News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City away at The Potters

Started by KunDB, December 05, 2015, 12:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, De Bruyne, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Bony

C'mon City

KunDB

Subs: Caballero, Navas, Kelechi, Delph, Garcia, Clichy, Humphreys

gavin

Slightly surprised that Delph doesn't start but I assume he will Tuesday. I see this as an absolutely crucial game though. We need to have a great run through December.

Rowley Birkin QC

Well I suppose we can all take some comfort from the fact that Peter Crouch isn't playing.

Ludo

If Fernando is a footballer I'm the fucking Pope

Rowley Birkin QC

Two missed tackles - two goals conceded

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 05, 2015, 13:03:14
If Fernando is a footballer I'm the fucking Pope

if Bony is a striker...

Rowley Birkin QC

Being totally out played here - so far...

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 05, 2015, 13:21:53
Being totally out played here - so far...

I would not dare to be negative on here, criticism of manager or team is an absolute no, no.

Rowley Birkin QC

ebm1991

ebm1991

Nothing happening down the wings

Stephen Paul

gavin

Absolutely disgraceful performance first half. I was never under any illusions that we would defend well but that was a joke.

KunDB

Outplayed by our former manager who has set up his team to expose our glaring weaknesses and lack of organisation at the back.

We could and probably should be 4 down.

Swiss

Organisationally, we're shit.

We can't play the nando's together, but we knew that anyway!

KunDB

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on December 05, 2015, 13:34:53
Absolutely disgraceful performance first half. I was never under any illusions that we would defend well but that was a joke.

Spot on Gavin, losing is one thing, this defending is an entirely different thing and is down to team selection, organisation and set up, which is appalling. No balance.

Rowley Birkin QC

I suppose the dilemma here is do we ditch Bony for Kelechi? I don't see we have that much to lose now - might as well give Kelechi a good go.

The other question is Navas for Sterling,

The no brainer is Delph for Fernando.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on December 05, 2015, 13:36:11
Bony does not select Bony, Pellegrini does.

brilliant answer that!!

KunDB

Delph on yes.

Kelechi yes.

Navas no.

It is not all over but I fear Pelle reacts too slow too late to events.

We need to attack from a solid base in defence, Pelle just does not get that.

C'mon City.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on December 05, 2015, 13:40:39
brilliant answer that!!

I despair in Pelegrini's faith and belief in proven failed players like Bony (and some from the past) and his insistence on keeping on playing them.

We all want Bony to suceed but we all can see he just is not up to the job.

gavin

I honestly don't see City getting anything out of this at all. Whenever we have threatened they have almost immediately had an easier chance to score again.

Rowley Birkin QC

Our tempo certainly needs to lift - with quicker decision making and more accurate passing. Stoke are simply out running us most of the time. More energy needed - harder work - get into the fuckers.

Rowley Birkin QC

No changes then - Pellers has some balls (or he's stupid)

ebm1991

Not seen good in Bony at all in a City shirt.

Rowley Birkin QC

I can't remember when I last saw us consistently pass the ball this badly - over and over again.

Lekos

Didn't watch the first half, but it was obviously shit.

From what I've seen in the second half, defence is a shambles, Stoke second guessing our passes in the final third, Bony is pish and Sterling is an off the bench player (at the moment).

I hope the above all changes very quickly.

Ludo

Why's he taking Fernandinho off?

Lekos

Ludo

The one thing we lack in midfield is a bit of hustle and Fernando certainly doesn't have that.

Ludo

Silva off, so now we have to play 3 different systems inside 15 minutes....

goat

Lekos

Bloody hell. Should be 3 down there.

goat

was never a fan of mancini but at least he flapped his arms a bit and shouted, pelle looks tired and confused

Ludo

Was going to say we're down to ten men but we already were.

Lekos

And now fernando is off. Should have been subbed ages ago.

Down to 10, absolutely shambolic.

Swiss

Why are we pumping long balls in this wind...

Rowley Birkin QC

Because our players have little brains...

andy1966

Quote from: goat on December 05, 2015, 14:13:47
was never a fan of mancini but at least he flapped his arms a bit and shouted, pelle looks tired and confused
All is not lost , Steve McClarren will be available by Monday  ;D

Ludo

Absolutely fucking dire.

