News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep confirmed!!!!

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, February 01, 2016, 13:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Peps coming in the summer yeeeeeeeeefuckinhaw!!!!!!!

shandon

I wonder how this will effect the rest of this season?

goat

same way it did when sven was sacked probably

stupid timing really, have to feel a bit for pelle

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Maybe good timing to start pulling their finger out to impress.

Doubt pep will be watching though. Might have a mate to do that though hmmmm

Ludo

I doubt the timing makes the slightest difference. Pellegrini, and probably the senior players, will have known about this for some time; it was after all a fairly badly kept secret.

I just hope the team have enough about them to send Pellegrini away a winner.

goat

soon see

anyone else not conviced pep is all that?

Ludo

I'm certainly not convinced. He's not really had a team to build yet, that's not his fault I suppose, but if the powers that be want a change then there really was only him or Mourinho.

goat

glad its not just me then, yeah the football is good but its harder to make the likes of messi, xavi and iniesta look shit

bet yaya is shitting himself, no other club will pay him what city are

Leewonpen

Ludo

Yaya might be the one player it affects.

He could become lazy and disinterested.......

Leewonpen

I'm hopeful but yet to be totally convinced. As Ludo said, only him or Josie.......god forbid it was Josie. Should be interesting times if the humble one ends up at the swamp

lee

good news but like steve said poor old pelle..anyway we will see a different brand of football and attract the very best..bye bye yaya

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on February 01, 2016, 14:01:35
soon see

anyone else not conviced pep is all that?
big move but not sure about him

bluepill

Is there a good way to announce something like this? It might light some fires under a few players. Shame for pelle  though he's been doing a decent job. At least it's not a panic change because we turned shit

Hesperus

Amazing news. I do think Pep is all that and can't wait to see his style of football at the Etihad. I've never been a fan of Pellegrini, but I have to take my hat off to him, he's handled the situation with great dignity. I only hope he can go out on a high with the players doing their upmost for him.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out. 

KunDB

For those of you not sure, maybe you would prefer Big Sam or Harry to come in.

This is dream world, this guy is top drawer and we are lucky as hell to get hiim (though luck had little to do with it).

The Utd fans in my work today admitted that this is like a bad dream coming true, Utd fans would die for Pep to be their manager.

Right guy, right time, roll on the good times. City are about to step up another level, the pace of change is amazing.

I have not even a mere fraction of a doubt.

Tricky Trev

Jesus christ, this fucking club. You can throw all the money in the world and hire whoever, it's still amateur hour. As disappointed I am with Pellegrini, this is such unprofessional bullshit. Every single time city change a manager it's a mess, godamnit city, why won't you let me love you? What a big fuck you to our season and the manager AGAIN. It's one thing to fuck up and be the laughing stock with no money, it's kinda charming andf cute, but there's no godamn excuse anymore. Fuck you city. And fuck you to every spineless cretin our there that think this is any way to treat a manager and run a football club. Godamn soulless.

The only thing that would make it okay was IF Pellegrini was retiring as a manager for good.

KunDB

Just watched Pellegrini Sunderland match interview with press. He is so dignified and respectful. Even though for quite a while I have felt strongly that he was not the right manager to take us to the next level it is hard not to respect the guy and appreciate his serene personality.

At the end of the press conference he announces he is leaving at the original contract date, with immense calm and dignity. Was there ever a more likeable manager than Pelle.

I hope City reward him well, he deserves that and maybe even a place on the executive team as he brings so much to our club.

gavin

Sometimes you have to act decisively to get what you want and that is what City management have done. Nothing wrong with what they have done. It is very hard to keep secrets in football.

I too have a few doubts about Pep but he is the first choice manager around at the moment. I don't think Pelle has achieved what he could and should have done over his three years. He has done a decent job but no more, he is a good bloke and has handled this excellently.

