News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sterling

Started by Swiss, August 01, 2015, 23:14:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

So, how do you rate him so far? (I know it's only preseason).

Vs Roma
D-2-2 Scorer Sterling first goal. Should have had 1 penalty. The other looked like a dive.

Vs Real Madrid
L-4-1 Scorer Yaya, Sterling won penalty, even if it wasn't a pen, but it also wasn't a dive or sterlings fault.

Vs Vietnam
W-8-1: Scored 2, (Lee)won pen x 1, 1 x assist

Vs Stuttgart
L- 4-2: Assist x 2

4 games: 3 goals: 3 assists: Won 2 pens (so technically 5 assists)

gavin

Looks like he could be class but cut out the diving.

Ludo

Let him dive all he wants. Why should we miss out on what other teams get away with game after game.

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on August 01, 2015, 23:14:10
So, how do you rate him so far? (I know it's only preseason).

will opinionate at Xmas

Stephen Paul

he will have to stop diving or he will get hounded even more

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on August 02, 2015, 00:19:17
Let him dive all he wants. Why should we miss out on what other teams get away with game after game.

He just needs to get a bit better at it ;)

Ludo

Practice makes perfect.

Stephen Paul

He will be the most hated player in England no matter what he does

Chippy_Tea

I think most fans didn't want him more because of the price than his talent or lack of it, it is looking like it could turn out to be the best signing we have made in a long time.

Swiss

I wasn't sure of either the Price or the talent, but he's been one of our best players in preseason so no complaints really.

andy1966

Fookin seasons not started yet and he's already ahead of Franny Lee on penalties  :)
don't like him , cant believe they bought him and for such a ridiculous amount of money

lee

when he played for the dippers i thought he a right twot and didnt like him at all..only because i knew deep down he was pretty good and a total threat..

now he's wearing our shirt im backing him 100%..he plays for manchester city now...get behind the kid

Chippy_Tea

Quote from: lee on August 05, 2015, 11:18:37
when he played for the dippers i thought he a right twot and didnt like him at all..only because i knew deep down he was pretty good and a total threat..

now he's wearing our shirt im backing him 100%..he plays for manchester city now...get behind the kid

I agree and my hatred for the dippers runs a close second to the rags, he is here and i think he will turn out to be a great signing. (still too much money)

Rowley Birkin QC

Bloody hell - are we still talking about Sterling?

I'm struggling to remember the last high profile City signing that divided the fans so much.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 05, 2015, 15:05:38
Bloody hell - are we still talking about Sterling?

I'm struggling to remember the last high profile City signing that divided the fans so much.

I've no idea why there's a division tbh, Rowley. He adds a different dimension to our attack and his pre-season form suggests that the link-up between him, Silva and Aguero is going to be exciting to watch.

As for the fee, well in these days of huge TV deals it's inevitable that selling clubs are going to hold out for top dollar, especially for English players. 

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm increasingly bewildered by it all. I thought he looked an obvious good prospect during his break-out season at the bindippers and while he struggled a bit last season in a much weakened bindipper team, I've seen nothing to change my mind. And having watched him live now - even more so.

Strange how the nay-sayers seem less interested in his abilities as a footballer and more irritated by his off-field activities and the size of his fee! I'm not saying these things are totally irrelevant (some aspects of his off-field activities will certainly have to be monitored) but surely we're looking at a talented young footballer joining our team here?

Right now - the only issue that needs addressing as far as I can see is getting him to stay on his feet more, and as I posted a few days ago - I think Aguero will show him the way on that score (by example)

Swiss

I feel a bit sorry for that Ibe player that all the shit-house LfC "legends" are spinning that he's better than Sterling. They're going to put too much pressure on him from the start.

As for Sterling, I'm looking forward to him starring in attack :) I wasn't too keen when we were signing him, but he's proven that he could be very good for us in preseason.

nimrod

As with any signing Swisso, time will tell

Id be interested in a sort of pie chart showing the number of successes of our purchases since we became rich, against the number of bad buys, I mean what is the ratio ?

Ludo

That would depend on how you measure success.

Take a player like Bellamy - not universally liked, no trophies won at City but could still be deemed to be a successful signing, same with Robinho to an extent.

Then there's players like Nasri - widely hailed when he signed, 2 league trophies, a league cup and pretty much detested now.

Swiss

I don't mind Nasri, I think we just use him in the wrong position

gavin

I don't think there's many that detest Nasri. Poor season last season by his own admission but been a good player for City over the years and still can contribute I'm sure. I've heard a few slag him off but most City fans I speak to don't have a particular issue with him.

goat

he goes missing too often and never forget his efforts in the wall against the rags

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on August 06, 2015, 21:12:54
I don't think there's many that detest Nasri. Poor season last season by his own admission but been a good player for City over the years and still can contribute I'm sure. I've heard a few slag him off but most City fans I speak to don't have a particular issue with him.

Good player on his day but he doesn't perform often enough for me. Further to goat's comment he went MIA at Anfield among others last season and then there were the hacks against CSKA and Barca where he looked determined to get himself sent off but failed. On the whole if we get De Bruyne I'd cheerfully move him on as I think he could be disruptive if he's not getting regular games.

nimrod

not keen on Nasri, agree with what Goatinho bollocks and Brendo said

A lot of people reckon he doesnt do well for us as we tend to play him wide, but when Merlin has been out he hasnt stepped up to the plate

bry the guy

can we get back to the pie please i like pie what kind of pie will it be?????????????meat or fruit i dont mind as long as its gravy on meat and custard on fruit.

andy1966

I also like Nasri(with onion gravy not custard )

clevblue

Nasri promised to work hard in pre-season and make a big statement this year. That was after he declared undying love for Wenger - will be interesting to see what happens

alexsam

Looking forward to going west brom on Monday to see sterling in action

He is what we have needed for a few seasons. Pace and direct

Neil Mcnab

Nasri, all action, superb first game. Pretty much downhill from then. Get rid.