We're making Stoke look like Barcelona.

gavin

Never looked forward to a final whistle so much in my life.

Swiss

To be fair, since we've dropped to 10 men we've played a little better...

lee

KunDB

Yes, another 'inexplicable' performance Pelle has to explain, players outplayed, players outfought, players out-thought. chaotic defence again, all round second best and by a country mile. Wrong team, wrong tactics, another Liverpool like collapse.

Even our class players looked shite, that's a clue in itself btw.

In a season we should be controlling the Premier League we are battling to stay in the top 4.

There just are NO EXCUSES.

Rowley Birkin QC

Worst City performance I've seen in a long time - at least the last two seasons (and we've had heavier defeats than that)

I can't find a single positive thing to say about that. We couldn't even get the basics right. Stoke passed the ball quickly, accurately, and worked hard for each other. Showed us how the game should be played. We were second best in every single department. Woeful. 

Ludo

The only positive to be taken from today is that hopefully Fernando's injury will keep him out for a bit.

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 05, 2015, 14:44:10
The only positive to be taken from today is that hopefully Fernando's injury will keep him out for a bit.
:D was thinking the same

Neil Mcnab

Stoke pressed, had more energy, managed to pass the ball accurately in difficult conditions. They also appeared to have more desire to win. We are almost turning into Arsenal, lots of possession, with no end product.

All our players were poor, with Kolarov being the least poor. Worst were Demichelis and Fernando. If ever a performance said let me go to Argentina, Demichelis's was. Fernando has had the odd good game, but he isnt up to the standard we need.

Opposing managers have found a flaw in our set up and Pellegrini appears to have no answer. He will need to find an answer very, very quickly, or...

Swiss

If Pep wants, then i don't think it matters what Pellers does this season. Thank god we don't play Boro at the end of the season

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 05, 2015, 15:22:53
Stoke pressed, had more energy, managed to pass the ball accurately in difficult conditions. They also appeared to have more desire to win. We are almost turning into Arsenal, lots of possession, with no end product.

All our players were poor, with Kolarov being the least poor. Worst were Demichelis and Fernando. If ever a performance said let me go to Argentina, Demichelis's was. Fernando has had the odd good game, but he isnt up to the standard we need.

Opposing managers have found a flaw in our set up and Pellegrini appears to have no answer. He will need to find an answer very, very quickly, or...

I second that, stepping away from tackles with regularity.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 05, 2015, 14:18:55
Because our players have little brains...

Don't exaggerate Rowley...there was no sign of any brains at all.

NileRivers

Again the match before a European tie.Is Pellegrini up to to the task as set out by the owners?Need to be honest with himself.Cannot hide behind the fact so and so is injured.We have a huge budget compare to Hughes eg.

Players look tired because they not training enough.We nowhere near the 50:50 ball.Our midfield cannot control the tempo.Players not playing for one another.its a shambles at times for a club that can buy entire Premier league teams.

Its an embarrassment to say the least

Lekos

Quote from: NileRivers on December 05, 2015, 19:40:36
Players look tired because they not training enough

How do you know they're not training enough? I'd say they look more like they can't be arsed than tired.

Pretty much agree with the rest of it.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I would be interested to see what Bony does in training

lee

the whole thing smells of they(the players and pelle) know somethings afoot...new manager rumours which are maybe more than just rumours now..nimmers hit the nail on the head with pellers looking like keegan..

KunDB

Quote from: lee on December 06, 2015, 09:50:24
the whole thing smells of they(the players and pelle) know somethings afoot...new manager rumours which are maybe more than just rumours now..nimmers hit the nail on the head with pellers looking like keegan..

If that is the case and probably is a stand in manager until the season end may be an option worth considering.

Swiss

Quote from: lee on December 06, 2015, 09:50:24

Or Sven. But at least he doesn't sound like Alan Ball

lee

how can we forget that boro defeat tony

Swiss

I think that summer was the first time i looked forward to not seeing city again for a few weeks