on City!

Rowley Birkin QC

Disgraceful challenge by Fernando on the Show Pony  >:(

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on July 24, 2015, 12:31:51
Disgraceful challenge by Fernando on the Show Pony  >:(
Agreed, didn't catch him hard enough. :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Naughty Brendan  ;D

clevblue

Is Benitez getting fatter or is that a big Jacket?
Not much to show from us, but at least we are back watching footy again

Patrick Roberts on with 10 mins to go, that's good to see agains Madrid

Rowley Birkin QC

Must confess - I'm somewhat irrationally grumpy after that game. Can't really work out why.

However - some good points to mention from across both games.

I reckon Sterling is going to be all right. Showed almost immediate signs of a good understanding with Sliva and if he clicks with Aguero as well we'll be good to go. Someone just needs to have a quiet word with him about falling over too easy. That might be acceptable at the cheating bin dippers but not at City. He'll do better if he stays on his feet. Aguero should show him the way.

Delph looked more useful and more positive than Fernando (yeah - I know... not hard...) until the unfortunate injury.

All the youngsters showed something across the two games. Lets hope Pellers manages to ease some of them into some first team action this season. Not sure sending them all off on loan is the right thing to do - they need to be playing along side better players to improve, (not slumming it in the Championship or Scotland). Tonight, after a torrid start Denayer and Humphreys settled a bit, and while they were still struggling to keep up with Real's movement at times I thought they did pretty well in the end (all things considered).

Sagna was good.

Silva looks hot (in a football sense) and as cute as a button (according to my wife)

Swiss

Oh yeah, that old chestnut "According to my wife"...

So what was Delph's injury?

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

Ohhh... could be out for a wee while then

Rowley Birkin QC

Might be - but hopefully not.

Described as a "strain"on the official site rather than a tear. Amazing how quickly they get players back from strains these days.

Swiss

I guess he'll be getting a scan done and then they'll know

andy1966

I only saw bits on the news but already Sterling is diving like a bitch , not what city need,why the hell did they waste £50 million on him ?
if he stayed on his feet , he might just get a cross in ,or even score a goal , but no he would rather cheat , and ruin the clubs reputation

Swiss

Goals from the Real game

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: andy1966 on July 24, 2015, 21:58:20
...and ruin the clubs reputation

What reputation? Everyone hates us already!

Swiss

Well it's not exactly hurt Utd, Liverpool and the 1000's of european clubs...

I know we like to be honest and it's a noble trait, I don't like to see it either. But we get killed in europe with these tactics

andy1966