News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bias of the press

Started by nimrod, December 09, 2015, 01:13:09

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

On a night when an English team City finish top of their difficult group wouldnt you think it would be the headline ?

of course not, its the scum all the way ...........twats

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

Lekos

Great. Highlights how shit they are.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I agree.

If I can't read about how good city are I want to read about how shit they are!!

Ludo

Was it ever any different?

lee

KunDB

On a night I was travelling and dependent on the radio, Radio 5 live and Talkshite both concentrated coverage towards Man Utd's magnifient way win/draw to qualify for the knockout stages: oh dear that went wrong. The commentator near organism'ed when Utd equaalled the score in the dying minutes only to have shit all over his face two minutes later.

The City game turned out far superior quality, excitement, entertainment and the British club winning the group against the odds. Media ia firmly lodged in the past, stuck up Utd's arse and peddling their agenda (bought off).

Lekos

Funny how fans off all teams think the media is biased against them.

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on December 09, 2015, 06:55:59
Was it ever any different?

I seem to remember it being more even when we won stuff like in 69 but since then the rags have been pretty much the darling of the media Ludo, I was pretty annoyed this morning when I read all the headlines about United and had to look down the page in the Mirror to find anything about City, I just thought you know, a British club wins the group in Champions league should be headlines over one that bombed out (of an easy group)

As Lee says, will it EVER change ?

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on December 09, 2015, 09:02:12
Funny how fans off all teams think the media is biased against them.

There is always an element of that.

That said, however, Man Utd controlled the media and football agenda, manipulative and calculated strategy, for over 30 years.

Any media person or outlet stepping 'out of line' (with the positive messages/spin) was banned from OT and from received their media leaked story lines. Even the BBC got banned from after match interviews. That is no delusion.

The Man Utd / Liverpool tv media bias, even now, is blatantly obvious; for anyone with eyes and ears.

Victoria

It is no different here in the U.S. As soon as the Rag-vomit-prick-bastards qualified for the chumps league the TV stations kicked City off and showed Rag games; I was mad. >:(

reddishblue

How many guns have you got?

bry the guy

Looks like the rags have let thw EPL down and i hope its them that miss out on Champs league
in the coming years because of it.

Swiss

I wonder how Borussia dropping out of Europe completely will affect things

Stephen Paul

the rags will still make the headlines in Mondays draw!!!

gavin

The media are certainly biased towards the rags and Liverpool. I'm surprised anyone would dispute it really.

reddishblue

It all began the with Murdoch empire being allowed to buy shares in the rags.

nimrod

Ludo

Daily Rag "United avoid big guns in Champ League draw"

nimrod

Fucking UEFA cup will now get headlines over Champs league  ???

NileRivers

Same shit bias here in South Africa.Radio station thought we were cruising along by looking at the score.Next time will send fingernails what torture some of us go through.Most exciting match of the evening hell no still look at Fergie's achievments of bygone era.