News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Saints

Started by KunDB, November 28, 2015, 13:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

I'm hoping Merlin will be back today, oh how we have missed him. I'm also hoping the team can be arsed to play with intent today. Not so sure they will.

Waiting for team sheet, which might be interesting given our injuries list. Behind Utd is just nowhere near good enough, players should be embarrassed.

C'mon City lets see the best of you today.

Rowley Birkin QC

David Silva is on the bench. Sterling starts

KunDB

Man City starting eleven
13 Caballero
3 Sagna
30 Otamendi
26 Demichelis
11 Kolarov
18 Delph
25 Fernandinho
17 De Bruyne
42 Y Touré
7 Sterling
10 Agüero
Southampton starting eleven
22 Stekelenburg
3 Yoshida
6 Fonte
17 van Dijk
21 Bertrand
12 Wanyama
14 Romeu
8 Davis
16 Ward-Prowse
10 Mané

goat

starting 10 more like, cheers yaya you old cnut

http://firstrows.org/soccer/manchester-city-southampton-fc-frs121fb3?l=1365915315
it works but its in yankanese, so expect someone to get shot

oh, its canadian, better

Lekos

Lekos

Swiss

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Why hasn't wanyama been booked yet for two professional fowls?

Lekos

Quote from: BBM on November 28, 2015, 15:23:11
Why hasn't wanyama been booked yet for two professional fowls?

Which one?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

ha ha! Your spelling is atrocious at the best of times so you can't blame fat thumbs!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Rowley Birkin QC

All right so far, after a brisk start. Another goal should kill this off. We do however still look vulnerable to a well timed ball over the top, and Yaya can't keep letting opponents drift past him like he's not there!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

A well timed ball over the top like that one Ken?

Swiss

Bloody hell, how long a advantage to you give...

Swiss

Let's hope silva replaces yaya but is suspect it'll be delph

Rowley Birkin QC

Tricky Trev

This Demichelis guy is pretty good. It's getting pretty hard to watch city nowadays.

Rowley Birkin QC

The principal problem here is their players are quicker than ours!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

Great finish.

Not sure we should ever play the nando's together

Rowley Birkin QC

Not sure I'd be risking Silva in this

Swiss

Is pellers afraid of subbing yaya....

Rowley Birkin QC

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Should have took lard arse off and kept Delph on and the two ferns

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 28, 2015, 16:34:13
Not sure I'd be risking Silva in this

Could have been an ideal opportunity to play sterling kdb and silva together for the first time

Tricky Trev

Another poor team effort, but individual skill wins us another game most likely. The team is all over the place, soton could and should had a couple of goals. Why does it never change?

Swiss

Does bony not look arsed to anyone else???

Swiss

Quote from: TrickyTrev on November 28, 2015, 16:43:12
Another poor team effort, but individual skill wins us another game most likely. The team is all over the place, soton could and should had a couple of goals. Why does it never change?

Did you watch the game???

Lekos

He's a wind up merchant, Swiss. Just click on the ignore thing.

Bony really disappointing again.

Swiss

He is the only player you could say didn't try

Rowley Birkin QC

A few shaky moments, but really a comfortable win in spite of not playing well at times.

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh - and Cab made some good saves.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Oto, Bac and Delph were really good

Tricky Trev

Bony is a class act.

If you guys believe it was a solid win you should check the statistics and the amount of times city had trouble defending. I know you're used to it now because city's been shakey for ages, but it ain't exactly pretty and not very solid by a supposedly top 4 team. Soton was very near to equalize before city out of nowhere put 3-1, comfortable vs a mid table team my ass.

Swiss

Thought delph showed why we needed a proper box to box mid

Yes cab did make some good saves but wasn't that impressed with his punches

Swiss

Quote from: Lekos on November 28, 2015, 16:49:42
He's a wind up merchant, Swiss. Just click on the ignore thing.

Bony really disappointing again.

First person on my ignore list!!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: TrickyTrev on November 28, 2015, 17:00:51
Bony is a class act.

If you guys believe it was a solid win you should check the statistics and the amount of times city had trouble defending. I know you're used to it now because city's been shakey for ages, but it ain't exactly pretty and not very solid by a supposedly top 4 team. Soton was very near to equalize before city out of nowhere put 3-1, comfortable vs a mid table team my ass.

It wasn't solid, but it was comfortable and the team worked hard (the ivory coast chuckle brothers exempt).

Any decent team would have taken the advantage and got at least a point.

Swiss

we were 2-0 up and they should have had a player sent off and a pen to us

Swiss

I also don't think the ref should have pulled back play for their first

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The commentator on my stream was comparing the saints handball in the box with fernandinhos who was stood up straight in a natural position. nob.

Swiss

Was it a yank? Said both were sending offs... not sure about that one, there were 3 city players behind him.

Tend to agree that nando's arm was moving towards the ball though.

Both pens. Southampton one was a red card though

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'd say ferns was ball to hand as he was going across the face of goal and his arms were facing down so I dont see it as an obstruction at all where like you said it was definitely a saints red card.

