News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Saints Thread

Started by 93:2012, November 30, 2014, 13:14:21

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Jovetic, Nasri, Aguero

Caballero, Pozo, Milner, Lampard, Fernando, Sagna, Demichelis

Like it a good strong team even minus injured Silva.

C'mon City

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm pleased to see Fernandinho go straight back in. I will be very interested to see how energised Yaya is for this one...

gavin

Very positive side with two up front. Bench looking a bit sparse attacking wise but it would be nice to see Pozo come on and make an impact. Come On City.

Rowley Birkin QC

Who the feck is this ref?

Aguero gets hacked down in the area - and gets booked for diving  :o

Rowley Birkin QC

And Mangala looking all at sea at the back again... and now booked.

Zabba

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on November 30, 2014, 13:42:51
Who the feck is this ref?

Aguero gets hacked down in the area - and gets booked for diving  :o

Do not be surprised if Aguero gets a second yellow and sent off.

Ref is one Mike Jones?

Zabba

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on November 30, 2014, 13:52:37
And Mangala looking all at sea at the back again... and now booked.

Are we sure this is the same Mangala that played for us against Chelsea, I'm not.

gavin

Where do they get these refs from? Most have them haven't got the slightest clue. That was a clear penalty and yet a booking for diving was given. Really it should be unbelievable but after watching the game against the rags it is just par for the course I suppose. Utterly disgraceful.

I though we had a reasonable half without being incisive enough. Hopefully we can remedy that second half.

Rowley Birkin QC

Half time, and after a promising start we have reverted yet again to our turgid, slow tempo, tippy-tappy, going no-where lateral passing - football.

Our movement off the ball is dreadful.

Drastic improvement needed in the second half or we will lose this one for certain.

bluebrendan

Lampard for Jovetic soon for me.

bry the guy

I was thinking the same and Milner for navas too.

Zabba

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on November 30, 2014, 14:23:54
Half time, and after a promising start we have reverted yet again to our turgid, slow tempo, tippy-tappy, going no-where lateral passing - football.

Our movement off the ball is dreadful.

Drastic improvement needed in the second half or we will lose this one for certain.

What movement? There was movement, good God. We obviously have never heard off quick, sharp, incisive attacking.

Rowley Birkin QC

I'll say one thing for Southampton - they're well organised and they work hard. Before the kick off I think the commentator on my feed said something about 7 of the Saint's players in the starting line up have played in every Premiership game this season. The continuity shows.

Zabba

Zabba

WTF was Mangala thinking. Pathetic defending.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Zabba on November 30, 2014, 15:03:24
You mean Toure, sloppy again.

bluebrendan

Zabba

City legend Lampard strikes again.

Brillant intercept James Milner.

Zabba

Quote from: bluebrendan on November 30, 2014, 15:04:23
Quote from: Zabba on November 30, 2014, 15:03:24
You mean Toure, sloppy again.

NO Toure was an idiot but no point Mangala clattering the attacker to the ground, always going to a yellow and off.

Kilkenny Blue