News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CITY at Rags Thread

Started by KunDB, October 25, 2015, 12:59:30

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Excitement building. I feel positive today. We should be up for this game and playing our best football.

C'mon City

KunDB

Team news

Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, De Bruyne, Bony

Subs:

Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Roberts, Navas, Iheanacho

KunDB

I think Kompany Otamendi will be more solid.

Worry is Bony up front.

gavin

I'd have gone with Vinny and Mangala. Unusual for Pelle to go for a more defensive option of the two Ferns. Navas pace will worry them off the bench though if necessary.

gavin

Sagna has done well this season for it not to be much of a surprise he starts ahead of Zabba.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Glad he's started the two ferns. I'm happy with that line up and we have navas, Roberts and nacho to switch around if need be

bluepill

Utd winning a lot of the 1 on 1s it's a close game with no space

gavin

Not a great half. Clattenberg being a bit more generous to them as usual. City looking slightly more likely to score. De Bruyne not got going yet but I've a feeling it is just a matter of time before he does something world class again.

bry the guy

Can see Navas coming on to streach the rags defence and De Bruyne given a free role.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Think sterling will be off first if anyone

Lekos

Yaya has done fuck all. Sack him off, KDB in the middle and (dare I say it) bring Navas on the right.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Get Bony off for fooks sake. Stick Kev up top n nacho on the left

Lekos

Rags all over us. We've done fuck all this half. Can't see us even getting a point if this continues.

goat

has  anything actually happened? fucking dull this

Lekos

Lekos

Nothing has happened because we don't seem to be able to pass the ball outside our own half.

goat

no dave silver, no ideas at all

Lekos

Nope. And Yaya replaced in midfield by an ageing central defender. Says it all.

goat

to be fair martin is quicker than yaya

Lekos

And cries less. I'd love to know how many times we've given the ball away. Maybe numbers don't go that high.

gavin

Poor indeed going forward but relatively decent at the back at least. It's disappointing but suits us more than the scum.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on October 25, 2015, 13:29:35
I'd have gone with Vinny and Mangala. Unusual for Pelle to go for a more defensive option of the two Ferns. Navas pace will worry them off the bench though if necessary.

I'm still not keen on Mangala, he's got a mistake in him every match

bry the guy

Happy to get a clean sheet.

KunDB

Otamendi played a stormer today.

Swiss

It's still that central mid that's causing us problems.

And why on earth aren't we dictating matches!

It's ok having the Ferns in the team, but not with a languid yaya too

I thought Bony was quite decent in the first half... as a Midfielder!

KunDB

If we played for 90 days Bony still would not score, worrying.

bry the guy

Both teams made very few chances so cant blame Bony for that.

Kilkenny Blue

Bereft of any flair or ideas, de Bruyne marked out of it.  Worst I've seen Kolorov play in ages

goat

tonys african lovechild did more in 8 minutes than yaya and bony all day

Kilkenny Blue

aye, was hoping he'd be brought on at half time

Swiss

There wasn't much support from midfield for Bony

When is Delph supposed to be fit? be interesting to see what he can bring to the table

Neil Mcnab

Decent draw.
Toure should have been binned off in the summer.

bry the guy

That was our first 0-0 in1 3235689070 games.

zacc

they see as two points lost whereas City gain a point and at the top still

bluebrendan

Well that was turgid stuff. On the plus side we didn't lose and we looked more solid defensively, on the minus side our passing was abysmal, I gave up counting how often de Bruyne gave the ball away but at least he was due a poor game after his recent efforts. I'm not sure what Toure's excuse was, we took his defensive duties away and he still looked knackered after 45 minutes.

Rowley Birkin QC

With the injuries and all, I'll take a point - although I couldn't help thinking if we'd just found a bit more guile and some better passing we would have caused them a lot of problems. The rags defend well, and they're workman like in midfield - but they don't have much more to offer.

I wouldn't be too hard on Bony. I lost count of the number of times he went to compete for a difficult 50/50 ball punted up to him and Yaya was just standing watching... 20 yards away. Can't do much against a good defence if you don't get the close support.

silvablue

In most big games we concede midfield, even today when the two ferns played.

The reason is simple, you cannot carry passengers and that is what Yaya is.

bry the guy

I felt we just dint turn up it was just crap.

nimrod

They dont lose many at home so without Dave & Kun Im happy with a point

Its amazing people go on about how our squad is stuffed with world class players but a couple of injuries and our squad looks thin

The sheik is gonna have to splash big time again if we want to be big time

clevblue

I think Yaya has personal issues, this game comes after his complaints in the French press, it happened before after his birthday complaints. He'll probably get his head straight and start playing well again (off and on)

It may sound daft but I don't think its wide of the mark.

Silva and Serge would've buried the Rags yesterday, think of that, Van Gaal

Stephen Paul

Although a point is always good at that shithole we should have taken all 3 if we had of turned up.
Poor performance

ebm1991

is it me or does Bony run in slow motion?

Negredo not on the bench for the past two games and has fallen out with the manager at Valencia for criticizing tactics!
get him on loan in January until end of season.

Stephen Paul

Bony doesn't look interested at all

bluebrendan

Quote from: ebm1991 on October 26, 2015, 11:23:01
is it me or does Bony run in slow motion?

It's not you, he really isn't suited to a team set up to play on the counter as we were yesterday. Iheanacho or Sterling as the central striker would have been better options, at least they have the pace to worry a defence. Combine Bony's lack of mobility with Yaya's lack of any drive and it's no surprise we created sod all.

alexsam

Managed to get a couple of tickets and to be honest wish  hadn't bothered, it was dull.

Our fans were good again in creating any atmosphere but they were their usual shit.

I just do not see Bony doing it at city

on wednesday give the young lad a full game

lee

i agree with alex about bony..he looks like he's stuck in mud when he runs