News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City or All Football..

Started by Chippy_Tea, September 02, 2015, 20:41:33

Previous topic - Next topic

City or All football

City - i have no interest in other teams.
3 (27.3%)
All football.
4 (36.4%)
City and Premier league games.
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on September 02, 2015, 22:08:32

so whats aussie rules called?

Football

Quote from: nimrod on September 02, 2015, 22:23:04
they only bother about it down there in Victoria

That's only because the two Queensland AFL teams are struggling at the moment. You fickle lot were all over AFL back in 2001 - 2003 when the Brisbane Lions won three Premierships in a row. You've regressed back to Thugby now...

Anyway - we digress.... the question was City or all football?

As far as watching 'proper' football is concerned - over here in Aus we get plenty of choice should we want it. All the EPL matches are shown live, as well as the occasional Championship or FA Cup game, plus a fair bit of European coverage and a few MLS soccer games from the USA. There's also the local A-League, which might be of a very variable standard but it does cough up an entertaining contest now and then. 

I watch predominantly City - but most weeks I might catch at least one other Prem game, especially if there's something in the game that interests me (the result or a particular player). I'll even watch the rags from time to time if I think there's a good chance of them tripping up (which these days is quite often  :D )  Otherwise it's the occasional European match or more recently I might look in on Melbourne City in the A-League.

Don't do a lot of international football - except at World Cups, and even then I pick and choose what I watch.

That's all TV of course. I see so little live football these days I'll grab what ever I can. Over in the UK in April I happily trotted off to watch Cheadle Heath Nomads v Poynton in the Stockport & District Seniors Cup Final. Had a great time.

lee

only city and the team my lad plays for...

im not arsed about matches on the telly..sunday i might watch them if im not busy but nothing compares to watching city..the feeling and buzz from city is the same i have had since i was kid..its the only pleasure in life that stays the same.

Chippy_Tea

Quote from: bluebrendan on September 03, 2015, 00:37:27
Need another option in between the two. I don't watch all football but will watch other PL games now and then, even watching the rags has been highly enjoyable at times over the last few seasons.

I have added one and reset the counter, could everyone vote again, thanks.

reddishblue

If I was a cynic I'd be doubtful this election is entirely democratic.

alexsam

Watch all city games and have most other games on especially on a Sunday but to say I 100% interested in them is pushing it. usually waiting for the key moments

Enjoyed watching utd crumble last week

Victoria

Quote from: Swiss on September 02, 2015, 21:22:25
What if City are playing the rags at "Soccer"?

Do you use masking tape so you don't see them?

That is the only time I watch the Rags. If they play any other team and the game is on Tv, I shall not watch them.

nimrod

Hey Ken have you noticed how Aussies 'aren't bothered' about cricket

all of a fucking sudden

:D

Rowley Birkin QC

:D Yes.

At least women's cricket benefited because suddenly the women's Ashes was all the media here wanted to talk about!