News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Guardiola announcement

Started by Leewonpen, December 20, 2015, 10:50:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Leewonpen

Leewonpen

nimrod

Quote from: Leewonpen on December 20, 2015, 10:56:00
......and Manueline hopes he succeeds him at City........OK, it's the mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/want-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-7041408

Pelle is now basically welcoming him to City, its looking like a done deal.

Amazing that 17 years ago today we had just played York away and the Prem (and Yoonited) were a million miles away, and now were on the verge of getting the worlds most coveted manager  :o

KunDB

The two Barca boys convinced me this summer they could deliver, and I feel confident now they will deliver Pepe.

Neil Mcnab

Would think the only reason Burgerstain is still around is his potential to help bring in Pep. It cant be in his "help" in the choice of players, which has been poor. Fernando, Mangala, Navas, and Jovetic look like expensive flops.

Swiss

One area they have achieved major success in is the development of our commercial income and "brand" (*shudders).

alexsam

I see McNab still finds room for a negative post on what could be one of the biggest appointments we ever make.

As for the players quoted Jovetic was injured a lot, Navas has done ok but seems to be one for the boo boys, Mangala has time on his side and could be a very good player with the right consistent partner and coaching.

Fernando just too slow for the premier league.

All signings are something of a gamble.

No mention of De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho, Sagna, Negrado, all good signings. Then we have the keeping of Aquero, Silva and Zab. I could go on.

Victoria

I can't say for sure that PeP is on his way to City, I have posted before that he has had meetings with City officials in NYC (Marriot Marquis hotel), latest was two weeks ago. I know this because my friend is a waitress there, and  she is a big soccer fan so she knows who PEP is. However, the media here as in England has got him going everywhere such as Chelsea and Man U with it a done deal; he can't be in two places at once can he?.........lol
The media will really hate if he came to City and not those vomit pricks from Trafford and those rent boys from London.

alexsam

The rags do not know whether to stick or twist. Stick with van gaal and hope they might get Pep ahead of us or twist and get Jose now.

If they wait and Pep is ours will Jose still be available by then. Will they be stuck with Giggs which I hope happens as I do not rate him as any kind of coach/manager.

If it was City in the rags position I would get Jose now.

gavin

Guardiola would surely prefer to work at City with guys he knows and has had a successful working relationship with at a club he knows is going to invest in the team to support him. I'm pretty certain it will be Jose at the rags and Pep at City next season. That will be very interesting.

Personally, I'd much rather have Pep than Mourinho.

alexsam

Pep on the outside would appear to fit in to city's holistic approach

We shall see but it good to be involved at the top table. Beats getting turned down by Dave Bassett

Leewonpen

Quote from: gavin on December 20, 2015, 20:33:15
Guardiola would surely prefer to work at City with guys he knows and has had a successful working relationship with at a club he knows is going to invest in the team to support him. I'm pretty certain it will be Jose at the rags and Pep at City next season. That will be very interesting.

Personally, I'd much rather have Pep than Mourinho.

My concern is that Abramovich would also prefer Pep and "London" may have the edge. If that were to happen and Ancelotti in Munich who fits our bill?

nimrod

Quote from: Leewonpen on December 21, 2015, 23:59:43
My concern is that Abramovich would also prefer Pep and "London" may have the edge. If that were to happen and Ancelotti in Munich who fits our bill?

apparently Peps Missus likes the idea of London

goat

few hours away on train, he can live in london

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He can go to London as much as he likes on his private jet the sheik will give him

Swiss

Show her the Printworks and she'd be swayed...

Lekos

Bit of cheap shopping in Afflecks maybe, followed by drinks in the Northern Quarter, or Northern Shoreditch as it is now.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'll take her for a rough night in Picadilly and then a rough rumble in the insignia

Swiss

Victoria

Quote from: BBM on December 22, 2015, 17:33:53
I'll take her for a rough night in Picadilly and then a rough rumble in the insignia

you couldn't manage  a rough rumble with me, never mind PEP's wife  ;D :D :-*

goat

not sure thats pestys bag, try greeko

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: City Chic on December 22, 2015, 20:50:17
you couldn't manage  a rough rumble with me, never mind PEP's wife  ;D :D :-*

Your not prodding me with your concealed weapon!

nimrod

Lekos

Swiss

nimrod

zacc

where City's concerned I'm not holding my breath on this one!
Believe it when I see it
::)

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: alexsam on December 20, 2015, 16:24:38
I see McNab still finds room for a negative post on what could be one of the biggest appointments we ever make.

As for the players quoted Jovetic was injured a lot, Navas has done ok but seems to be one for the boo boys, Mangala has time on his side and could be a very good player with the right consistent partner and coaching.

Fernando just too slow for the premier league.

All signings are something of a gamble.

No mention of De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho, Sagna, Negrado, all good signings. Then we have the keeping of Aquero, Silva and Zab. I could go on.

Trying to think of something good. Which manager binned off Toure from Barcelona?

Swiss

I like pep, both his style of play and the man himself

bry the guy

Me too i hope we get him and i think we will.

Swiss

Fingers crossed.

Certainly will be interesting, polar opposite personality to Pellers.

Passionate is one word for him.

Ludo

Can't see him doing that little waltz with Yaya.

lee

the rags think they are getting him

goat

Quote from: lee on January 06, 2016, 16:28:26
the rags think they are getting him

the rags still think they are relevant

nimrod

Its getting a bit of a ball ache this pep speculation

do we have to hear and read about this for another 5 months ffs?

First he says he's leaving BM - massive press/fans speculation

Then a few weeks later he says he wants to work in the EPL - massive press/fans speculation

whats next...........he likes rain and the Cheshire countryside? ....massive press/fans speculation

Lekos

Welcome to the world post 1994 nimmers. You'll get used to it one day.

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on January 07, 2016, 23:25:36
Welcome to the world post 1994 nimmers. You'll get used to it one day.

probably dead before that mate, me and Brendo in St Annes nursing facility for the mentally unstable..

(thought of it makes me put my 'Christ...he's sending Fernando on' face)

BongoBlue

Quote from: nimrod on January 08, 2016, 00:27:52
probably dead before that mate, me and Brendo in St Annes nursing facility for the mentally unstable..

(thought of it makes me put my 'Christ...he's sending Fernando on' face)

I'll be next door in St. Ignatius' home for the bewildered. Come on over. I probably won't recognize you though... ;)

nimrod

Quote from: BongoBlue on January 08, 2016, 04:10:54
I'll be next door in St. Ignatius' home for the bewildered. Come on over. I probably won't recognize you though... ;)

you just want me to empty your piss bag