News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Italy V ROI

Started by Swiss, June 22, 2016, 21:44:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Italy look a bit shit.

I've only seen the 2nd half, but feck me, this is not an 'Italian' performance

Ludo

They were poor and Ireland were well deserved winners.

Thiago Motta wouldn't get a game for a pub team.

zacc

cracking result for them just got to move la belle France out now! :D

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on June 22, 2016, 22:13:00
They were poor and Ireland were well deserved winners.

Thiago Motta wouldn't get a game for a pub team.

I hardly recognise a player on that team!

Barzagli, Bonucci & Motta

No Cheillini?

Lekos

They rested lots of players as we're already through. Chiellini played in the other two games.

Swiss

Just woondered if he was injured

BongoBlue

Ole ole ole...etc...;) COYBIG!

Yeah I know that Italy had a second string out but an Italian second string still would have ten times more ability that us. But we really took it to them and made them look extremely ordinary. Great stuff.

Now for the frogs...we owe them for Terry Henry's handball too. So you never know but more than likely the adventure will probably end here. Hope we put the wind up 'em anyway...:)

gavin

That was one of the great travesties of football. What made it worse was that henry couldn;t even see he had done anything wrong. It just goes to show the modern day footballers are cheats through and through. Whats more is they sit on TV as 'experts' and extol it to watching kids. It is shameful.

Swiss

Yer cause no one cheated in the old days, hand of god *cough cough  ;D

gavin

There has always been cheating and diving. One and the same really. However what bothers me most is the casual acceptance that it is the "right" thing to do for the team and the free expression of this. Generally, I don't believe footballers are role models. However, we are in danger of creating generations of snidey cheats who see no wrong in it. Like Thierry Henry. He shouldn't be allowed on TV. Good luck to the Irish.

Swiss

Bit harsh, they let Keane on TV and manage and he's a proper twot.

TBH, I don't like what Henry did. But it's not illegal. I rank it with the defender that picks up a red for hacking a player down as they're about to score. No difference in that at all, yet "yellows & reds for the team" seem to be acceptable.