News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Yaya

Started by Swiss, January 09, 2016, 15:57:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Do you think he thinks the world is against him and that he's the best player ever ever ever!?

Neil Mcnab

Its lucky he is so humble and gracious.

Swiss

Maybe no one baked a cake!

Tricky Trev

Sometimes it feels like he won't or do not understand that what he did last season doesn't give him a free pass the next season. You have to perform every season, and every season has their own life and doesn't rely(much) on the previous season. As much as he has contributed(and that is A LOT) if feels like he thinks he should be untouchable because of previous accomplishments.

Ludo

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 09, 2016, 20:16:33
He's a tool.

Tools are useful, so he cannot be a tool; he is a deadweight :)

Leewonpen

Neil Mcnab

Respect to Pellegrini, he is a real gent. Unfortunately he has a failing, not spotting when players are past their best. If, in addition to that the player gives the impression that he is the big I am, my shit dont stink, I can do no wrong, then all the good things he has done are quickly forgotten. He has behaved like an idiot in the past and even more so now. I expect some damage limitation soon, taken out of context, misunderstanding and the like.

He has dissed the African player of the year title, because he believes Aubameyang is a plastic African. But mainly because Toure did not win.

His agent is worried if Pep takes over, Toure will be out on his ear. His agent says "“He has had offers to leave City, but he loves the club, he loves the fans and he loves the people of Manchester." Bullshit, the only person Toure loves is himself. Compare him to Zabaleta, who is virtually now a honourary manc. The only reason he has not left is no one has offered more cash than us.

clevblue

All true, except that Zaba isn't just virtually a Manc, he's really one of us!!

alexsam

I for one am getting a bit sick of the constant shit Yaya gets from City fans.

Definitely he is no way at his best but we have very short memories when it comes to what he has done and achieved with and for the club.

It is like there is a campaign against him. Poor show for me.

Who are we now to cut off a player so easily? Sometimes it smacks of jealousy for me and I know because I have heard it and confronted a couple of people on it, racism.

I heard one bloke actually quote Ron Atkinson and say Yaya is a lazy n*gger.

Unbelievable.

Stephen Paul

not my favourite cup of tea

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: alexsam on January 10, 2016, 13:22:10

Definitely he is no way at his best but we have very short memories when it comes to what he has done and achieved with and for the club.

Who are we now to cut off a player so easily? Sometimes it smacks of jealousy for me and I know because I have heard it and confronted a couple of people on it, racism.

Unbelievable.

Obviously the racism is totally out of order and that sort of language/opinion/mentality has no place in society let alone football.

In regards to cutting a player off so easily, people talk about clubs having no loyalty in regards to the players, but it's a two way street and it is extremely difficult to find a player that is loyal to a club these days.

Over the past few years his form has been on a downward trend and I believe it would have been best for both parties if he moved on last summer so city could still get a decent fee for him and in order for him to leave the club as a nailed on legend. No one can argue with what he has done for the club but each time he turns out and puts in an invisible performance he slightly tarnishes his reputation giving us more ammunition to stain his status.

Yes he does come up with moments of magic but are you happy to see a city player give any less than 100% not just in one game but constantly?

Swiss

Quote from: alexsam on January 10, 2016, 13:22:10

Unbelievable.

It's got nothing to do with the colour of his skin, for me at least, I can't speak for others and those should be rightly shot down.
He should be rightly hailed as one of our best CM's of all time, such as his performances for past city teams.

But we're in an industry that relies on current performances and Yaya's have been on the wane for the last couple of seasons.
Players can have an off game, can have a bad spell, but when those performances last a couple of seasons then it's time to move on or change things.

Clearly Yaya is in denial about his physical condition and even his performances on the pitch given his outburst at the African POTY award.
In his head, the 2 seconds of brilliance that leads to a goal justifies his place on the team.

When in reality he can no longer sustain the lung busting runs, I can remember 1 in the last few games and he got tackled (It was a very good tackle tbf).
He meanders in and out of games.
His defensive work is no longer great, it's just average.
And his offensive contributions are dropping too.
I'm not sure that this is to do with being lazy, but more to do with age.
Stamina and speed are disappearing. And it happens to us all, but in Yaya's head he can still compete. But he can't.
The Centre mids that recognise that they need to adapt their game are the ones that stay around for longer.
Stevie G, Frankie L all adapted their game.

Stevie took on more of a deep lying playmaker
Frank played more as a number ten.

Now here's where great player management comes into play.
It's getting Yaya to self realise.

I think he could easily fill Bony's role, but also the deep lying playmaker

If playing the DLP, we'll still need 2 mids in front of him.
If playing the second striker role... I believe David Silva (in advanced mid) or Iheanacho are better options at this time.
Nacho seems to work well with Kun.

Therefore, I don't think he should be playing at this time. He'll be upset and given his past, most likely to kick up a massive stink that could be detrimental to the team.

All I can say is:

So long and thanks for all the fish!
He's been a great player for the club, but the time has come to draw the curtain.

Lekos

Pretty much exactly what Swiss said, word for word (apart from the fish bit).

Swiss

Quote from: Lekos on January 10, 2016, 14:55:26
Pretty much exactly what Swiss said, word for word (apart from the fish bit).

That better?

gavin

Yaya can still change games and has done very recently. We need to play him in the right way to get that whilst not weakening the side in other ways. I think it would be careless indeed to abandon a player who is still winning us points on a regular basis.

Ludo

Playing Yaya in the right way is one thing, knowing exactly what that way is is another.

To utilise him correctly and consistently would mean either dropping one of Sterling, Silva or De Bruyne on a regular basis or Yaya accepting that he'd have to fit into a regular rotation system. Neither is ideal but but Yaya accepting a regular place on the bench is unlikely.

I imagine that should Guardiola take charge next season it will be a problem that won't arise again.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on January 10, 2016, 21:20:21
Yaya can still change games and has done very recently. We need to play him in the right way to get that whilst not weakening the side in other ways. I think it would be careless indeed to abandon a player who is still winning us points on a regular basis.

We don't need yaya to change games, we need him to boss that game. Something I don't think his legs are capable of anymore.

Leewonpen

Quote from: Swiss on January 11, 2016, 00:21:59
We don't need yaya to change games, we need him to boss that game. Something I don't think his legs are capable of anymore.

This^^^
We can't put him in the team as a starter in the hope we may get that 5-10 mins of brilliance, particularly away from home or against teams who are going to get in our faces (most of them this season).

I'm afraid his day has gone. As Ludo rightly says, Pep won't allow sentiment or ego get in the way.

goat

fuck him off, get someone in that can run

sorted

nimrod

I disagree with Ken and Alex I think its time to get rid

he wanders about and slows the game down too much, its like he's so big running is hard for him....and we all get sick of him whinging about daft shit.

Yes he comes up with the odd goal but for me we'd be a better team without him, lets stick with Delph & Dino

442 with Nacho & Kun up top

I think Yaya would soon fuck off if dropped

gavin

Every team needs players that can turn games. We need players that can do more than just run a lot. Though I was interested by the Sky Sports stats that said Yaya runs a good distance but rarely sprints. I think it would definitely be a good idea for him to sprint a bit more. He's always been a bit languid but we did used to see a few lung busting runs.

goat

cant really afford to have him hang around on the off chance he does something for 5 out of 90 minutes