News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Match Thread Swansea

Started by 93:2012, November 22, 2014, 14:12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Aguero

SUBS Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Lampard, Fernando, Milner, Pozo

I like set up, C'mon City.

citoeast

One down after 6 minutes of total disarray at the back. Ahh remember the days we were a TEAM not just 11 players.

Ludo

We truly are shite at the minute.

Lekos

citoeast

A real aggressive attacking ball into the box, holy shit.

1  1

Well done Navas and Jovetic.

andy1966

The manager has a squad of some of the worlds top  players , and he cant even organise them to beat Swansea

Oh Dear ! >:(

citoeast

Good reaction from players after usual shit slow dozy could not care start.

citoeast

Yaya awakens and the world shakes yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

2  1 

citoeast

A win is a win but we are going backwards and our defence is absolutely shocking.

Monk made a tactical change and we lost control of the game, nearly conceded twice and to a degree we were clinging on towards the end.

Pelle only acted in response in the 88th minute.

We are seriously weak in certain areas and not half the team we were.

clevblue

Not a great effort from us, a win but not convincing. still giving balls away for fun

shandon

Better than QPR or West Ham and at least we're starting to win some home games.

Swiss

After 10 mins Swansea started putting more and more behind the ball.

Not pitch perfect but there were plenty of positives

gavin

I thought we improved somewhat on recent performances after a poor start. We didn't give the ball away quite as much until near the end and we seemed to have a bit more purpose going forward. Navas was improved, including setting up  the first goal. We actually managed to play the ball inside the full back for him on a couple of occasions too though he didn't make enough of it and he should really have scored when Sergio passed to him. but he wasn't the only one to squander a chance to kill the game. It was just nice to see him properly contributing to the game again.

Overall I see today as a step back to form. Not a leap but heading in the right direction at least until we started giving the ball away again at the end. That is what we really must stamp out and before Tuesday. I can't see Bayern Munich missing the opportunities we gifted Swansea at the end. Still City deserved to win and did.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on November 22, 2014, 18:14:02
I thought we improved somewhat on recent performances after a poor start.

My thoughts as well. I said in the prediction thread that it might be an "unconvincing" 2-1 win, but it was a bit better than that. More of a team effort on show, and one or two even looked as if they were trying to impress in the absence of others. Good to see Fernandinho get an effective start, Navas more involved, Zabaleta more like his old self, Clichy OK, and I was encouraged by Nasri's performance today - much better from him. 

My main complaint (aside from the defending for Swansea's goal) was the way our positive attitude steadily spluttered out over the last 20 minutes once we got the lead and our lazy disinterested side crept into view again. Sure, we still created some good chances for a third goal, but not nearly enough, and as the passes started going astray and players were caught in possession none of us would have ruled out a Swansea equaliser.