Swiss

I thought that yes nando kept his hand by his side, his elbow poke out to deflect it. We'll have to watch it again!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Indeed.

Ref was a bit crap n all

KunDB

A win is a win and three points, but once again a sketchy performance at times. Consistency wins leagues and I am nit sure we have enough consistency game to game, and within games.

gavin

It was all about three points on the board today and we got that quite comfortably. Not the greatest performance or game but we did enough, won 3-1, and I enjoyed it. Roll on Stoke next week where again if we get three points then that is it for me.

gavin

Oh aye fucking despicable that their fans sing about Sergio being injured again. I hope they had a long horrible journey back after getting fuck all. Southampton and fans are well up the list of hatred for me.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Swiss on November 28, 2015, 17:15:27
I also don't think the ref should have pulled back play for their first

Like I said - wasn't even a foul (by Kolarov)

Neil Mcnab

Great to see some energy in midfield, Delph was a breath of fresh air. I think Yaya has realised there is genuine competition for places and by Yayas standards put a shift in. Unfortunately he no longer appears to have the pace to leave opposition players in his wake anymore. Can anyone have any confidence in Cabellero? The most troubling part of the game was every time Kun went over, almost felt like I was watching Jack Wishere, waiting for the inevitable injury.

3 points was the main thing.

bry the guy

The main thing i keep seeing is, we take off like a bat out of hell then after 20 or 30 mins they suss us out and then it seems we don't have a clue what the fuck to do....its like the game plan has just gone or we don't have anther one.

Rowley Birkin QC

Spot on bry. And it's been going on for more than a season now. We go a goal or two up and then start to coast. It's like we think we've done enough, let's take it easy and worry about the next game. Not surprisingly opponents sense this and get stuck into us - and when this happens we invariably seem to be taken by surprise by it. I've long since lost count of these games where opposition teams up the energy and get in our faces about a third of the way into a game but we appear incapable of lifting our tempo to match them.  We usually have to concede a goal or two before we finally wake up.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that a lot of it has to do with a lack of leadership on the field.

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 29, 2015, 01:18:31
Spot on bry. And it's been going on for more than a season now. We go a goal or two up and then start to coast. It's like we think we've done enough, let's take it easy and worry about the next game. Not surprisingly opponents sense this and get stuck into us - and when this happens we invariably seem to be taken by surprise by it. I've long since lost count of these games where opposition teams up the energy and get in our faces about a third of the way into a game but we appear incapable of lifting our tempo to match them.  We usually have to concede a goal or two before we finally wake up.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that a lot of it has to do with a lack of leadership on the field.

and leadership off the field cannot be overlooked for criticism.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on November 29, 2015, 01:24:23
and leadership off the field cannot be overlooked for criticism.

top of the league and your moaning about the manager..un fookin real!!

Swiss

To be fair I question some of the decisions Pellers makes, or doesn't make.

I thought his subs changed us for the worse.

Delph might not be match fit which means we need a new B2B midfielder in Jan to help out.
Subbing on Fernando meant our midfield was packed with two holding midfielders and a player who doesn't have the legs anymore.

Bringing on Silva for Sterling meant that natural width on the left was lost as Silva naturally comes inside. He should have come on for Yaya.

I get the Aguero Bony sub, but feck me, he's a player short on confidence and or can't be arsed. Up to the management team to help him. But Nacho would have been more effective even if he'd just run around like a headless chicken.

The overall quality of the players is getting us through most matches, I question wether Pellers knows what he's doing. So sayeth the armchair fan.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 29, 2015, 08:35:55
top of the league and your moaning about the manager..un fookin real!!

Moaning is your word. Critical is mine and top of the league only matters when you cannot be caught anymore. Only fools do not analyse and seek improvement, even when dominant or winning. Standing still is a recipe for a loser.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on November 29, 2015, 13:31:25
Moaning is your word. Critical is mine and top of the league only matters when you cannot be caught anymore. Only fools do not analyse and seek improvement, even when dominant or winning. Standing still is a recipe for a loser.

ok i stand corrected but being critical of what??

im happy we are top of the league at this stage of the season..or would you prefer we was in the same position as chelsea?
ok we have been a bit shit in some games but all teams go through sticky patches and we have had some terrible injuries..

as for calling me a fool..you should know better  cito!!

Swiss

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 29, 2015, 14:41:24
ok i stand corrected but being critical of what??

im happy we are top of the league at this stage of the season..or would you prefer we was in the same position as chelsea?
ok we have been a bit shit in some games but all teams go through sticky patches and we have had some terrible injuries..

as for calling me a fool..you should know better  cito!!

I did not intend to call you a fool Lee, more a general reference. I am certain you are no fool, but ban away if you consider my post to be (unintended) personal abuse.

Like you I am happy too that we are top, albeit on goal difference tied on points with Leicester, one point ahead of a woeful Man Utd, so lets not get too carried away. 

I'm not happy we are getting 100% from the players nor MPs man management or tactical nous, at times. 

