News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City V Chelsea: Build up and Match comments

Started by Swiss, August 16, 2015, 13:43:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

A little over 2 hours to one of the biggest games of the season, who's excited!?

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes - real sense of anticipation about this one.

reddishblue

Manchester City
01 Hart
03 Sagna
04 Kompany
20 Mangala
11 Kolarov
42 Y Touré
25 Fernandinho
15 Jesús Navas
21 Silva
07 Sterling
10 Agüero
Substitutes
05 Zabaleta
08 Nasri
13 Caballero
14 Bony
22 Clichy
26 Demichelis
72 Iheanacho

KunDB

Worried about our defence as Slimeball will set up with a tight packed defence and hit on the break.

Ah well I am a worrier lets get behind the team and show last season was a blip.

Stephen Paul

Tricky Trev

It's one of those matches, miss the unmissable ones. You won't be doing that vs chelsea without getting punished.

KunDB

KunDB

KunDB

KunDB

WTF is Costa complaining about, hypocrite.

guidebridgeblue

Tricky Trev

Great half except city should have killed the game already. This will cost(a) city dearly in the end.

Swiss

Aye, could be 3-0 by now. Glad Kun got that one though!

Navas has had a few nice touches but he's next to useless in the final third
Sterling needs to stop knocking th ball too far infront of him and find his shooting boots but he is working hard
Silva is awesome but I'm surprised he hasn't been booked.
Yaya looks like he's working his balls off
Nando could have walked for that elbow on Costa

Costa should have been booked for diving

Begovich has kept chelsea in with a chance

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on August 16, 2015, 16:52:47
WTF is Costa complaining about, hypocrite.

He's a dirty player, watch some of his highlight reels, he's actually a horrible man

KunDB

Might want to think about subbing Fernandinho as ref will realise it could have been red, and will be itching to give him a second yellow/red.

KunDB

Now that was a comprehensive win and a soul destroying defeat for Chelsea.

Tricky Trev

bluepill

Well that's probably just lubed up the transfer market

KunDB

Might sound silly but I am over the moon with the clean sheet, We looked solid in defence today.

Swiss

Yep, I'll give that an -A, would have been an A* if Kun had got his hat-trick he should have!

Lekos

Wow, cracking match!  Great performance and could / should have been 3 / 4 up by halftime.  Sustained the Chelsea pressure in the second half and absolutely turned them over in the end!  OOOSH! 

Aside from the usual amazing individual performances, I thought Mangala had a good game and it was nice to see Fernandinho score.

reddishblue

Swiss

Yep, couldn't fault Mangala today, everyone was on their game, it's hard to pick a MOTM

Swiss

Tell you what, if Mangala continues like that, we won't need another CB!

guidebridgeblue

3-0 flatters eh Maureen,  just ignore the multiple chances before we scored!

Swiss

goat

chelsea were the better team second half apparently

reddishblue

I heard that too. What a fucking dick he is. Looked like he'd been up all night whizzed out of his napper.

gavin

Great performance from City. We really bossed them for the most part of the match and got the goals it warranted in the end. On another day we could have been a few up at half time. Serge always takes a few games to hit his straps unfortunately. But the start to the season has been fantastic. We look a country mile ahead of anyone else in the division. Shouldn't get too excited at this stage but we do look very good indeed.

andy1966

Just what the Doctor ordered, a bitter pill for Moaning Ho to swallow, I recon Terry answered him back at the half time arse kicking ,to get himself binned
Sounded like a top class performance

nimrod

What a great result ! ...........massive result  :D

but shit, cant find a torrent, I was too tired to stay up for it?

zacc

all pundits saying shoulda been red for Fernandinho's foul on Mr angry !!

gavin

His arm looks almost straight and there is no lever action at all. I don't know how these 'experts' interpret it as a red. Costa does far worse in every game he plays and rarely gets sent off.

Swiss

bry the guy

I didnt think it was a red but i do know every club in the prem have been reminded how easy it is to wind him up.

Rowley Birkin QC

Went to bed in the small hours after that absolutely buzzing! What a game!

We suddenly have a defence! And WHAT THE FECK did they put in Yaya's tea! Running around the pitch like a gazelle  :o

Chavs had no answer to Silva - he rang rings round them. In fact, the Chavs had no answer - full stop. They couldn't cope with the quadruple threat of Aguero, Silva, Sterling and Yaya - plus Kolarov's runs and crosses on the left. We were immense! Outstanding performances ALL round.

Still buzzing...

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: zacc on August 16, 2015, 23:34:44
all pundits saying shoulda been red for Fernandinho's foul on Mr angry !!

Not in Aus - to be fair. Neither Bosnich or Robbie Slater thought it was a red.

Very clumsy, but not malicious for me. Yellow.

He otherwise had a great game.

nimrod

bry the guy

Quote from: nimrod on August 17, 2015, 00:34:31
Blimey;

"Aleksandar Kolarov, arguably the best left-back in the Premier League right now."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3200075/Manchester-City-3-0-Chelsea-Sergio-Aguero-Vincent-Kompany-Fernandinho-strike-Jose-Mourinho-s-champions-sunk.html#ixzz3j1YDzqIB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That is a great write up i loved this bit.........John Terry was taken off at half-time with a badly bruised ego and scorch marks.Plus many more coments.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3200075/Manchester-City-3-0-Chelsea-Sergio-Aguero-Vincent-Kompany-Fernandinho-strike-Jose-Mourinho-s-champions-sunk.html#ixzz3j1ltJnCx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Stephen Paul

Swiss

Ha Ha :)

yep, I also think Costa could have picked up 2 yellows easily.

Thankfully the ref booked nando for that so no tribunal

KunDB

A team performance, every player working hard and for each other. Creativity and pace amazing. Best City performance I probably have ever seen.

Stephen Paul

Silva looks as if he has a point to prove

zacc

wasn't a red imo as said before we watch Ivanavic & Diego hack, wack, cheat every week so couldn't happen to "nicer" people.
best reply to their going ons was Fernandinho getting the last goal! 
:D

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: zacc on August 17, 2015, 11:55:44

best reply to their going ons was Fernandinho getting the last goal! 
:D

And he absolutely monstered it!