News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sunderland 0 Chelsea 0

Started by gavin, November 29, 2014, 19:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Chelsea drop two points now come on City. Must be three points tomorrow and then we visit Sunderland where hopefully we can do a better job than Chelsea and we often do there.

Zabba

Chelsea draw away to Sunderland so a bit of incentive for us for tomorrow.

Big chance, if not an easy one, to close the gap to 5.

Zabba

Sorry Gavin, snap, but yes a massive incentive for us to assert some psychological pressure back on Chelsea. Lets hope.

bluebrendan

Good scrapping by Sunderland, the other bonus is I can't see them having that much energy on Wed night. Must win tomorrow though.

gavin

We will still be six points behind if we win tomorrow but yes it has to be a big incentive to close on them a bit at last. If we could be three or four points behind going into the new year it would be game on.

Zabba

Oops forgot they get a point for a draw. 6 it is. More than the dropped two points is the fact it shows that this Chelsea sid2e is beatable and all the talk of them as the next 'invincibles' is media hype and madness.

City Slicker

Lets hope we can avoid our annual 1-0 defeat up there on Wednesday? 2003 was last time we beat the Saints away, something similar v the black cats will be great

gavin

I reckon we will go there and make a statement of intent this time.

As for not beating Southampton away since 2003 - how many years have they been in the Championship. I hate it when the TV mention stats like that and don't inform us exactly how many visits that involves.

bry the guy

I think they were in league 1 for about 2 seasons.

zacc

Watched the game and Danny Mills was the co commentator and constantly praised Chelski
one comment being they're "world class players".
Never hear him praise City the same way!!!

Here (Malaysia) the pre match discussion features 2 Aussies (different channels have one on each) they love City.
As you can imagine I enjoy their comments. 
8)