Ludo

Quote from: TrickyTrev on February 01, 2016, 19:01:42
Jesus christ, this fucking club. You can throw all the money in the world and hire whoever, it's still amateur hour. As disappointed I am with Pellegrini, this is such unprofessional bullshit. Every single time city change a manager it's a mess, godamnit city, why won't you let me love you? What a big fuck you to our season and the manager AGAIN. It's one thing to fuck up and be the laughing stock with no money, it's kinda charming andf cute, but there's no godamn excuse anymore. Fuck you city. And fuck you to every spineless cretin our there that think this is any way to treat a manager and run a football club. Godamn soulless.

The only thing that would make it okay was IF Pellegrini was retiring as a manager for good.

Are you taking the piss or not taking the tablets.

City have done absolutely nothing wrong. Pellegrini has said he knew about it and City have said they want to end the constant speculation that dogged every news conference he did. Now everyone knows where they stand, life can go on and the players know they have a duty to Pellegrini and to themselves to end the season on a high.

Perhaps when LVG goes you can moan about that too.

Neil Mcnab

He has managed two clubs where Phil Neal would have found it difficult to f^ck it up. It wont be as easy managing us.
However, he is a great draw for players. We have more chance of the likes of Bale, Pogba and even Messi signing for us now. I expect the owners have promised waterfalls of cash for those new players. 

In regards Pellegrini, real difficult job being yesterdays man while still being in charge until the end of the season.

nimrod

This is the best news, Pep is the most desirable manager in the world, he will take City to another level with the players he will attract, Im assuming he will also have endless funds to make City as big as the 2 Spanish giants, bigger than the rags.
He is a superb manager who has his players working extremely hard, mostly off the ball. Players who want an easy ride will be binned and replaced.

Pelle wont be affected by this imo, he is under a contract, he won nothing last year, he will be handsomely rewarded and will be free to take another top post in summer. Football is big business now and this is how it works.

Best news this year and Im beginning to think lekos is right.

Swiss

Pellers has released a statement saying that he forced city's hand in releasing the statement

bluepill

He also said the club didn't do anything behind his back. He's a pro and will have no problem getting another top job - do you reckon he'll stay in the prem?

nimrod

Quote from: bluepill on February 01, 2016, 23:59:12
He also said the club didn't do anything behind his back. He's a pro and will have no problem getting another top job - do you reckon he'll stay in the prem?

Could be Chelsea ?

I dont think Pelle is a top mgr but he is a top bloke

Im sure all City fans will wish him well whatever he does (unless he goes to the rags)

One sour note is that the rags may now pull out all stops to get Jose

bluepill

That is hilarious though considering they're bitching about the style of football.

He will buy a big lump like drogba to stick up front and they will hate the style. If he fails to win things they will do exactly what they've done with LVG

zacc

Lekos

clevblue

Burgerstain and the other bloke have got what they wanted, good for them, and the rags are completely pissed off  :D

nimrod

"With part of the Barcelona brains trust already in place â€" the executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Beguiristain â€" Guardiola can pursue his work without the kind of interference or off-stage chirping he encountered in Germany."

but does citopest still hate them ?

Lekos

It's not like him to change his mind.

goat

hes oiling up his caps lock now

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 00:17:32
One sour note is that the rags may now pull out all stops to get Jose

Sour note? Bring it on, there's not much wriggle room for the rags now, they have to try and get a "name" manager - they can't risk giving Bryan Riggs the job, it would almost literally be man against boy.

I think Pellegrini has been in the loop on the club's desire to get Pep pretty much since he took the job, can't blame him for wanting it out in the open now rather than having to face the same questions time after time at each press conference.

Paul lakes knee

Why are people doubting him as a manager? :o

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on February 02, 2016, 11:40:05
Sour note? Bring it on, there's not much wriggle room for the rags now, they have to try and get a "name" manager - they can't risk giving Bryan Riggs the job, it would almost literally be man against boy.

