News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Canaries v City thread

Started by KunDB, January 09, 2016, 09:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Well according to the press Pellegrini has rested Joe again, he has decided to play his Willy instead in this FA Cup away tie.

That's it Pelle, risk Aguero, Silva, DeBruyne, pick lazy 'do not give a toss' Yaya, while ignore emerging youth talent like Kelechi in the cup.

Good thinking, wonder why we have a knackered injury plagued team. Still Joe will be well rested for our PL games, even if there are no fit first team defenders, midfielders or attackers to play in front of him.

Good man Pelle, carry on playing with your Willy and sod the 'holistic' approach.

I long ago lost trust this man, his tactics, motivation, leadership, and nothing since has restored my faith.

goat

caps lock broken?

the nigerian might start and its only a cup game so nothing to get worked up over

was only the other day you had a shitfit over aguero and silva coming off....in a not risking them way and whinged they didnt get enough match fitness...so make your mind up, want them playing to get fit or left out so they dont break?

KunDB

More important to rest our 'overworked' goalie than our key players, really?

Are you Pelle, Goat?

Stephen Paul

any Links for the game ?😏

goat

Quote from: Zabba on January 09, 2016, 10:15:02
More important to rest our 'overworked' goalie than our key players, really?

Are you Pelle, Goat?

i didnt say that, just pointing out the mental shit you come out with when you argue with yourself

and no, im not pelle

Swiss

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 09, 2016, 10:51:50
i didnt say that, just pointing out the mental shit you come out with when you argue with yourself

and no, im not pelle

Graziano?

goat

he does have nice hair

first time ive really bother to respond to him in a while, still avoids things pointed out i see

lets try again

you complain players are taken off because they wont get match fitness...fair point, makes sense
you complain players are risked/rushed incase they get injured... agueros case a very good and fair point
complaining manager doesnt do both at the same time....mentalist

KunDB

Quote from: goat on January 09, 2016, 10:58:42
he does have nice hair

first time ive really bother to respond to him in a while, still avoids things pointed out i see

lets try again

you complain players are taken off because they wont get match fitness...fair point, makes sense
you complain players are risked/rushed incase they get injured... agueros case a very good and fair point
complaining manager doesnt do both at the same time....mentalist

Ok I will respond again. The PL should be our top domestic priority, so save our best players for PL games not Cup games. Give the youth a run our in the Capital One cup, our lowest priority.

Aguero needs match fitness returning from injury, play him 90 minutes PL games then rest him in Cup games and give Kelechi a run out. Give a few youth defenders a run out also and rest first team defenders. Certainly drop under performing lazy Yaya and play a young midfielder.

This is prioritising competitions and resting players for lesser priority competitions, and it does make a lot of sense and will allow us to develop and assess if the young ones are likely to take the giant leap to first team successfully. Treating all 3 domestics as equal priority in a vain attempt to win all 3 and Champions League is just plain crazy.

Players need managed and that is just not happening, it would seem that only our goalies game time and fitness is being managed; the player who needs it least. It is just madness and illogical and resulting in tired, injured and under performing players and team performances. Bad management.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on January 09, 2016, 11:51:29

Aguero needs match fitness returning from injury, play him 90 minutes PL games then rest him in Cup games and give Kelechi a run out. Give a few youth defenders a run out also and rest first team defenders. Certainly drop under performing lazy Yaya and play a young midfielder.

if the league is priority why risk playing half fit players in it, we see most weeks anyone can beat anyone and the difference between 3 and 0 points can come down to aguero being tired around 70 minutes and not getting on the end of a chance compared to a fresh someone else (obviously not bony) this is the type of game you can let them run around a bit and not worry about the result

This is prioritising competitions and resting players for lesser priority competitions, and it does make a lot of sense and will allow us to develop and assess if the young ones are likely to take the giant leap to first team successfully. Treating all 3 domestics as equal priority in a vain attempt to win all 3 and Champions League is just plain crazy.

hes resting the keeper, if hes that arsed with all 3 wouldnt he play the first choice at  arguably the most important position? ill bet you a quid the shite like navas starts today

Players need managed and that is just not happening, it would seem that only our goalies game time and fitness is being managed; the player who needs it least. It is just madness and illogical and resulting in tired, injured and under performing players and team performances. Bad management.

wasnt sterling rested a few times?

KunDB

Overall I understand what you are saying and do not fundamentally disagree, but Pelle does not manage it that way.

Point 1 Pelle invariably replaces Aguero with Bony, who strolls around watching the game, just like Yaya.

Point 2 Navas sadly will start today, I am sure, but he probably needs to and the real issue is we should have got shot of him last summer.

Point 3 Sterling was rested, although dropped may be a more appropriate term, a few times. He is still young and developing mind. That does not constitute player management just management of a few players not the team as a squad.

Given our situation I would play one perhaps two upcoming youth today Kelechi definitely, and perhaps one of Manu Garcia or Toisin Adarabioyo (CB).

If we lose we lose, we can then go all out for the Capital One cup given we are so close to getting to the final.

goat

goat

just seen the line up  :D

prepare for pelle out for starting kids against norwich madness

KunDB

Team news:

Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, Navas, Sterling, Iheanacho, Aguero

Hart, Sagna, Clichy, Humphreys, Horsfield, Celina, De Bruyne

goat

keep up, done that
and you owe me a quid

KunDB

Quid in post

C'mon City let's be 'aving you

lee

Quote from: stephenmcfc on January 09, 2016, 10:45:23
any Links for the game ?😏

im waiting for steve to sort us out

bry the guy

gavin

Looks like only audio available so might as well use the OS.

goat

on live in albania, found a few albanian channels but no idea which is sport

Swiss

yer, i can't find any, shocking!

goat

you can crack on with the hawkometer instead

Swiss

wey, 2-0 up.

Still sounding iffy at the back though

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 09, 2016, 14:09:26

So sterling off, KDB on

Aguero off, Clichy on

Meaning Kolorov as LM

When was the last time sterling played a full match...

goat

just saw sergios goal, fuckin hell

bluebrendan

Good to see Nacho getting a decent amount of game time, apparently a worldy by Aguero.

Tricky Trev

When Navas starts city usually wins, or at least that's how it feels. Anyone know any statistics? Yay for a clean sheet.

KunDB

A good day, an easy win, clean sheet, Kelechi got a proper chance and shone, Delph excellent too, Celina got his debut, no Yaya no coincidence we played our best game of the season.

More of this.

gavin

Neil Mcnab

Sounding like a broken record, but Toure "rested" and according to the MEN we bossed midfield. Hopefully Pellegrini gets the message. No doubt Norwich gave a few squad players a run out.

clevblue

Good win especially with dippers and arsenal and some rag team scraping through. A good day for team confidence

Better still if we beat the Arse in the final