News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bosnian Diamond v Bony

Started by gavin, November 12, 2015, 08:10:56

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I'm not entirely convinced we made the right decision to lose Edin for this guy. I favour Edin at the moment. Bony has scored goals but I tend to think Edin would have had more from the chances and was more likely to score special goals too. Still time for Bony to improve though.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

With kun's injury history it wouldn't have done any harm to keep both

ebm1991

this article is in my opinion very true.

http://www.soccernews.com/could-manchester-city-call-time-early-on-wilfried-bonys-spell-at-the-etihad/185310/

here is a snip.:
"City are a mix of pace, power and technical ability, but Bony surprisingly doesn’t fit in. He looks cumbersome in possession and reacts too slowly to play going on around him. The 26-year-old doesn’t have the vision of his world-class teammates, and his finishing has been worrying. If Bony can’t score goals, he’s little use to Manchester City in place of Aguero, let alone if he‘s not fit to play on occasion"

nimrod

Quote from: ebm1991 on November 12, 2015, 09:35:50
this article is in my opinion very true.

http://www.soccernews.com/could-manchester-city-call-time-early-on-wilfried-bonys-spell-at-the-etihad/185310/

here is a snip.:
"City are a mix of pace, power and technical ability, but Bony surprisingly doesn’t fit in. He looks cumbersome in possession and reacts too slowly to play going on around him. The 26-year-old doesn’t have the vision of his world-class teammates, and his finishing has been worrying. If Bony can’t score goals, he’s little use to Manchester City in place of Aguero, let alone if he‘s not fit to play on occasion"

which begs the question, why did we buy him ?

Rowley Birkin QC

I would have thought the real question to ask would be did he look cumbersome and slow when he was at Swansea?

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 12, 2015, 10:01:50
I would have thought the real question to ask would be did he look cumbersome and slow when he was at Swansea?

Hard to judge really. Different players around him, different style of play.  I'd say his play hasn't changed much from Swansea, but we expected him to kick on more than he has.

Rowley Birkin QC

Probably fair comment Lekos with regard to him "kicking on", but I do sometimes wonder if Bony would have got more goals if only Navas' final delivery was a little better! In which case we might not be having this discussion.

Bony looked OK at Swansea - certainly quick enough back then and a good finisher, but oddly seems to have lost some edge off his speed since he joined us. His first touch is certainly better than Dzeko's ever was - but then again - not by that much! So I think Bony is a limited player. Dzeko was more instinctive and less predictable. Truth is, neither player is quite good enough to be our second striker (although I have a lot of time for Dzeko and what he did for us)

bluebrendan

Don't discount the effect of the malaria Bony suffered from in the summer, it must be quite a debilitating illness.

bry the guy

I like him,he gets into the positions to score and most times his efforts are on target but get unlucky deflections.Edin`s efforts could go anywhere.

Swiss

I don't think his touch is bad but I do think he's lacking fitness and confidence. Poss cause we don't play him when kun is in the team.

What we need is kun mark two. We therefore that's bringing a couple of youth strikers through the system and moulding them into a kun type. Or going out and buying a similar player... not that I'm sure who that it.

goat

should never have got rid of paul walsh

Swiss

He's just this years Lee Bradbury

bry the guy

Paul Walsh was miles better than Lee Bradbury.

Victoria

I am not going to judge Bonny or compare him as he is quality in his own right. However, from what I have seen so far of him - City does not seem to be the right fit for him :(

Lekos

Quote from: Tori on November 13, 2015, 20:29:04
I am not going to judge Bonny or compare him as he is quality in his own right. However, from what I have seen so far of him - City does not seem to be the right fit for him :(

That's a judgement  :D