News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Otamendi

Started by KunDB, August 16, 2015, 20:06:32

Previous topic - Next topic

ebm1991

Correct. Spanish news confirming it

gavin

Interesting that we might get rid of Mangala when we have had such a good couple of games. And Vinny is so full of praise for him on the OS after the game.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2015/August/City-v-Chelsea-Kompany-interview

bry the guy

And now Mangala has aclimatized to the prem it looks like he is off on loan while his ex partner at porto takes his place.we could be starting all over again so why didnt city get Otamendi last season instead of Mangala??????????????????????????????????

Best give joe the golden glove now eh.

Neil Mcnab

He was only a young lad in the world cup 2010, but he was very poor. Dont understand this signing.

bry the guy

no im saying we got mangala last season after loads of problems in signing him and now we are signing his ex partner?

Leewonpen

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 16, 2015, 21:05:35
He was only a young lad in the world cup 2010, but he was very poor. Dont understand this signing.
This...
Mangala is much improved (only 2 games I know) so far and for me, a pleasing thing was having the same back 4 for the first two games.
Bit disappointed tbh.

gavin

If you watch that video linked, it is interesting that Vinny says it would be nice to continue without changes.

bry the guy

i THOUGHT HE PLAYED WELL in the last 6 games of last season.

Swiss

Mangala, Vinny or Otamendi?

Tricky Trev

I understand the need to replace mangala, if we look at last season but at the same time, how bad of a deal can you possibly get ?

Sign mangala for 4353534543 mil, give him away for "free" the next season. City   ;D

My head hurts.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 17, 2015, 12:17:43
My head hurts.

Best if you stop drinking that Red wine then...

Leewonpen

Sky reporting that Mangala NOT part of the deal but, the outstanding fee for Negredo is....

goat

Tricky Trev

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 17, 2015, 12:22:44
Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 17, 2015, 12:17:43
My head hurts.

Best if you stop drinking that Red wine then...

Or if you could make sense of this whole situation. Not part of the deal sounds better.

Neil Mcnab

Sounds like Valencia are struggling to pay for the Beast, so are offering Otamendi. I would say no, he isnt good enough. Mangala is looking much improved and we have Demi and Denayer. We need to strengthen in other areas. All that said they are saying he is already in Manchester in the Spanish press.
Would send Fernando out on loan. Vinny or Demi in DM if needed.

gavin

We needed to strengthen the defence and two decent games does not alter that. It does alter that Mangala should not be sacrificed. We need to be cautious after last season's defensive performances.

Swiss

I think what's made us look so much better is that Fernandinho and Toure are bossing the midfield again.

We have Delph in too that looks lively.
Sterling was tracking back and helping out
So I think there is a whole team ethic this season compared to last when half the team couldn't be arsed.

But yes, still need a CB cause Demi won't be here next season and I reckon we'll either send Denayer or Demi on loan to them (Or Demi permanent).

The Otta wouldn't be my first choice but he's here and I'm sure we'll give him time to settle in :)

Swiss

Neil Mcnab

Just goes to show, stats arent all that.