Look at some statistics. 14 games played in PL 9 wins 3 defeats, 2 draws, one point ahead of, as I said above, a woeful Rags team, trashed by Liverpool at our home ground, beaten by Juve home and away in what was almost certainly the decider for top spot in our CL group. An average of 2.07 points per game in PL. 38 x 2.07 = 78.7 extrapolated for the season means we would be well below the total that normally wins the PL title, mid to high 80 points. Why should I be happy with that. In particular, losing should be a rare exception for such a hugely talented squad. Consistency should be our trademark while the Eitihad should be a fortress. Already lost at home to Juve, West Ham, Liverpool this season at the Eitihad.

For a squad with this much talent that is pretty poor return so far, in the PL. Just take a look at how Barca and Bayern Munich are dominating their leagues and the sheer consistency they display. 

I think that gives me a right to be critical and not just toe a 'we are too good to criticise' type line. I'm pretty sure our Chairman and Board will be critical, and wondering why we have not seized the opportunity to dominate such a poor PL season and put some daylight between us and the rest.

I still think we will win, a clearly below average PL, mind.

My views, maybe not every ones, but hey that's life. and that's football.

bry the guy

Fook me we are top of the league,all the other clubs fans thinking like you would say what a fooking wanker im glad that twot dosnt support us fuck the twot off.
Im guessing our management team and OWNERS are very happy we are top and above the rags but there is pleasing some arsholes.note i didnt name any names so i cant be band Citoeast/zabba oops.

shit im going to get my first ban.

KunDB

Quote from: bry the guy on November 30, 2015, 01:34:26
Fook me we are top of the league,all the other clubs fans thinking like you would say what a fooking wanker im glad that twot dosnt support us fuck the twot off.
Im guessing our management team and OWNERS are very happy we are top and above the rags but there is pleasing some arsholes.note i didnt name any names so i cant be band Citoeast/zabba oops.

shit im going to get my first ban.

You are of course right Bry. We are perfection the big 4 trophies are as good as ours this year, PL all over and done for this year.

Yaya player of the year. MP manager of the year. Bony runner up player of the year. No complaints please accept my apology for seeking improvements in the team. Top at end of November is perfection. I am a moan. Sincere apology.

lee

whats with all this banning talk?
i dont wanna ban anyone from this site..unless your a rag

KunDB

Oh I forgot our defence is a model for others to admire and aim to emulate.

I do not mind the odd ban Lee breaks up the tranquillity sometimes and creates a bit of excitement. But do not ban Bry for speaking his mind, no need, no offence taken.

Lekos

gavin

I think this set of players could be doing a lot better. They are a long way ahead of any other squad in terms of total talent. We have had a number of key injuries. However it is also clear that the manager has problems organising the defence. We play a positive game which is great but we could do that and still defend better than we do. It frustrates me at times that we don't reach our potential. But you have to retain some sense of who we are and not expect to win every game easily with an air of arrogance like the rags. This is obviously the best era that City has ever had now, enjoy it. We are the best team in the country, playing the best football. We could be better still but don't let that spoil your enjoyment because this era of success and great football probably won't last forever. I know quite a few people who are probably better suited to the City of old. They like moaning about how crap were are. We win 5-0 and still it's not good enough. It doesn't bother me, I like a good moan too. But for the most part I'm gonna enjoy us being clearly better and more entertaining than the scum.

Rowley Birkin QC

I love what City are doing now. The owners - the respect and the investment they have put into the club and Manchester. The players we've brought in are beyond anything I'd ever hoped to see playing for City again (at least not all at the same time!) Two Premierships and a couple of Cups. Wow. Just - wow! I'm grateful my late Dad lived to see it.

Not that there isn't something to moan about. My only frustration is you can almost feel we are but a step or two away from being a very good team to becoming one of the greats. Perhaps just a classy player or two short at the moment, a bit more self confidence and concentration, and maybe some better leadership on the pitch? And yes - Pellegrini's team selections baffle me sometimes.

Nothing wrong with moaning - it's keeping a sense of proportion that's important.

clevblue

Yes, it's frustrating to watch expecting good football and you see it from the other team! :-)

Other clubs go all out when they face us and the frustration on the faces of our lads when they've been playing for 40 minutes against 10 defenders and can't get a goal is regularly seen. Mancini used to say " they have to find a way through" they've got the talent and the wages after all!

I just keep thinking the second half of the season will see us grow in pace and stature- things always change after Christmas

clevblue

Stature in the world, not In the league, I mean

bluebrendan

I'll moan when we concede sloppy goals whatever the eventual result is because it does my head in but maybe that's just me.

Swiss

It's all good fun innit!

nimrod

Moaning is part of the game.............and the older you get the more you do it.

Yeah were all very very glad to be top of the league but who's not gonna moan about Yaya being so feckin lazy?

Mate of mine told me Stalybridge Celtic are very pleased to have earned 24,000 quid from their mini FA cup run this season

lets see, thats about a days pay for the privilege of employing Bony

Then theres the Roque award for the perpetually injured

whats there not to moan about ?