News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

new badge

Started by lee, December 23, 2015, 17:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

boxing day it is then...lets hope it's good

Reddish Hart

alexsam

it been seen on bluemoon

some bright spark did a search into recent intellectual property applications, city made one on Tuesday, the new badge

sorry I do not know how to post pictures

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/club-badge-merged.314458/page-428

a link

Ludo

My son showed me this earlier but apparently there's are other designs in the same application.

Hope so that ones shite.

Mcfc_ms

Would look better if the city bit was curved, plus if it actually said football club somewhere on it too

gavin

I like it apart from minor quibbles.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

lee

Swiss

I'm mostly happy with that.

The ship is quite relevant atm, given how many goals we're...shipping...

:coat:

I think I prefer these two:

The second prob being my favourite, not sure why we've never had a maroon (Lets not call it red) and gold away top...

Hankering for a fruit salad now!

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on December 23, 2015, 22:58:15
I'm mostly happy with that.

The ship is quite relevant atm, given how many goals we're...shipping...

maybe an oil tanker though ?

zacc

yeh love the one  with the bee :)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The club are going to unveil it before the Sunderland game and if it is that first one I can imagine a lot of moans and groans flying around which might be a bit embarrassing :/

Ludo

I can't help thinking that the club have missed a bit of a trick by not having the fans choose from a selection of badges.

The first badge which has the shield slightly overlapping the inner circle looks like it was designed by someone from the Beano plus I'm disappointed that the words football club or ar least FC aren't in it.

KunDB

I do not get the relevance of the red rose (Lancashire), and yes I know it is part of the clubs Coat of Arms.

Why is the shield overlapping the inner circle and what is the blue bit behind the shield (just looks poor)

Why no FC (something to do with marketing I presume).

Ah well, I will still wear it with pride.

lee

i dont understand all this moaning about the FC in the badge..we all know city is a football club..why state the bleeding obvious!!

merry xmas blues

nimrod

Quote from: lee on December 25, 2015, 22:52:09
i dont understand all this moaning about the FC in the badge..we all know city is a football club..why state the bleeding obvious!!

merry xmas blues

agree with you lee, for me its a great badge, better than the eagle Nazi shit

Swiss

It's not the Eagles fault the Nazi's loved them!

bry the guy

i would have liked it more had it been the manchester coat of arms.

Rowley Birkin QC

If that's the final design then I don't mind it. The absence of FC doesn't bother me, but given the choice I'd rather have the three rivers on the shield than the red rose. I like the inclusion of the date.

Swiss

If it is that design, the three rivers are still there

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

Picky :-P

But a little "fussy".

I get what the boat etc symbolise, but is it really relevant to the modern day?
We're not the "shippers" or "rivers" or "rose's" or eagles! Not sure working in a hammer and sickle or a few commy stars would go down though...

Ludo

The more I see it the less I like it.

Lekos

Is that the confirmed one then?

gavin

Yes, they showed it at the game. Looks great. Well done City.

nimrod

Brilliant badge, massive improvement

lee

im sure it will have different colour styles on away shirts/chumps league..looks good like this

Ludo

Black white doesn't make it any better.

lee

i think a lot of people love it and a lot of people hate it.. im delighted to see the back of that shit eagle and stars and back to a badge that actually means something to us who have supported city for 40 years+

Ludo

I'm in my 50's and have seen quite a few incarnations of our badge but the designers of this one have missed a trick or two.

I'm all for a round badge like older versions but this just tries to put too much in an oddly shaped logo. Do we really need a ship, the stripes, the rose, the date, the shield that sits strangely outside the circle of the badge? It's obliviously been constructed by a team that's thought "some people want a ship, some want a rose, some like the shield, some want the rivers, some want a retro roundel. I know, let's just throw everything at it and make it look like cartoon"

What's wrong with throwing a few designs on the official site and getting fans to vote?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The shield not fitting inside the circle properly is doing me tits in!

Ludo

Couldn'tve put it better myself

lee

Quote from: BBM on December 27, 2015, 18:50:58
The shield not fitting inside the circle properly is doing me tits in!
get used to it..its here to stay

nimrod

Ludo

City's design team unveil new skip.

"We maked a pictur"

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on December 27, 2015, 23:43:28
Brill

Now I do like that, making me feel better about the design already.

gavin

It's the badge that I grew up with modernised. The more I see of it the more I reckon they did a great job. I can understand a few gripes but dunno how anyone can hate it.

nimrod

Never thought Id see the return on the round badge, I thought we were stuck with the Eagle and stars forever

and yet people still moan  ::)

Thank you City

bry the guy

I think its a mistake not putting FC on it and a big one at that.

gavin

I can see why people object to that omission but it's not important to me. There is no other organisation known as Manchester City that I know of. Just the football club. Not much room for confusion.

Lekos

I think it's alright. Seeing it mocked up on the current shirt swung it for me - looks really nice on the shirt.

Ludo

As with all things it's a matter of opinion.

I've no concerns with the round style, I grew up with it, I've no concerns with any of the symbols individually but simply that the inclusion of all of them coupled with the intended 3D effect makes the badge look childish and comic book. Compare our new design to the simpler but similar designs of the older round badges or those of Leicester City or Celtic, sometimes less is more.

There's a whole generation of City supporters, my son being one of them, to whom ships and rivers and roses mean absolutely nothing but MCFC means a lot. As to the exclusion of the term Football Club, I remember a few years back when utd took it off their badge stating that they were more than just a football club they were a "global brand". I don't want to be a global brand.

alexsam

Ludo we are a global brand now, there no getting away from that. It is why we can sell tickets to anyone and no one bats an eyelid

However I do like the badge

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Would be nice if the club made a special shirt and came to an agreement with nike and etihad to allow something historic

bry the guy

i HAVE THAT SHIRT ON NOW BUT WITH LONG SLEAVES i also have the short sleave number 8 shirt with the the three rivers and my son got me the black and red 1969 fa cup final shirt with the Manchester coat of arms on for xmas, they are much better shirts than the new ones.

Sorry about the caps.

gavin

I have updated the site images. I have to say I like the look of it at the top right of the forum and on the main index when new posts are there. Big improvement on the eagle. But we stick with the lovely old badge for the citymancs side of course.