I think Pellegrini has been in the loop on the club's desire to get Pep pretty much since he took the job, can't blame him for wanting it out in the open now rather than having to face the same questions time after time at each press conference.

I think the plan was to let LVG do his 2 or 3 years then pass the reins on to Giggs, this would've ensured their shiteness for years, JM could ruin that, this announcement could force their hand to splash out on him. Just one little down side, I see all their fans are now insisting the club gets him.

ebm1991

big rumours here at Valencia that Pelle could replace Gary Neville this summer especially as Pell's agent is good friends of the new and current director at Valencia.

Hope he comes here, need his attacking style here.

goat

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on February 02, 2016, 11:46:04
Why are people doubting him as a manager? :o

because managing barca and bayern with those players are not really a huge test and his european record should be better

lee

Quote from: bluepill on February 02, 2016, 00:29:51
That is hilarious though considering they're bitching about the style of football.

He will buy a big lump like drogba to stick up front and they will hate the style. If he fails to win things they will do exactly what they've done with LVG

bang on

lee

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 10:18:29
"With part of the Barcelona brains trust already in place â€" the executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Beguiristain â€" Guardiola can pursue his work without the kind of interference or off-stage chirping he encountered in Germany."

contrary mary

Swiss

Quote from: goat on February 02, 2016, 14:53:34
because managing barca and bayern with those players are not really a huge test and his european record should be better

A couple of positives to flip that

• he's used to dealing with big ego's
  • He's used to lots of media attention
  • He's worked with some of the best players in the world
  • His reputation in world football is in the top three in the world atm, possibly the media would put him at no.1
  • Only 2 managers in the world have won more Champs Leagues than him, he stands at 2, the other 2 are on 3
  • Hopefully he'll be able to bring in top class players
  • We're a team nearly at full quality. So he'll be managing top players
  • The energy he brings will hopefully put the fire in our players again
  • He'll move on players that don't pull their weight
  • He got Boateng playing well after he was shit here!

Bullet pointed for effect  ;)

nimrod

Quote from: goat on February 02, 2016, 14:53:34

Yes he inherited great teams at those clubs, as he will at City, he just needs to tinker with our team and get them playing his way, we dont need rebuilding

Our cred in world football by getting Pep has just gone up by erm..

(Swiss pie chart needed)

(Swiss pie sounds nice actually)

gavin

It's a different world from getting turned down by Dave Bassett.

reddishblue

No wonder you wanted to meet me in a gay bar. For the record I meant the Legh Arms opposite Openshawe Tech. Don't show your arse in there whatever you do.

Ludo

We may not need rebuilding be we do need a good gutting out.

Yaya and Fernando probably top the 'to go' list and he'll need at least two new full backs. I cant imagine Mangala features highly in his dream team either.

gavin

Quote from: reddishblue on February 02, 2016, 23:07:55
No wonder you wanted to meet me in a gay bar. For the record I meant the Legh Arms opposite Openshawe Tech. Don't show your arse in there whatever you do.

What the fuck is that about?

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 10:18:29

I am a very understanding and forgiving man, as you know, they have delivered on the transfer front and now on the manager front as well, so I have forgiven them their past failings.

They only have to deliver the quad next season to keep out of my bad books.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on February 02, 2016, 23:05:31
It's a different world from getting turned down by Dave Bassett.

you mean Dave Bassett 'England Manager'  :D

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 22:58:28

(Swiss pie sounds nice actually)

Google Goatse

Quote from: Ludo on February 02, 2016, 23:11:50
We may not need rebuilding be we do need a good gutting out.

Yaya and Fernando probably top the 'to go' list and he'll need at least two new full backs. I cant imagine Mangala features highly in his dream team either.

