News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Toffees Semi-Final Thread

Started by KunDB, January 27, 2016, 18:59:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Come on City

Caballero, Clichy, Demichelis, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Toure, Delph, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero

Subs: Hart, Sagna, Angelino, Navas, Fernando, De Bruyne, Iheanacho

Leewonpen

Think we have to score at least 3 to go through. Be interesting to see how we actually line up......Delph on left?

Stephen Paul

Swiss

Quote from: Leewonpen on January 27, 2016, 19:20:04
Think we have to score at least 3 to go through. Be interesting to see how we actually line up......Delph on left?

I bloody hope not, we've tried that twice to no avail.

I think it should be

------Delph-----Dinho-------
Silva-----Yaya--------Sterling
-----------Kun----------------

Swiss

I'll give yaya his due there, he was the first mid back in the box when Demi was out paced, Clichy was nowhere in shot!

Ludo

Stephen Paul

So is Sterling if you are going on the last few games

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on January 27, 2016, 20:04:12
Otamendi is a tool

I don't really get this hate campaign against him...

Clichy should have closed the gap and so should demi

Ludo

He dived in needlessly when he simply had to stand his ground. After that the space simply opened up for Berkeley.

Swiss

Yer, it was a poor stumble tackle. But it was 40 yards out, Delph I think moved away rather than close him down and Clichy just stood on the edge of the box.
Demi made moves to close him down but he was too slow.

With everyone changing positions, no one is picking up the runners, or just letting them go.

lee

need some proper width now...kev or jesus 2nd half and take sterling off..he's bobbins

Lekos

Stephen Paul

Ludo

Ludo

Swiss

Made up for the Penalty we should have had

Tricky Trev

There goes the season(KDB). At least we get the opportunity to get smashed by Liverpool again!

:coat:

Lekos

Gutted about KDB but more than happy with another trip to Wembley

clevblue

Quote from: Lekos on January 27, 2016, 21:42:47
Gutted about KDB but more than happy with another trip to Wembley

My thoughts entirely, looks like a bad fall that one

Lekos

It does look quite bad, probably ligament damage. May well be out for a good few weeks  :'(

KunDB

Great performance, great win. Well done Cabellero, played great.

Gutted about KDB! Lets hope not as bad as it looks,

Rowley Birkin QC

Some of the Everton tackles in the last 10 minutes or so were a little too tasty for my liking.

Great win!

KunDB

Media morons whining on about second goal being out, what about the penalty not given , the post saving Chelsea twice. Crap talkers.

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 27, 2016, 21:54:06
Some of the Everton tackles in the last 10 minutes or so were a little too tasty for my liking.

Great win!

I thought the ref was a bit lenient on the tackles from the off

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on January 27, 2016, 21:56:56
Media morons whining on about second goal being out, what about the penalty not given , the post saving Chelsea twice. Crap talkers.
chelsea?

Ludo

a good result a a few good performances, notably KDB, Sterling, Fernandinho and Aguero.

Otamendi needs to stay on his feet more.

nimrod

Great win

Ball was out but things evened up after the lack of penalty 1st leg

goat

otamendi is alan kernaghan with a hipster makeover

KunDB

lee

Quote from: goat on January 27, 2016, 22:13:25

he does look a cnut

nimrod

Quote from: goat on January 27, 2016, 22:13:25

:D

not funny for us really but funny

gavin

Everton got their just desserts in the end. Good to see Martinez whinging about shit refs again. Well played City, we played some great stuff and were well worthy of the win. Shame about De Bruyne who was superb. Hope he is back soon. Sergio awesome again. Otamendi  is a riddle - reckless and silly for their goal and yet did some great tackles.

Dunno why people don't turn up for these games - it was much more entertaining and atmospheric than the average league game.

Ludo

Quote from: gavin on January 27, 2016, 23:03:16Otamendi  is a riddle - reckless and silly for their goal and yet did some great tackles.

Some good tackles yes but for most of them he was on his arse.

Victoria

Quote from: gavin on January 27, 2016, 23:03:16
Everton got their just desserts in the end. Good to see Martinez whinging about shit refs again. Well played City, we played some great stuff and were well worthy of the win. Shame about De Bruyne who was superb. Hope he is back soon. Sergio awesome again. Otamendi  is a riddle - reckless and silly for their goal and yet did some great tackles.

Dunno why people don't turn up for these games - it was much more entertaining and atmospheric than the average league game.

I did not turn up because I am snowed in and the airline cancelled all flights on Friday and Saturday. As for now, I have no idea when I will be able to get off this mountain.  :(

goat

Victoria

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on January 27, 2016, 23:14:03
Some good tackles yes but for most of them he was on his arse.
I was fuming when he fouled Kone just outside the box late in the game, he needed to stay on his feet there but as he so often does he dived in.