Out - 8 Players
Def - Sagna, Clichy, Demi, Mangala
Mid - Navas, Nasri, Yaya
Stk -Bony

Unless we're willing to give a kid the chance or bring in 2 x CM's, i can't see us getting rid of Fernando. Given the outlay needed to bring in the following positions, I think he'll be here another season. But that's only because of the other areas that need strengthening first. Also depends how Dave will fit in, if they're looking to replicate that Xavi/iniesta partnership then Dave could be used more there.

In - 5 to 7 players...

Def - £30 to £70mil estimated
1 x RB or promote Maffeo
1 x LB or promote Angelino
1 x CB & Promote Denayer

Mid - £70mil+ with Pogba & Neymar rumoured... they'll prob both be at Barce next season + Sanchis (Arsenal) the sky's the limit on spends
1 x CM
2 x wide mid/fwds

Atk - £50mil min
1 x Stk - my top choices would be Lacazette or Cavani

Minimum spend is £150mil...

Here's an interesting look at Pep's tactics
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/9-pep-guardiola-formations-last-year-demonstrating-bayern-munichs-tactical-flexibility#:eMraWSEzML8HsA

nimrod

Been slyly grinning at the Pep thread on rag cafe, theyre really upset   :D

This is my favourite post so far, the question was, Peps appointment, how will it affect us ?

It means City twisting us inside out with quick interchanging and 75%+ possession at Old Trafford, whilst we camp on the edge of our own box...

It's obviously not all over, it doesn't spell inevitable doom for United, but there can be little doubt which club will be favourites to clean up the most trophies in the next three years (and play the best, most expansive football whilst doing it). Mourinho with a point to prove and on full wind-up mode is probably our best bet of stopping/disrupting City in this coming period, but that sadly seems like a very unlikely prospect at this stage.

It's a great coup for City. Guardiola looks like the final piece of the puzzle in their quest to be taken properly seriously on the European stage. He'll be a boost for them in the transfer market too. The bastards.

clevblue

Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2016, 09:15:40

This is my favourite post so far, the question was, Peps appointment, how will it affect us ?

It means City twisting us inside out with quick interchanging and 75%+ possession at Old Trafford, whilst we camp on the edge of our own box...

It's obviously not all over, it doesn't spell inevitable doom for United, but there can be little doubt which club will be favourites to clean up the most trophies in the next three years (and play the best, most expansive football whilst doing it). Mourinho with a point to prove and on full wind-up mode is probably our best bet of stopping/disrupting City in this coming period, but that sadly seems like a very unlikely prospect at this stage.

It's a great coup for City. Guardiola looks like the final piece of the puzzle in their quest to be taken properly seriously on the European stage. He'll be a boost for them in the transfer market too. The bastards.

That sounds like it could be my brother in law!  :)

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

What?! So does this mean that my (and goat's) dream of Zlatan signing for City is finally over? I'm gutted

reddishblue

Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2016, 09:15:40

Is there a forum upon which you do not whore yourself?  :D

goat

nimrod

Quote from: reddishblue on February 03, 2016, 22:29:41
Is there a forum upon which you do not whore yourself?  :D

would never post on there mate but love reading/gloating what they say when we achieve summat significant, whether reading a thread on there can be termed whoring......Im not sure.

they are extremely jealous of what they conceive to be our long term planning, ie.weve been grooming Pep since 2012 and were grooming his eventual successor, plus what weve done with the academy, it all shows a long term strategy, something they havent got.

City are a team who've clearly set out a course which involved building up perhaps the world's best academy (in terms of money invested), have built up a decent team that everyone knows needs a bit of retooling - yet it's February and theyre still in all four competitions playing a style of football I would run over my own dog for (I dont own a dog... YET) in comparison to what we watch at Old Trafford.

Have they cut back their academy spending by 15%? Have they refused to accept the resignation of their manager who has the team playing the least aesthetically pleasing brand of football in the country? Is their team 5 points behind 4th place in the table?

No. It's us. Yet they're the ones who are upgrading their manager by looking to the future and planning ahead accordingly.

:D

reddishblue

You've only just got it? Fucking hell.

nimrod